Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Osiruz

Broncos decline falcons interview request

111 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, ShadyRef said:

Wow. That's such a huge endorsement of him compared to what I've heard from my few Seahawks fans. What makes you believe that? 

Because when he has a decent OL, capable QB and good receivers, his offense is dynamic. Here are his teams offensive DVOA when the following criteria are met.  You’ll notice the Shannahan-esque balance between rush and pass offense.  Sark ran 35% of the time, Shanny 45%...Bevell would return the balance and in doing so improve our PA game 

2012 - 4th (4th pass, 1st rush)

2013 - 7th (8th pass, 7th rush)

2014 - 5th (10th pass, 1st rush)

2015 - 1st (2nd pass, 3rd rush)

ShadyRef and JDaveG like this

1 hour ago, youngbloodz said:

I wish if we have to settle for Bevell lol

Bevell might be alright. He has coached in 2 super bowls. I know he messed up but he can learn from that for sure. We better sign him before someone else does.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

4 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Bevell might be alright. He has coached in 2 super bowls. I know he messed up but he can learn from that for sure. We better sign him before someone else does.

The Seattle defense took them to those Super Bowls. We shall see though

4 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

43 points vs Denver. Bevells stats are similar to Kubiak.

Yes the defense was a huge reason for that. Cause a safety had 4 turnovers. 2 defensive TDs. You're proving my point for me sir

Evidently Kubiak is under contract with the Broncos. Which means they can block any permission to interview their employee until said contract expires. Exception for head coaching jobs. Falcons tried to block Mike Tice from moving when Quinn came in. They wound up letting him go a few days later. Tice let it be known that he would not be a happy employee.  If Kubiak really wanted out he could raise enough he!! to make it happen. 

Schwarzwald, ShadyRef and JDaveG like this

1 hour ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Don't believe it'll be any of the three, Quinns job is on the line.. He's not going to put his future in any of those 3 hands.. Imo Koetter is the only one with a shot, and it's a long shot.. Koetter can be consistent, but it really depends on how good Quinn makes our defense next season. We won't win shot outs with Koetter 

Dont know if it's a long shot. I mean look at the people we have interviewed. He is on a short list. Koetter can call plays and his playbook is clearly NFL caliber. Sprinkle in some wrinkles from shanny and Sark and we might have something. Koetter would be given an upgrade across the board in offense talent and he is super familiar with the NFC south. 

14 minutes ago, Since1990 said:

The world according to DOL...

My brain says "Lol don't listen to anything Bedwetter says"

My heart says "Please give us back that 2012 offense if we can't have 2016" 

1 hour ago, ShadyRef said:

I agree as long as he gets the defense playing top 5 or 10. Which I know he will. I'm not even worried about the defense next year now that he knows he has to take it over. 

The Cowboys were patient with Garrett. Now look at them.

2 minutes ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

My brain says "Lol don't listen to anything Bedwetter says"

My heart says "Please give us back that 2012 offense if we can't have 2016" 

We don't have Gonzalez anymore though.

32 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Yes the defense was a huge reason for that. Cause a safety had 4 turnovers. 2 defensive TDs. You're proving my point for me sir

Hopefully DQ can bring that defense here in 2019.

youngbloodz likes this

3 hours ago, vel said:

Based on the options they've reportedly looked at? Yes. Never understood the angst for Sark. He wasn't terrible. But we're talking about 2 Points Mularkey, Screen Happy Koetter, or Bland Bevell right now. All of those guys are immediate downgrades.

We’ll see.

Unfortunarely, Sark was a 1st time NFL caller and never got the fairest shake with the OLs/RB injuries we had progressively worse between seasons.

And? Our offense improved despite the worse personnel! In part because we got him “his guy” in Ridley. Used him well in spite of the rookie mistakes.

Sark could’ve stayed and we fixed the OL.

BUT that’s just a gut fan; read “limited”, perspective.

In the end, only those in house HOPEFULLY can “know” whether it was Sark’s Genius or Matt + WRs carrying the offense.

The other side is any stubbornness or level of blame he may or may not shoulder due to the run game issues.

One clear distinction with Kyle, even with a mediocre 2015 OL, was a run game focus.

Of course, missing Free and OL issues vs how he tried to address it is more he point, Have to all weigh all issues against there being consistent in game adjustments and realization of a vision to points and results. So, at times regardless of player execution was the right idea there? Sometimes the player fails and it’s a clear good idea. Not a captain hindsight but sober approach.

