Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EZfalcons

Leonard Williams?

63 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

Exactly why the Falcons need to hold onto their best DL player at all costs....... . .. .. . .... . ...

If Grady actually made the players around him better then I could get behind paying him that type of money. He doesn’t do that. Y’all overrate him severely here

JeffAtl, SpongeDad, slick0ne and 1 other like this

39 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

If Grady actually made the players around him better then I could get behind paying him that type of money. He doesn’t do that. Y’all overrate him severely here

Grady producing despite being the only threat on the DL is more important to me. Not his fault McClain and Senat couldn't take advantage of not being doubled.

Vandy likes this

3 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

Grady producing despite being the only threat on the DL is more important to me. Not his fault McClain and Senat couldn't take advantage of not being doubled.

Again, if he made the guys around him better, that alone would justify that type of money. He doesn’t do that. 

50 minutes ago, slick0ne said:

We definitely need to get bigger and stronger with more push to stonewall the run. Gap shooting to make a play looks great, but it dosen't happen often. 

Indeed, which is why we need a 330 LB moster, rather than another one of the smaller 3-techs that half the board is clamoring for.

ya_boi_j and slick0ne like this

19 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Again, if he made the guys around him better, that alone would justify that type of money. He doesn’t do that. 

Again, I just think that is dumb

With Grady's contract I can't see us trading for Leonard Williams. Grady needs a big DT next to him anyway that will take up double teams 

14 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

Again, I just think that is dumb

4 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Paying him that type of money is dumb

Alright let's just settle this.

Give me the money and we'll be all good.............

.......until gameday.

Falcanuck and ya_boi_j like this

4 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Alright let's just settle this.

Give me the money and we'll be all good.............

.......until gameday.

As long as I get 1/4 of it I’m down with that idea. You deserve it

DawnOfThemBirds likes this

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

As long as I get 1/4 of it I’m down with that idea. You deserve it

You know I gotchu homie

Let's show Albert Haynesworth how it's really done.

Keep the hustle game strong.

ya_boi_j likes this

20 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Paying him that type of money is dumb

If it was up to this board we would literally let everybody who's in line for a pay day walk. 

Stryka likes this

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Well to be fair....Donald does not do that either......as great of a player as he is the rams have a terrible defense

Ergo Proxy and youngbloodz like this

4 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Well to be fair....Donald does not do that either......as great of a player as he is the rams have a terrible defense

True. 

48 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

With Grady's contract I can't see us trading for Leonard Williams. Grady needs a big DT next to him anyway that will take up double teams 

Why do people think Jarrett needs a big DT next to him.

Thats got to be the biggest falllacy I’ve heard.He can have that big body next too him but if the other big DT can’t  penetrate why would the other team bother to double him they would just double Jarrett.

What Jarrett needs is another guy just like him so it’s a pick your poison inside that’s what he really needs someone to take attention off of him and the reason why Senat is a key piece in this puzzle going foward.

Dutty Ole Bird likes this

Just now, youngbloodz said:

True. 

And I don't say That as a knock on Donald.....far from it.

Some of the best defenders have played on some crappy defenses

youngbloodz likes this

4 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Why do people think Jarrett needs a big DT next to him.

Thats got to be the biggest falllacy I’ve heard.He can have that big body next too him but if the other big DT can’t  penetrate why would the other team bother to double him they would just double Jarrett.

What Jarrett needs is another guy just like him so it’s a pick your poison inside that’s what he really needs someone to take attention off of him and the reason why Senat is a key piece in this puzzle going foward.

Well for one we need to get bigger and stronger up front. And it's my opinion that we need a bigger DT beside Grady that will help him get one on ones more. Nothing fallacy about that. It's an opinion. Someone like Dexter Lawrence would be awesome. 

oztin, Vandy and slick0ne like this

5 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

And I don't say That as a knock on Donald.....far from it.

