Drew4719

Bears vs Eagles

250 posts in this topic

58 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

Eagles shuffled 13 players in their secondary this year and won a playoff game. That's why you can't use injuries as an excuse, good coaches can coach around that. I hope we have good coaches like that one day.

I bet you weren't happy with our one playoff win last year. 

6 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Ice Bryant is one kick away from what we saw from Janikowski last night. 

Already happened once this season on a long one. 

10 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Ice Bryant is one kick away from what we saw from Janikowski last night. We already saw it in his game winner against the Sucs on 10/14. Take a look at his hamstring in slo mo on that kick. Rubbery. Buddy is breaking down. Giorgio kicked a perfect 100% while we rested dude for three weeks. I believe he's ready. $2M in cap relief. We need it. Dimi and Quinn kept him on the roster for a reason. He's under contract next year.

I know man. You’re right. The money matters. It hurts though. Bryant was our SB winning move and the Falcons put him on the shelf. **** Shanny’s arrogance.

putnam6 likes this

4 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

I know man. You’re right. The money matters. It hurts though. Bryant was our SB winning move and the Falcons put him on the shelf. **** Shanny’s arrogance.

I get it,I get, but lets hope he wants to walk away from it. Honestly put Bryant right up there with any kicker dude was clutch and from distances for a long time.

11 minutes ago, osiruz said:

Chicago kicker used to be reliable, what happened to that kid?

It gets in your head when you start missing kicks. Watch that kid in Baltimore start to struggle with that.

1 hour ago, VTCrunkler said:

I hate that the eagles were in the exact same position as we were last year.  And they converged on that fourth down.  Lucky the bears missed the fg 

The Eagles have shown the Falcons how we should have done things throughout history. 1980 against the Cowboys. 2004 NFC Championship. Super Bowl against the Patriots. 

23 minutes ago, putnam6 said:

I get it,I get, but lets hope he wants to walk away from it. Honestly put Bryant right up there with any kicker dude was clutch and from distances for a long time.

He should have eventually been in our ring of honor. Like seriously. He has been that important to this team. Shanny robbed him.  It’s historically bad. For him. He’s financially comfortable though but still at this level guys like them want more. What a failure. It’s sad.  

JerseyNo12 likes this

6 minutes ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

Bears were a better match up to beat the Saints. They’ll beat the Eagles. 

Lol no they weren't. They struggled at home against Nick Foles. You really think they would have done better in the house of horrors against Drew Brees? 

I trust Nick Foles more than Mitch Trubisky.

38 minutes ago, osiruz said:

27 minutes ago, Jesus said:

It gets in your head when you start missing kicks. Watch that kid in Baltimore start to struggle with that.

It seems the kick was tipped at the line.

A Dog Named Brian and Drew4719 like this

54 minutes ago, osiruz said:

Lol! He missed over 10 kicks just this season...

Reliable??!! 

33 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

The Eagles have shown the Falcons how we should have done things throughout history. 1980 against the Cowboys. 2004 NFC Championship. Super Bowl against the Patriots. 

The Falcons should take notes. 

19 minutes ago, Statick said:

It seems the kick was tipped at the line.

Oh boy, just enough. Game of inches and all. That kick still had a shot too.

2 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

I hate that the eagles were in the exact same position as we were last year.  And they converged on that fourth down.  Lucky the bears missed the fg 

And they did it with a back up!!!!!!

26 minutes ago, cblack said:

And they did it with a back up!!!!!!

Starting QB, RB, DE, CB1, CB2 and FS on IR. Eight others on IR. No problem.

Go on the road and win a wildcard game. Falcons watch at home on the couch by the fire. 

cblack likes this

Posted (edited)

37 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Go on the road and win a wildcard game. Falcons watch at home on the couch by the fire. 

CHI offense sucks. Eagles always had the better shot at scoring more over the course of a game vs CHI, IMO. Eagles already won a SB with Foles so that part isn't surprising to me.

Their secondary is the major injury department for sure. Good thing they played Mitch and Turbo; "featured" weapon.

Also, their front 7 is still plenty dominant as is their OL.

^Basically our entire problem on the roster. Front 7 and OL. They are doing just fine there health wise.

Only our DL wasn't very hurt by the time Grady came back and Irvin was too little too late. We had already blown those CIN/NO home games. The OL was gonna be just serviceable with Levitre/Fusco to begin with. Schraeder going early retirement after losing the OGs gimped our run game. Eagles can still bring in 2 TEs, give security for Foles and play a controlled game. Oh, amazingly with an OL you can still at least attempt deep bombs, too.

Get our OL and front 7 fixed already!

PS: CHI gets a win on 4th down or their K isn't THAT guy we saw tonight and Eagles lose anyway. 

Edited by Ergo Proxy

3 hours ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Lol! He missed over 10 kicks just this season...

Reliable??!! 

He was thinking of Robbie ghould I think. Bears dumped him years ago

4 hours ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

Bears were a better match up to beat the Saints. They’ll beat the Eagles. 

There is no way Tribisky was going to go down to the super dome and win in there. No way. Foles actually could do it 

NCFalconfan and mattyicefalcon like this

4 hours ago, Pay the Zebra said:

He was thinking of Robbie ghould I think. Bears dumped him years ago

And Robbie Gould landed with the 49ers and just keeps right on ticking. That move never made any sense to me. Kicking in Chicago with the wind off the lake isn't easy and Gould is one of the best in the business.

6 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

No problem? They won thanks to a missed kick lol. Lets not pretend they went into Chicago and streamrolled the Bears.

7 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

CHI offense sucks. Eagles always had the better shot at scoring more over the course of a game vs CHI, IMO. Eagles already won a SB with Foles so that part isn't surprising to me.

Their secondary is the major injury department for sure. Good thing they played Mitch and Turbo; "featured" weapon.

Also, their front 7 is still plenty dominant as is their OL.

^Basically our entire problem on the roster. Front 7 and OL. They are doing just fine there health wise.

Only our DL wasn't very hurt by the time Grady came back and Irvin was too little too late. We had already blown those CIN/NO home games. The OL was gonna be just serviceable with Levitre/Fusco to begin with. Schraeder going early retirement after losing the OGs gimped our run game. Eagles can still bring in 2 TEs, give security for Foles and play a controlled game. Oh, amazingly with an OL you can still at least attempt deep bombs, too.

Get our OL and front 7 fixed already!

PS: CHI gets a win on 4th down or their K isn't THAT guy we saw tonight and Eagles lose anyway. 

The majority of our pi ks should be in the trenches there should be some concentration in FA there as well.

Ergo Proxy likes this

19 hours ago, wartownfalcon said:

Well Saints to the Super Bowl now. Only shot we had to see them not make it was Chicago

I wouldn't be too sure... Both Eagles and/or Rams/Cowboys could upset them.. Rams probably best shot.  And to be honest, even if CHI wins I didn't think they were going to beat the Rams