Otherwise just seems; at least, like a scape goat.

SO I’m really hoping Matt steps up and helps influence that we stay in attack AND Bevell respects him or whatever WCO OC that hopefully winds up here.

Just be bright, flexible, all about mentality while sane in the thinking. Creative vs delusional balance.

28 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

This was the time when folks were screaming, it’s a passing league and RBs were being phased out because we couldn’t run

Folks still screaming that :lol: 

I wonder how much of a pawn Koetter was to the ‘explosive’ love affair we were stuck in at the time, just because of his offenses in J-Ville. 

Knight of God likes this

1 hour ago, youngbloodz said:

Since 2012, Bevell offense’s have averaged 26 ppg in the playoffs

2012 Playoffs: 24 points & 30 points vs Atlanta

2013 Playoffs: 23 points, 23 points & 43 points in SB

2014 Playoffs: 31 points, 28 points & 24 points in SB

2016 Playoffs:  26 points & 20 points vs Atlanta

The lone playoff dud was 2015 where they beat Minnesota scoring just 10 points.  Followed that up with 24 points in a loss to a great Carolina defense.

3 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

2012 Playoffs: 24 points & 30 points vs Atlanta

2013 Playoffs: 23 points, 23 points & 43 points in SB

2014 Playoffs: 31 points, 28 points & 24 points in SB

2016 Playoffs:  26 points & 20 points vs Atlanta

Stats without context means nothing. The offense only scored 21 points against the Broncos in that Super Bowl. That's context 

1 minute ago, youngbloodz said:

Stats without context means nothing. The offense only scored 21 points against the Broncos in that Super Bowl. That's context 

I gave you 12 playoff games over 5 years.  26 ppg over those 12 games.

8 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Brett Favre thinks Bevell (his former OC in Minn) should be the Packers next Head Coach because of his offensive creativity:

“Ask Packers legend Brett Favre, however, and you'll get a more unorthodox suggestion.

Speaking with TMZ Sports this week, the Hall of Fame quarterback had three ideas for the team's impending head coaching vacancy: Former Seattle Seahawks offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell, Buffalo Bills offensive coordinator Brian Daboll ... and current Philadelphia Eagles head coach Doug Pederson.

"Now, I don't know if they can get him from Philly, or if he would even consider that," Favre said. "But there's another young guy who is very creative and has proven he can win the big one."

6 hours ago, Brewcrew said:

Yeah, maybe he told them he was fine if they blocked them.  Time to move on from that pipe dream then.

No problem. Hope we remember this and beat that az every time we play them for the next 25 years.

Brewcrew likes this

2 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Brett Favre thinks Bevell (his former OC in Minn) should be the Packers next Head Coach because of his offensive creativity:

“Ask Packers legend Brett Favre, however, and you'll get a more unorthodox suggestion.

Speaking with TMZ Sports this week, the Hall of Fame quarterback had three ideas for the team's impending head coaching vacancy: Former Seattle Seahawks offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell, Buffalo Bills offensive coordinator Brian Daboll ... and current Philadelphia Eagles head coach Doug Pederson.

"Now, I don't know if they can get him from Philly, or if he would even consider that," Favre said. "But there's another young guy who is very creative and has proven he can win the big one."

Lol ok

11 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Lol ok

Favre has been pimping Bevell for years...LOL. Remember that Bevell was Favre’s QB coach during the glory years.

Darrell Bevell "is a heckuva football coach."--Brett Favre on #Rams HC vacancy on NFL Radio.

“Currently, Bevell is stationed in Seattle but Favre knows Bevell well from his time as assistant quarterback coach (2000-2002) and eventually quarterback coach (2003-2005) with the Green Bay Packers during the prime of Favre's career. The suggestion certainly will have the backing of the #FireBevell movement which game in and game out seem vibrant on Twitter no matter the results of the game.

1 minute ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Favre has been pimping Bevell for years...LOL. Remember that Bevell was Favre’s QB coach during the glory years.

Darrell Bevell "is a heckuva football coach."--Brett Favre on #Rams HC vacancy on NFL Radio.

“Currently, Bevell is stationed in Seattle but Favre knows Bevell well from his time as assistant quarterback coach (2000-2002) and eventually quarterback coach (2003-2005) with the Green Bay Packers during the prime of Favre's career. The suggestion certainly will have the backing of the #FireBevell movement which game in and game out seem vibrant on Twitter no matter the results of the game.

Favre was a great player. But I disagree with him on this. But he knows better than me