Falcons Fan MVP

Is there any chance Gary Kubiak can still come here with Elway blocking us?

67 posts in this topic

I'm so upset. If that's how it is maybe we should have blocked people from interviewing Shanahan. Why is John Elway blocking us from interviewing Kubiak? What's he afraid of? Is there any chance Gary Kubiak will get angry and walk out on the Broncos? Gary Kubiak should have some say on his future. If we can't get Kubiak we probably should have just kept Sark. What do you guys think Kubiak is thinking?

Doubt it. Can’t offer him much if you can’t meet him to see if he is the guy. Despite his past success, you still need to interview to see if he fits.

the other thing, is I don’t recall Kubiak saying he was interested in coaching in ATL

Since1990 and JDaveG like this

I doubt they are holding him hostage. I expect if Kubiak really wants to go somewhere else, they would let him explore.

I'm just guessing, but he has spent much of his professional career in Denver and that's probably where he wants to be if given the opportunity to do so.

No, Kubiak had to allow Elway to block him.. Its kinda a out move for Kubiak to save face.. Kubiak obviously dosnt want the oc job for the Falcons 

Osiruz likes this

1 minute ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

No, Kubiak had to allow Elway to block him.. Its kinda a out move for Kubiak to save face.. Kubiak obviously dosnt want the oc job for the Falcons 

Oh okay. He just doesn't want to bother with it. We midas well bring back Sark. All the other coordinators seem mediocre. At least Sark knows the players and scheme 

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

30 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I'm so upset. If that's how it is maybe we should have blocked people from interviewing Shanahan. Why is John Elway blocking us from interviewing Kubiak? What's he afraid of? Is there any chance Gary Kubiak will get angry and walk out on the Broncos? Gary Kubiak should have some say on his future. If we can't get Kubiak we probably should have just kept Sark. What do you guys think Kubiak is thinking?

Kubiak is happy where he's at..think of it like this.. If Quinn bombs next season and is fired by Blank where does that leave Kubiak? He dosnt want a head coach position and if Quinns out whoever our next HC is will probably want his own personal.. Kubiak is secure in Denver. I don't blame him 

3 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Oh okay. He just doesn't want to bother with it. We midas well bring back Sark. All the other coordinators seem mediocre. At least Sark knows the players and scheme 

We'll probably get a upgrade from Sark as long as it's not Bevell or Koetter.. Time will tell 

They are going to coax him into being their HC and it will backfire miserably. It's best for the Falcons to just steer clear of what will become a big mess in Denver.

papachaz and Vandy like this

8 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I dont believe this. Kubiak is man enough to decline an interview without Elways helps. You block interviews when you want to keep coaches for yourself.

Just now, me4falcons said:

I dont believe this. Kubiak is man enough to decline an interview without Elways helps. You block interviews when you want to keep coaches for yourself.

Read my other post, too many unknowns if Quinn fails next season and is let go. Kubiak is secure in Denver 

2 minutes ago, me4falcons said:

Correct. And the opposite usually happens if there is a conflict - the coach says “I won’t coach for you if you block me” and the team eventually relents. 

But I wasn’t really expecting Kubiak here anyway. 

1 minute ago, JDaveG said:

Correct. And the opposite usually happens if there is a conflict - the coach says “I won’t coach for you if you block me” and the team eventually relents. 

So you're saying Kubiak wants the job in Atlanta and Elway is actually stopping him? Total BS

Posted (edited)

27 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

There is No way in h3ll this would happen. If Sark was the guy Quinn would have kept him.

Edited by me4falcons

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

So you're saying Kubiak wants the job in Atlanta and Elway is actually stopping him? Total BS

Im simply saying is Elway wants to keep him and what come out of this is on them.

Edited by me4falcons
JDaveG likes this

1 minute ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

No. I’m saying IF Kubiak wants the job here, he’ll let Elway know that and eventually we’ll get to interview him. 

Look at what happened when Kubiak left Baltimore. Or for that matter when Kyle plundered our assistants. 

The point is Kubiak has nothing to do with the team blocking us from interviewing him. He can decline interviews on his own. 

Just now, JDaveG said:

No. I’m saying IF Kubiak wants the job here, he’ll let Elway know that and eventually we’ll get to interview him. 

Look at what happened when Kubiak left Baltimore. Or for that matter when Kyle plundered our assistants. 

The point is Kubiak has nothing to do with the team blocking us from interviewing him. He can decline interviews on his own. 

Well said.

Just now, JDaveG said:

Gotcha, yeah it's clear Kubiak is happy and secure in Denver.. Everyone should move on from that dream

papachaz and JDaveG like this

4 minutes ago, me4falcons said:

There is No way in h3ll this would happen. It Sark was the guy Quinn would have kept him.

I just hope we get a really good coordinator in here that fits our scheme and culture.