Some of the best defenders have played on some crappy defenses

He is great no doubt. Football is the ultimate team sport. Unless it's a QB, one player isn't going to transform your team imo

Vandy likes this

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Ppl don’t want to hear it but this is very very very true. Still a nice player and an excellent piece to the puzzle 

ya_boi_j likes this

Just now, youngbloodz said:

He is great no doubt. Football is the ultimate team sport. Unless it's a QB, one player isn't going to transform your team imo

Yup...it is one reason why I gravitated to it does much as opposed to other sports....well that and I was actually good at it.

when it comes to basketball i am the whitest guy on the planet!

youngbloodz likes this

1 hour ago, youngbloodz said:

Well for one we need to get bigger and stronger up front. And it's my opinion that we need a bigger DT beside Grady that will help him get one on ones more. Nothing fallacy about that. It's an opinion. Someone like Dexter Lawrence would be awesome. 

I think the idea I was trying to get across regardless of size if he can’t penetrate in this system we use he’d be rendered useless.

Size has its place but I think the ability to get in the backfield and create disruption is more important and here in lies the quandary.

I think I’d take the guy who has more fight like they say it’s not the size of the dog it’s the fight in him.

youngbloodz likes this

3 hours ago, RubberDucky said:

Indeed, which is why we need a 330 LB moster, rather than another one of the smaller 3-techs that half the board is clamoring for.

Agree. 

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

^This. Rams run D is one of the worst. And fact is in the NFL everyone must do their job. I'm sick of myths.

If anything why is VB presently the 4th highest paid Falcon toward 2019 cap? lol

Both he and Williams are on their potential 5th year option on rookie contract. Williams doesn't cost much more, but I doubt we keep VB at his near $13M. Gotta get that lower and free up cap for getting FA done to set up our draft well. Either VB is back cheaper or gone. I'd love to see us go for a McCoy rental and focus on OL round 1; on top of a FA OL pickup.

Grady is our centerpiece inside on D. One of the best run defending 3Ts in the league; plays some NT but not much, and we just need to improve the overall front 7. Part of the solution may be Senat and replacing McClain's sorry play with a better veteran rather than another rookie pass rush 3T as another poster highlighted.

We don't need much more inside compared to our severe lack of DE impact at the level of other teams. 1 player may be all we need to the rotation. DE has 2 big questions at minimum between VB and Irvin. 1 gap system needs proper keys and tackling as a unit. Do your job. Grady isn't a 2-gapper letting another guy go clean. Change our D system or base D if that's the concern. Poe helped in 2017 but we weren't going to pay him like the Panther's structured his contract to backload it. We know we had big contracts coming due and needed flexibility.

Having Neal back helps when we need 8 in the box. Foye taking a step or bringing in another LB isn't a bad idea if you consider Debo/Vondre are going to be in their final years.

Run D issue isn't necessarily same personnel problem as pass D issue; as usually we are in separate packages of players.

Edited by Ergo Proxy

3 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

If it was up to this board we would literally let everybody who's in line for a pay day walk. 

Its the most ridiculous thing!! Then when we get guys for a bargain...its still too much. Freeman is getting paid half of what the top RB contract is and people lost their top about 8 mill a year. Julio is a top 5 player in this league regardless of position but people feel we overpaid and he isnt even the highest paid WR.  Omg it makes my head hurt. Grady deserves market value. Trufant deserved market value at the time. Ryan deserved market value. Get a grip guys.

Ergo Proxy and Vandy like this

@Stryka Me thinks most fans don't even look at roster construction; let alone understand it. Not surprising when individual player contracts are essentially basic math.manning.jpg.95116eea079971511f64b60122c0c1ca.jpg

5 hours ago, RubberDucky said:

Said it during the season. Our Run Defense got statistically worse when Jarrett returned. Could have been quality of opponents, but Jarrett returning to the startling lineup did not transform the front 4 like many assumed it would.

That’s not on Jarrett that’s on the unit not playing as a unit.

One player a unit doesn’t make.

Mclain was garbage Senat was still developing and our ends under performed.

This is the issue the unit as a whole just didn’t perform.

If anything Jarrett was a Lone Ranger up front.

Vandy and Ergo Proxy like this