Falcons Fan MVP

Is there any chance Gary Kubiak can still come here with Elway blocking us?

67 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Jesus said:

I believe they interview Bevell today or they have already. The thing is there is someone they have in mind who is still coaching. That's the guy they want. They could have hired Bevell or Koetter now. Bevell might be a fall back, but I don't think Arthur is going to spare any expense if Quinn feels that whomever they want is their guy.

You're probably right. In fact Gary Kubiak probably wasn't the Falcons main target because if he was they would have interviewed him sooner.

20 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Sark meet me at the Citgo in Anniston. I'll drive you back up to The Branch. Sorry for being so terse when I dropped you off Monday but I just couldn't get past the five game swoon this year bro. Even with the Dimi replacements on the Oline.

It's lookin like we're down to Bevell and Mularkey. I'd love Mularkey but we'd need three hosses and a big back. That aint gonna happen so come on back. We'll try to get you a couple OLinemen. You'd have to mix in some man and zone inside runs though.

Why would you love Mularky? If you enjoy exhausting 150 yard Matt Ryan passing games and a cloud of dust, good luck. That garbage gets you blown out nowadays. 

Falconsin2012 likes this

2 minutes ago, osiruz said:

Why would you love Mularky? If you enjoy exhausting 150 yard Matt Ryan passing games and a cloud of dust, good luck. That garbage gets you blown out nowadays. 

You watch the playoff games this weekend? Defense and a cloud of dust. The highest score posted was 24 points by the Cowgirls. Matt Ryan is an 11 year vet now. Not the youngn Mularkey raised. He would thrive in Mularkey's playaction deep passing game and would be back in the no huddle with a run game to keep defenses from pinning their ears back.

3 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

You watch the playoff games this weekend? Defense and a cloud of dust. The highest score posted was 24 points by the Cowgirls. Matt Ryan is an 11 year vet now. Not the youngn Mularkey raised. He would thrive in Mularkey's playaction deep passing game and would be back in the no huddle with a run game to keep defenses from pinning their ears back.

This is Mularky's passing playbook summed up into one play. Teams sit on those comebacks and intercept them now. His teams have been lopsided rushing only attacks for a reason. Not even montana can excel in that offense.

colts-td-1-1.jpg

4 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Mularky doesn't do deep passing.

17 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

LMAO

Most of those are intermediate throws where the WR got lucky due to bad coverage.

4 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Bwahahahaha

And those were like 1 deep throw per quarter season lol. Sorry you can't convince me, I've seen a lot of titans and old falcons games. The guy drew his playbook the year you became a fan and hasn't added to it since.

17 minutes ago, osiruz said:

And those were like 1 deep throw per quater season lol. Sorry you can't convince me, I've seen a lot of titans and old falcons games. The guy drew his playbook the year you became a fan and hasn't added to it since.

He literally has 3 routes in his entire offense. The Falcons madden playbook is more complex and useful.

Osiruz likes this

Mularkeys offense is so bad, i could literally print screen and print out on ****** 8.5 x 11 paper the screenshots of the Falcons madden playbook, get hired and do a better job than mularkey.

**** make me game management coach too, I've won 80 superbowls and know how timeouts work.

Osiruz likes this

20 hours ago, Dirtytrollbird said:

Is that legal lol. Just wondering? I thought Gary Kubiak was retired for a second? How could the Broncos still have a hold on him?... Just wow smh.. yeah why didn't we block other teams from interviewing Kyle Shanahan?

If other teams had wanted to interview Shanahan to be their OC, we would have blocked it. You can't block other teams for interviewing a coordinator for their head coaching position. Broncos couldn't block Kubiak from interviewing for a current head coaching vacancy, but they can block anything less than that. 

10 minutes ago, Expert Poster said:

If other teams had wanted to interview Shanahan to be their OC, we would have blocked it. You can't block other teams for interviewing a coordinator for their head coaching position. Broncos couldn't block Kubiak from interviewing for a current head coaching vacancy, but they can block anything less than that. 

Oh okay.. Didn't know that. But still, he wasn't even coaching this season... ??? So isn't he not tied to any teams?

10 minutes ago, Expert Poster said:

Kubiak worked from his home in Texas last year.  Not sure how that warrants being blockable

1 minute ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Kubiak worked from his home in Texas last year.  Not sure how that warrants being blockable

In my opinion i just think it's just some old hating bullcrap going on that has notbing to do with none of the above...

I don't think Kubiak wants to come here

1 minute ago, Falconsin2012 said:

He's still employed by them in a personnel role, so other teams need permission from the Broncos. Everything the Broncos are doing is by the book. I'm sure if he really wanted out of Denver he would have resigned or at least made that point clear to Elway. It's not like he's being forced to work for them.