Embrace the suck

92.9 fires moron talk show host

82 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Since1990 said:

I was never a big fan of Norfleet! He was too "DRY" for me and hard to listen to.

Regardless, Come on y'all... Haven't we learned yet that all things "Nazi" are off limits!

I despise this over sensitive society we live in now. A man can't have a opinion or crack a joke without being fired for hurting one person's feelings.. I miss the good ol days.. Guy didn't mean no disrespect from what he said. 

g-dawg likes this

4 minutes ago, Road Warrior said:

My favorites are Dukes and Bell.  I like John Michaels also.  Hugh Douglas is all right too.  

Love Dukes and Bell. Best in Atlanta. Also like Kamla. Hugh can go. The rest too. Wish Arch had a Falcon show.

g-dawg and Road Warrior like this

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Love Dukes and Bell. Best in Atlanta. Also like Kamla. Hugh can go. The rest too. Wish Arch had a Falcon show.

The weakest crew is probably Hugh and Fricke.  Randy McMichael is good also, brings a lot of knowledge.  

g-dawg likes this

4 hours ago, dawgsjw said:

They should have fired Hugh Douglas instead.

I can think of so many crazy jokes and statements Hugh Douglas has gotten away with especially on his "Hughs World" segment yet he's stayed alive all this time.

I know a couple other 92.9 guys over the years who have said just as bad or worse and only got suspended for a short amount of time.

Stan Norfleet was treated wrong IMO with no mercy, but in this day & time and political world with everyone getting offended more easily now, I can see why Norfleet was fired immediately, and I hate to tell the truth, but Norfleet being a black guy with strong radical opinions didn't help at all.

DogIsYourName likes this

I can pretty much listen to anyone on 92.9....except that late night guy Dwayne walker.   He gets on my nerves...it's the only time I change the station....

1 hour ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I despise this over sensitive society we live in now. A man can't have a opinion or crack a joke without being fired for hurting one person's feelings.. I miss the good ol days.. Guy didn't mean no disrespect from what he said. 

Lol at this guy. I forget there are 32% of the pop that think like you still. Aww the good ol day of saying idiotic things and laughing about it.

HolyMoses likes this

3 minutes ago, Shagpill 2.0 said:

Lol at this guy. I forget there are 32% of the pop that think like you still. Aww the good ol day of saying idiotic things and laughing about it.

No man, but a joke is a joke. Why is it like impossible to have a sense of humor.. Did you even hear what was said? 

Just now, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

No man, but a joke is a joke. Why is it like impossible to have a sense of humor.. Did you even hear what was said? 

i heard it live and it was clearly effed up and he 'knew' he was treading in the wrong direction as he was saying it!! #Fact

HolyMoses likes this

Bound to happen when you spend all day wracking your brain for controversial 'hot takes' to make up for the lack of discussion material provided by the finished Falcons and Dogs, the horrible Hawks, and Braves still on vacation. Just got too close to the line, and we live in an outrage culture.

Side note: my buddies and I used to constantly prank the late, late night guys when they were still trying the 24/7 format. 

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

Just now, sanfranfalcon said:

i heard it live and it was clearly effed up and he 'knew' he was treading in the wrong direction as he was saying it!! #Fact

I get it probably wasn't the right thing to say, I'm just saying I don't believe he ment anything by it 

1 minute ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I get it probably wasn't the right thing to say, I'm just saying I don't believe he ment anything by it 

2 hours ago, sanfranfalcon said:

@929TheGame **** why u decide to start off 2019 with a suspension??!!! f**ked up analogy bruh...no matter what...

looks like he got more than a suspension!!!

that was my immediate reaction and tweet to 92.9!! thats how clear it was! no he knew and was bent on making the analogy!

58 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

I can think of so many crazy jokes and statements Hugh Douglas has gotten away with especially on his "Hughs World" segment yet he's stayed alive all this time.

I know a couple other 92.9 guys over the years who have said just as bad or worse and only got suspended for a short amount of time.

Stan Norfleet was treated wrong IMO with no mercy, but in this day & time and political world with everyone getting offended more easily now, I can see why Norfleet was fired immediately, and I hate to tell the truth, but Norfleet being a black guy with strong radical opinions didn't help at all.

I don't listen to them that often but when I do it is mostly the morning show.  And Hugh is obsessed with c*ck jokes.  Anytime something is said that Hugh can turn into some c*ck pun/innuendo/etc he does.  Its like all he can think of is c*ck so he so quick to point those references out, like that is the only thing he can think of.

3 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

CNN does cit like this every single day though. Smh.  

1 hour ago, osiruz said:

Lmao no they don't.

Absolutely they do. But when it's liberals coming up with the most ridiculous asinine comparisons against conservatives, anything goes. 

Agreed I seriously doubt he dresses up as a Nazi on the weekend while watching tape of atlanta sports and taking air-time notes. I'm not going to beat an obvious dead horse.

HolyMoses and ⚡Slumerican⚡ like this

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, fuego said:

Absolutely they do. But when it's liberals coming up with the most ridiculous asinine comparisons against conservatives, anything goes. 

Keep it football ya nerd

Edited by Shagpill 2.0
sanfranfalcon likes this

3 hours ago, RING OF HONOR said:

I can pretty much listen to anyone on 92.9....except that late night guy Dwayne walker.   He gets on my nerves...it's the only time I change the station....

If you can listen to Hugh & Fricke you must have gone through Navy Seal training and passed.

I wash out within 30 seconds with those guys - no knowledge, think they are funny and topics and interviews are dumb.  Fricke is especially non-talented.

How Fricke still has a job? My guess is he has pictures of station owner in compromising positions with small farm animals.

RING OF HONOR likes this

53 minutes ago, fuego said:

Please don't be ridiculous, give me one example.

HolyMoses likes this

24 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

If you can listen to Hugh & Fricke you must have gone through Navy Seal training and passed.

I wash out within 30 seconds with those guys - no knowledge, think they are funny and topics and interviews are dumb.  Fricke is especially non-talented.

How Fricke still has a job? My guess is he has pix of station owner in compromising positions with small farm animals.

Lol....they are annoying too....

But that Walker dude spends too much **** time talking about his daughter.....I don't listen to sports radio to hear about his kids....lol

7 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Lol....they are annoying too....

But that Walker dude spends too much **** time talking about his daughter.....I don't listen to sports radio to hear about his kids....lol

It couldn’t be worse than that Fricke ****