Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cole World

Atlanta Falcons rivals TB Bucs

71 posts in this topic

The Bucs are close to being at least an average team with better coaching. Arians and Bowles are a clear upgrade over Koetter and freaking Smitty :lol:

They need to improve their defense but they are close. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

Arians couldn't get it done when the Cards were a top 5 roster in the league, he's not getting it done with the Bucs. We'll see though, maybe this year they'll actually play to expectations. 

Yea, I could be wrong. It’s just a prediction after all. But I disagree with your take on Arians with the Cardinals. He had 3 straight winning seasons with Carson Palmer as his QB. 

ZoneOne01 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Yea, I could be wrong. It’s just a prediction after all. But I disagree with your take on Arians with the Cardinals. He had 3 straight winning seasons with Carson Palmer as his QB. 

Winning seasons but not much besides. I guess the Bucs would be happy with just a winning season now. I'd take Palmer at the time over Winston now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

Winning seasons but not much besides. I guess the Bucs would be happy with just a winning season now. I'd take Palmer at the time over Winston now.

Maybe. Palmer had had a pretty underwhelming career before Arians. Also, in his final year, they went 8-8 with Drew Stanton and Blaine Gabbert at QB. This is also while playing in a division with the Rams and Seahawks. And now without him, they have the 1st overall pick in the upcoming draft 

Flying Falcon and Vandy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Maybe. Palmer had had a pretty underwhelming career before Arians. Also, in his final year, they went 8-8 with Drew Stanton and Blaine Gabbert at QB. This is also while playing in a division with the Rams and Seahawks. And now without him, they have the 1st overall pick in the upcoming draft 

The Rams sucked at that point though. I'm not saying Arians is a bad coach, I just feel like the hype around him right now is as if he was a multi-SB winning coach and he's not that. I always liked him but if he has postseason success with the Bucs it'll be his first. 

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, BlazerSlayer said:

Exactly. And you'd have their best defensive players like McCoy and David, ill suited for a 3-4, imo.

The good news is maybe McCoy is cut. I’d love to sign him and then grab a guy like Lawrence 

Vandy and Flying Falcon like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

The Rams sucked at that point though. I'm not saying Arians is a bad coach, I just feel like the hype around him right now is as if he was a multi-SB winning coach and he's not that. I always liked him but if he has postseason success with the Bucs it'll be his first. 

In the season I’m talking about, (last season) the Rams won the division and went 12-4. Arians was the coach last season. They went 8-8 and battled injuries at QB all year. Rams won the division with Mcvay and lost in the playoffs to you know who. 

And yes, I’m aware he’s not a super bowl winning coach. But he does have a reputation of elevating QB’s. This is why I think this is a very smart hire by Tampa 

Flying Falcon and Vandy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

In the season I’m talking about, the Rams won the division and went 12-4. Arians was the coach last season. They went 8-8 and battled injuries at QB all year. Rams won the division with Mcvay and lost in the playoffs to you know who. 

And yes, I’m aware he’s not a super bowl winning coach. But he does have a reputation of elevating QB’s. This is why I think this is a very smart hire by Tampa 

Definitely a good hire, but the Bucs always manage to turn a promising offseason into a subpar regular season.

You're right though, I think I misread your post. His good seasons were before the Rams were a good team but last season they were pretty decent. 

JD dirtybird21 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, caponine said:

Todd Bowles is an awful hc but a terrific DC and Arians is a great headcoach. Difference between TB and Arizona is TB has more talent, they could possibly get Bell or Brown or Both. May not be next year but i think Bucs will be a real challenge to the whole nfc south

This is the same thing that is said every single Year.

The last time that they made the playoffs...Matt Ryan was in college

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Man, I hope you're wrong. Brown, Bell, and Evans. We'll have a new head coach in no time.

lmaoo , ikr. Bucs have always had alot of talent but you add Arians and Bowles. Nobody should take tampa lightly anymore even if they dont have a good record next season. I see then becoming a serious rival for either saints, panthers or falcons. No team really took them serious

JD dirtybird21 and ZoneOne01 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

This is the same thing that is said every single Year.

The last time that they made the playoffs...Matt Ryan was in college

this year seems different, and you have the cap room to make some moves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, caponine said:

this year seems different, and you have the cap room to make some moves. 

This is exactly what was said last year.

Maybe 2019. Will be different....but they gotta show it first

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Excellent moves. 

Tampa fire Koetter, hires Arians and probably Bowles. While we hire Koetter. 

Yuk.

I need to take a shower after saying it aloud

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Yea, I could be wrong. It’s just a prediction after all. But I disagree with your take on Arians with the Cardinals. He had 3 straight winning seasons with Carson Palmer as his QB. 

 

2 hours ago, Lornoth said:

Winning seasons but not much besides. I guess the Bucs would be happy with just a winning season now. I'd take Palmer at the time over Winston now.

Arians is an example of why I was never on the Kubiak bandwagon. Coaching in NFL is hard enough, do you really want to hire a burned-out one? You need a coach who is ‘all in’ willing to put in all the long hours the job entails to win a championship.

Look at what happened to Smitty, he was never the same after his health scare. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Vandy said:

 

Arians is an example of why I was never on the Kubiak bandwagon. Coaching in NFL is hard enough, do you really want to hire a burned-out one? You need a coach who is ‘all in’ willing to put in all the long hours.

Look at what happened to Smitty, he was never the same after his health scare. 

i mean can you blame him?? that changes. your perspective on alot of things

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

This is exactly what was said last year.

Maybe 2019. Will be different....but they gotta show it first

Agreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vandy said:

 

Arians is an example of why I was never on the Kubiak bandwagon. Coaching in NFL is hard enough, do you really want to hire a burned-out one? You need a coach who is ‘all in’ willing to put in all the long hours the job entails to win a championship.

Look at what happened to Smitty, he was never the same after his health scare. 

I agree to an extent...he changed up his philosophy in 12,we became more aggressive on offense and on defense...remember the seattle playoff game?? We litterally came out guns a blazing and went right after the seahawks secondary....something that we did not do vs the Giants the year before.

...but then 13 and the cluster happened amd he got on the hot seat and then 14 i think between the natural stress of the job and the looming prospect of being fired....he just reverted into the "be as safe as possible"......which ironically in the end is what got him canned.

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I agree to an extent...he changed up his philosophy in 12,we became more aggressive on offense and on defense...remember the seattle playoff game?? We litterally came out guns a blazing and went right after the seahawks secondary....something that we did not do vs the Giants the year before.

...but then 13 and the cluster happened amd he got on the hot seat and then 14 i think between the natural stress of the job and the looming prospect of being fired....he just reverted into the "be as safe as possible"......which ironically in the end is what got him canned.

Good synopsis. Plus all the injuries too.

Quinn did the exact same thing this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I agree to an extent...he changed up his philosophy in 12,we became more aggressive on offense and on defense...remember the seattle playoff game?? We litterally came out guns a blazing and went right after the seahawks secondary....something that we did not do vs the Giants the year before.

...but then 13 and the cluster happened amd he got on the hot seat and then 14 i think between the natural stress of the job and the looming prospect of being fired....he just reverted into the "be as safe as possible"......which ironically in the end is what got him canned.

FWIW, Koetter wasn't actually "fired" technically. He got a HC opportunity. That being said, it's unknown if Quinn would have kept him or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0