Embrace the suck

92.9 fires moron talk show host

82 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, ♒Sn4tteRBoxXeR♒ said:

Your argument is that using the holocaust as a foil for front office personnel decisions is definitely appropriate. That's your argument.

That is not my argument, and if you read my original post. You would not even make such a ridiculous statement.

1. He didn't compare the firings to the holocaust.

2. The comparison was to 1 vile act that the Nazi's perpetrated, and even then not as it pertained to the Nazi's but to their victims.

3. It was moronic like most of Stan's "takes" over the last year, and I won't miss him on my radio. 

Were you listening in when he made his comments ? Or is your opinion based on what was "reported" ?

I'm sure he felt safe in using a Nazi analogy, as that term has been tossed around more in the last 2 years than in the previous 50.

The fact is he could have made the exact same analogy without ever throwing out the word Nazi or holocaust. So is it the word Nazi that's offensive ? If so I expect about 6 major news channels to lose audience and funding and 100's of reporters to be fired. 

He mentioned the holocaust in explaining he learned about this act when visiting the holocaust museum ? Is it the word holocaust that's offensive ?

This is why I said listen to what people are trying to say and not necessarily the words coming out of their mouths. It was a stupid and twisted analogy, but if taken in context there was no reason to be offended. 

1 hour ago, rcky_mtn_falcon said:

That is not my argument, and if you read my original post. You would not even make such a ridiculous statement.

1. He didn't compare the firings to the holocaust.

2. The comparison was to 1 vile act that the Nazi's perpetrated, and even then not as it pertained to the Nazi's but to their victims.

What you are doing here,^ this is sad

On 1/6/2019 at 6:39 PM, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

No man, but a joke is a joke. Why is it like impossible to have a sense of humor.. Did you even hear what was said? 

Anyone making light of this should please have the decency and courage to read to the end of this reply  

It was not a joke.  

Did you read what he actually said?

It was an analogy.   

A really horrible contrived misguided failure of an analogy.  

I appreciate that he was at a Holocaust memorial learned about this   I know he is not remotely antiemetic.

But if you are going to use something like this, it should be necessary and a perfect analogy.   

He felt described in disgusting graphic detail how human beings were tortured to death in order to explain something that’s happening to a football team.  And it doesn’t explain it at all.

Last summer I visited a synagogue in Prague.  It is now a Holocaust memorial.  The names of every Jewish Czech murdered is written on the walls.  

I have a very unique last name.  At least in America, if you’ve got it,  you are my family.   

In a wall in this Synagogue in Prague, along with hundreds of thousands of other names, was MY FAMILY NAME.  

I don’t need some radio hack using what might have been my ancestors tortured last moments on this earth to attempt (and fail) to make a football analogy.  

But I do need every single one of you making light of it to think very hard about what those moments were like and, most critically, I need you to go **** yourselves. 

As for Norfleet, ProTio; You know how it MIGHT be possible for White folks to use the N word appropriately but it is almost never worth the risk?   Same thing for Holocaust references.  You better be certain you are on solid ground and it still probably isn’t worth the risk.

On 1/7/2019 at 9:33 PM, ♒Sn4tteRBoxXeR♒ said:

What you are doing here,^ this is sad

I’m assuming this thread got moved by the mods.   

It is astounding.   

I swear to God, I’m now thinking WFW is one of the smart and decent ones.  

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

On 1/17/2019 at 0:37 AM, HolyMoses said:

I swear to God, I’m now thinking WFW is one of the smart and decent ones.  

Always appreciated even though we don't agree on most things some flattery is nice .