D.B.N.

Matt Ryan’s Replacement

140 posts in this topic

We need to seriosuly look into drafting Ryan’s replacement in the next few years. Trevor Lawrence, Jake Fromm, Tua are all options. Ryan is not getting any youger. The writing is on the wall

Flying Falcon and cblack like this

Just now, D.B.N. said:

We need to seriosuly look into drafting Ryan’s replacement in the next few years. Trevor Lawrence, Jake Fromm, Tua are all options. Ryan is not getting any youger. The writing is on the wall

Well we’d need a top 5 pick for any of those guys. 

Just now, shock said:

Well we’d need a top 5 pick for any of those guys. 

Silly me, knowing us we would suck just enough to miss playoffs and then win out at the end of the year to miss out on top 5 pick. Sound familiar?

ChickenBiscuit and Dirtybird3 like this

3 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

It's not time to draft Matt Ryan's replacement

I agree with OP. I do think we need to think about the future eventually ala the Chiefs when they took Mahomes. This draft class is definitely not the one to do it though. 

MoFalconsFan56 likes this

11 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

True! I've been preaching this too. It's just our organization is stubborn...

cblack and Flying Falcon like this

8 minutes ago, 81KJW said:

It's not time to draft Matt Ryan's replacement

Why can't we do what the eagles are doing?

9 minutes ago, Dirtytrollbird said:

We don’t need to.  Wentz is always hurt, they need Foles.  

Ryan has missed two games (2009) in 11 seasons.  174/176 games.  Backup is literally just holding a clip board.

1 minute ago, rings639 said:

We don’t need to.  Wentz is always hurt, they need Foles.  

Ryan has missed two games (2009) in 11 seasons.  174/176 games.  Backup is literally just holding a clip board.

Oh okay. It was just a thought because it works for them. But yeah Ryan is very durable. But I do want someone a lil better than matt shaub

MoFalconsFan56 likes this

40 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

Why not? Ryan is getting old bro. He won’t hold up forever. 

Ryan is 33 and Brady is still playing at what, 41? Manning hung it up at 41 or 42? Favre? 

Ryan is less injury prone and healthier than any of those guys overall

So we should drop a top 10 pick on a QB to replace Matty Ice in... 7 years? GENIUS! 

:lol::lol:

54 minutes ago, weezy01212 said:

I agree with OP. I do think we need to think about the future eventually ala the Chiefs when they took Mahomes. This draft class is definitely not the one to do it though. 

Chiefs drafted Mahomes because they weren't going to go anywhere offensively with Alex Smith at QB.

Are you forgetting that just a few seasons ago the Chiefs went just about an entire season without a passing TD to a wide reciever?

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, D.B.N. said:

Most QB’s would kill for their “writing on the walll” to resemble Ryan’s.  In the last 3 years, Ryan has had 2 of the top 25 passer rating seasons ever 

Edited by Falconsin2012

51 minutes ago, Dirtytrollbird said:

the Falcons  will wait to  Matt Ryan  doesn't have any left  in the tank and then panic

Flying Falcon likes this

2 minutes ago, 81KJW said:

the Falcons  will wait to  Matt Ryan  doesn't have any left  in the tank and then panic

Typical falcons for ya.... Smh...

Flying Falcon likes this

Posted (edited)

Since we are in La-La land, let’s hope the Eagles win the SB again.  They’d be forced to keep Foles, and maybe Wentz is our QB of the future for 2 first round picks.  Then trade Ryan for a 1st round pick.

Since we are in La-La land....

And Ryan is still better than Wentz at the moment.  But for the future, I’d do it

Edited by Falconsin2012

Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

Since we are in La-La land, let’s hope the Eagles win the SB again.  They’d be forced to keep Foles, and maybe Wentz is our QB of the future for 2 first round picks.  Then trade Ryan for a 1st round pick.

Since we are in La-La land....

Lol.. Good one