Vic Beasley. Move him to linebacker

Spts1

10 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

Yea that didn't work either. Someone needs to teach him a **** spin move, all the OL has to do is move him past the QB cause Vic never spins to the inside.

I remember his first two years he'd try spins all the time in an embarrassing way, then he learned to time it with Freeney. Since then, havent seen **** one attempt at a spin, swim or RIP, just terrible edge rush every time.

12 minutes ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

I remember his first two years he'd try spins all the time in an embarrassing way, then he learned to time it with Freeney. Since then, havent seen **** one attempt at a spin, swim or RIP, just terrible edge rush every time.

He has no desire to do anything else but an outside speed rush. No counter move, no spin move, no violent hands. Watching the edge rushers over the wild card weekend makes me think Beasley is a lost cause.

1 minute ago, slick0ne said:

He has no desire to do anything else but an outside speed rush. No counter move, no spin move, no violent hands. Watching the edge rushers over the wild card weekend makes me think Beasley is a lost cause.

What drives me nuts is that's so predictable, if he just countered inside even 10% of the time, those moves would almost always be sacks bc linemen know they just have to guide him out of the play.

Yeah, I'm sort of at the "he should be in a 3-4 and isn't really going to cut it in a 4-3" spot myself.

He should be a prototypical LEO, but apparently they don't like him there for whatever reason, and he can't seem to rush from the other side, so......

50 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

He belongs in a 3-4 and would do better in my opinion. I don't see a 3-4 happening here as long as Quinn's the HC/DC.

I concur.  He is purely a edge rushing linebacker.  I watched tape of him at Clemson.  It was the line as a UNIT that made him good in college. You put him in a 3-4 and utilize overload blitzes and he would florish...

1 hour ago, 81KJW said:

we didn't try that he still plays like 98% defensive end for us. 

Yes we did. 2017 Vic took lots of snaps at SLB.

"Falcons coach Dan Quinn told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution after his season-ending news conference Thursday that the third-year player will move from linebacker. 

“I have re-assessed it,” Quinn said. “He played six games at linebacker and two injured. I’m going to put him full-time, all-the-time back at pass rusher. I thought it was best for the team even though some of his production would go down.

“His best role is doing what he does. He won’t go back to linebacker.”