Dutty Ole Bird

Broncos decline falcons interview request

111 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, osiruz said:

I don't think it will, guy has built the best falcons roster ever. He knows what he is doing..I think he's got a least 2 seasons. I could see us getting Bevell and making the post season anyway, this team is a solid run game from being a contender. Can't really make a dent if the run game is a joke. Cowboys, bears, saints, chargers, colts, and chiefs are all teams that run it well and impose their will on you. Same for the Pats.

Need a run defense too. The teams you listed above can run over us. NT position is shaky with Senat and Grady.

53 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

If anyone wants Bevell they obviously never watched his offenses in Seattle. Dude is the definition of predictable. Definitely would prefer Koetter over Bevell 

I don’t necessarily want him but all signs are pointing in that direction.

53 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Look at this clip. Looks like the whole offensive line went to the ground...:lol:

Image result for atlanta falcons red zone problems gif

The shortest distance between two points is a straight line. That would have been about five yards on a dive. We tried to run a 30 yard jet sweep. I believe that was Sark. Shame, shame, shame.

6 minutes ago, Cole World said:

I don’t necessarily want him but all signs are pointing in that direction.

Sadly that's true

1 hour ago, youngbloodz said:

If anyone wants Bevell they obviously never watched his offenses in Seattle. Dude is the definition of predictable. Definitely would prefer Koetter over Bevell 

Should we have just kept Sark?

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

The shortest distance between two points is a straight line. That would have been about five yards on a dive. We tried to run a 30 yard jet sweep. I believe that was Sark. Shame, shame, shame.

Or Sark had no confidence that the line could push the Eagles off the line...

Edited by slickgadawg
FalconFanSince1970 likes this

5 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Should we have just kept Sark?

Based on the options they've reportedly looked at? Yes. Never understood the angst for Sark. He wasn't terrible. But we're talking about 2 Points Mularkey, Screen Happy Koetter, or Bland Bevell right now. All of those guys are immediate downgrades.

11 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

If the choice was Sark or Bevell I'm keeping Sark. 

5 minutes ago, vel said:

Based on the options they've reportedly looked at? Yes. Never understood the angst for Sark. He wasn't terrible. But we're talking about 2 Points Mularkey, Screen Happy Koetter, or Bland Bevell right now. All of those guys are immediate downgrades.

Maybe we can call Sark back. For real.

youngbloodz likes this

23 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Maybe we can call Sark back. For real.

I wish if we have to settle for Bevell lol

55 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Need a run defense too. The teams you listed above can run over us. NT position is shaky with Senat and Grady.

That should be an easy fix, lots of good NT in this draft. My fave is Raekwon Davis.

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

38 minutes ago, vel said:

Don't believe it'll be any of the three, Quinns job is on the line.. He's not going to put his future in any of those 3 hands.. Imo Koetter is the only one with a shot, and it's a long shot.. Koetter can be consistent, but it really depends on how good Quinn makes our defense next season. We won't win shot outs with Koetter 

41 minutes ago, vel said:

If Bevell is the choice, people will be pleasantly surprised.  He is a very, very good coach who is more than qualified.

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

2 hours ago, osiruz said:

Gotta have balance, the offense is too lopsided. I think DQ is staying even of he screwed this up.

I agree as long as he gets the defense playing top 5 or 10. Which I know he will. I'm not even worried about the defense next year now that he knows he has to take it over. 

Dutty Ole Bird likes this

2 minutes ago, ShadyRef said:

I agree as long as he gets the defense playing top 5 or 10. Which I know he will. I'm not even worried about the defense next year now that he knows he has to take it over. 

And if we have a top 5 defense, the OC should have a pie job with our offensive talent and if quinns serious about fixing the oline.. But Quinn definitely put himself on the hot seat. Any OC must realize coming in it's a make or break job.. If Quinn is fired next season the new HC will probably bring in his own staff.. It's a gamble either way

ShadyRef likes this

31 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

If Bevell is the choice, people will be pleasantly surprised.  He is a very, very good coach who is more than qualified.

Wow. That's such a huge endorsement of him compared to what I've heard from my few Seahawks fans. What makes you believe that? 

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

5 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

And if we have a top 5 defense, the OC should have a pie job with our offensive talent and if quinns serious about fixing the oline.. But Quinn definitely put himself on the hot seat. Any OC must realize coming in it's a make or break job.. If Quinn is fired next season the new HC will probably bring in his own staff.. It's a gamble either way

To be honest, I don't get the feeling Quinn put himself on the hot seat. Heck with Arthur blanks patience, I don't think he views it that way either. The team shows they will play for Quinn till the end win or lose. Something you couldn't say about coach Smith.

Asides from 2015 (his transitional year), this is Quinn first losing season. He is evolving as a coach and has such a clear vision for his personnel and style of play that he now understands he is the only one that can make that side of the ball play the way he likes. That's all I took from it.

He is done helping his friends. He is taking over now. 

2 minutes ago, ShadyRef said:

To be honest, I don't get the feeling Quinn put himself on the hot seat. Heck with Arthur blanks patience, I don't think he views it that way either. The team shows they will play for Quinn till the end win or lose. Something you couldn't say about coach Smith.

Asides from 2015 (his transitional year), this is Quinn first losing season. He is evolving as a coach and has such a clear vision for his personnel and style of play that he now understands he is the only one that can make that side of the ball play the way he likes. That's all I took from it.

He is done helping his friends. He is taking over now. 

True, but imo really depends on how the defense performes next season.. Which I believe will be a top 5 defense. We shall see. But if our defense is as good as I believe it will be, the OC should have a easy job 

4 hours ago, FentayeJones said:

Quinn has said in multiple interviews this week that the offensive scheme isnt changing. He mentioned that Matt want to maintain the same system and that they scout and acquire players for this specific offensive system.

Which is basically OLINE specific. Quinn said he would scrap the line other than LT and C.

4 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

True, but imo really depends on how the defense performes next season.. Which I believe will be a top 5 defense. We shall see. But if our defense is as good as I believe it will be, the OC should have a easy job 

I would like to believe that but for some reason asides from Shanahan in 2016, we've not been able to find good coordinators that don't fizzle out during Ryan's tenure. 2017 defense was more than good enough, yet sark/Ryan couldn't put it in the end zone against philly to win the game.

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this