Jump to content

FA Priority: Quinton Spain


Recommended Posts

I would love it if we sign this man to take Levitre’s spot.  If we are looking for a quality veteran at a good price, he is a great option.  It would solidify the left side of our line and leave us with a single glaring need: RT.  You don’t want to start 2 rookies along the OL, so it makes sense to have something like:

LT: Jake Matthews

LG: Quinton Spain

C: Alex Mack

RG: Fusco

RT: address with 2nd round pick

Edited by Falconsin2012
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I would love it if we sign this man to take Levitre’s spot.  If we are looking for a quality veteran at a good price, he is a great option.  It would solidify the left side of our line and leave us with a single glaring need: RT.  You don’t want to start 2 rookies along the OL, so it makes sense to have something like:

LT: Jake Matthews

LG: Quinton Spain

C: Alex Mack

RG: Fusco

RT: address with 2nd round pick

Well you already know LG - Quinton Spain is in the first edition of my offseason plan along with RT - Bobby Massie and NT - Malcom Brown. I'd free up the cap space and go hard for em. They are young established vets that could come in and clean up the mess on day one and allow us to go BPA in the draft. TEN, CHI and NE will likely try to hold onto em though. Spain is more of a mauler but nimble enough to get to the edge and the second level. Here's some of their college tape:

LG - Quinton Spain - West Virginia - 6'4" - 330lbs - 27 years old

RT - Bobby Massie - Mississippi - 6'6" - 317lbs - 29 years old

NT - Malcom Brown - Texas - 6'2" - 320lbs - 24 years old

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

He is, but more expensive.  Can’t have another $10,000,000/annual contract on the OL.  Spain’s injury this year effected his play which would allow us to get him at a reasonable price

Levitre's 7mil is gone. Could cut Fusco for 3mil more. There's your 10mil.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

Levitre's 7mil is gone. Could cut Fusco for 3mil more. There's your 10mil.

You could.  But the OL can’t have $40,000,000 in CAP again this year.  We need to pay our defense.  And I don’t fancy starting 2 rookies on the line.  I’d keep Fusco, draft RT and get a Spain-esque in FA for LG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, trubirdfan4life said:

1st round tackle

2nd round guard

this fixes the offense.

the defense won't be fixed with this draft. it will be better though.

let's get back to scoring 28+ points per game and have a defense ranking 10th to 15th. we need to invest in the Oline heavily. 

The odds of having immediate success with 2 rookies starting on the line are minimal.  Quinton Nelson isn’t in this draft.  Usually takes 2 years for the light to come on with rookie lineman

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

Levitre's 7mil is gone. Could cut Fusco for 3mil more. There's your 10mil.

Only Levite’s isn’t new money. I do think we may have enough cap space for 1 mid tier LOS move in FA and 1 higher end; not max contract FA obviously.

Cutting Alford or restructuring. Cut means $7.9M in space. Cutting Reed is $4.5M.

Bradley (Beasley I’m leaving the autocorrect ROFL) can not have $13M as Today projects. #NotWorth

Schraeder’s contract makes more sense to restructure or cut being viable if post 6/1 designation. That doesn’t help early FA and we’d have to hope later 6/1 cuts are still around.

I do think UFA OG is less likely to destroy our cap space than OT. Same goes for true DT than DE.

Get McCoy on a rental with a SB shot to end his career and upgrade one OG spot.

Then, OL/DL in rounds 1 and 2. Possibly trading up into high 2nd for a falling player that is still on our board.

Edited by Ergo Proxy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, vel said:

Makes no sense. Who's the Titans OC? Matt Lafleur. If he's not a fit in his offense, is he a fit in Atlanta? 

I guess it depends on our new direction on the OL if we employ and install further scheme adjustments. Quinn says we are keeping zone but with scheme adjustments; so if power comes around in some form??

Otherwise, our right side OL is far more an issue. Even Wes started looking okay between Mack and Matthews. Just need 1 hidden OL liability as worst case. I see 2 major OL moves. Hard to see 3 capital expenses for the OL specifically that warrant day 1 starting without winning job in offseason.

That means more than likely an in-house player at one OG spot to start the season; unless beaten. Conversely, it may mean 2 new OGs and current OGs are only depth; while Ty is RT.

Hard time seeing 2 rookie OL and a priority FA OL.

Edited by Ergo Proxy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Well you already know LG - Quinton Spain is in the first edition of my offseason plan along with RT - Bobby Massie and NT - Malcom Brown. I'd free up the cap space and go hard for em. They are young established vets that could come in and clean up the mess on day one and allow us to go BPA in the draft. TEN, CHI and NE will likely try to hold onto em though. Spain is more of a mauler but nimble enough to get to the edge and the second level. Here's some of their college tape:

LG - Quinton Spain - West Virginia - 6'4" - 330lbs - 27 years old

RT - Bobby Massie - Mississippi - 6'6" - 317lbs - 29 years old

NT - Malcom Brown - Texas - 6'2" - 320lbs - 24 years old

 

If the Pats let Brown get away, Belichik is a moron. And I doubt that is the case

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

The odds of having immediate success with 2 rookies starting on the line are minimal.  Quinton Nelson isn’t in this draft.  Usually takes 2 years for the light to come on with rookie lineman

I’d take my chances with that OU right side.

Theyve played together for 2-3 years already and no one another well.Thats half the battle for these new line man getting up to speed and developing a combination.If you drafted these 2 your halfway there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

You could.  But the OL can’t have $40,000,000 in CAP again this year.  We need to pay our defense.  And I don’t fancy starting 2 rookies on the line.  I’d keep Fusco, draft RT and get a Spain-esque in FA for LG

Shraeder will get June 1st cut as well. Could keep Fusco instead. And protecting Ryan is incredibly important, I'd be just fine with spending whatever it takes. Could re-sign Ty to play RT while a rookie develops.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Only Levite’s isn’t new money. I do think we may have enough cap space for 1 mid tier LOS move in FA and 1 higher end; not max contract FA obviously.

Cutting Alford or restructuring. Cut means $7.9M in space. Cutting Reed is $4.5M.

Bradley (Beasley I’m leaving the autocorrect ROFL) can not have $13M as Today projects. #NotWorth

Schraeder’s contract makes more sense to restructure or cut being viable if post 6/1 designation. That doesn’t help early FA and we’d have to hope later 6/1 cuts are still around.

I do think UFA OG is less likely to destroy our cap space than OT. Same goes for true DT than DE.

Get McCoy on a rental with a SB shot to end his career and upgrade one OG spot.

Then, OL/DL in rounds 1 and 2. Possibly trading up into high 2nd for a falling player that is still on our board.

Right. All of those cuts I would do as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...