Embrace the suck

Broncos decline falcons interview request

111 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, atljbo said:

Dude he had health issues as the headcoacj.. the broncos and elway had his back. . Backed him as he had to step down and found a job for him.

Even if he wanted to leave.. if elway said I need you here.. Kubiak was staying ...

I'm pretty sure TD and coach quinn has moved on .. They tried but he is not leaving elway and the broncos

Exactly.

No stone un-turned and now we can shorten our list while checking it again.

Fix the OL! 

I am curious if Mularkey has any use here; even if not the next OC.

Might help Hoop improve. Maybe that’s one reason he visited last offseason.

Quinn did the same with Sark during Kyle’s last year. Just in the offseason with Kyle. Pretty sure Bevell was around during preseason I think or was it TC??

atljbo likes this

25 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

Quinn has said in multiple interviews this week that the offensive scheme isnt changing. He mentioned that Matt want to maintain the same system and that they scout and acquire players for this specific offensive system.

So Bevell unless unknown candidate or MM/Dirk become WCO proficient?

2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Exactly.

No stone un-turned and now we can shorten our list while checking it again.

Fix the OL! 

I am curious if Mularkey has any use here; even if not the next OC.

Might help Hoop improve. Maybe that’s one reason he visited last offseason.

Quinn did the same with Sark during Kyle’s last year. Just in the offseason with Kyle. Pretty sure Bevell was around during preseason I think or was it TC??

Bevell spent 3 weeks here in preseason what many believe interviewing for the qb coach position Knapp got.. That's one reason I don't see Bevell getting the oc position.. If Quinn chose Knapp over Bevell for qb coach, I doubt Bevell has a realistic shot at OC

5 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Bevell spent 3 weeks here in preseason what many believe interviewing for the qb coach position Knapp got.. That's one reason I don't see Bevell getting the oc position.. If Quinn chose Knapp over Bevell for qb coach, I doubt Bevell has a realistic shot at OC

That’s a narrow view.

There are specific skill sets to every SPECIFIC job.

Descriptions change. One just maybe was a better fit as QB coach; the rest is speculation he was really here for that or not.

JDaveG likes this

1 hour ago, Ergo Proxy said:

So Bevell unless unknown candidate or MM/Dirk become WCO proficient?

I think it could be Bevell, Koetter or someone else altogether - I prefer Bevell though.

Koetter has been calling plays in the NFL for a long time - he could probably adapt - besides Matt mentioned several times last season that the offense is a combination of what Mularky, Koetter and Shannahan ran. 

vel and Ergo Proxy like this

1 hour ago, octoslash said:

At first I said Koetter is getting the job, but my trick knee is telling me now it's going to be just another Quinn-Buddy, and they all know it. 

This Bevell dude had better produce, or Quinn's just going to look like a straight up dipsh*t. 

We'll at least make the playoffs in 2019. We'd be there now if it wasn't for injuries.

5 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

If it’s Koetter, AGAIN, I’ll probably not really watch to much. That guys whole style infuriates me. 

Seems like everybody forgets how predictable Koetter was when he was here.. And he absolutely was, the critisism was justified.. Idk, maybe his style of play calling has changed.. But I never cared for Koetter 

8 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

If it’s Koetter, AGAIN, I’ll probably not really watch to much. That guys whole style infuriates me. 

It's almost like.... they don't remember his time here after 2012.

OCs are starting to fall off the board. Lookin like Bevell if we're dead set on this sideways Zone BS. We need three OLinemen so we could easily change the blocking scheme and go with more of a power approach. That would suit Kutty or Mularkey. This OC thing is crucial. If Quinn screws it up he's gone. Believe it or not he might end up wishing he'd kept Sark.

Spts1 likes this

Im wondering really - trying to think last time an OC was fired then brought back later even under a diff HC, I know guys getting promoted leaving and then coming back after being fired, but this situation - if we do hire Koetter its going to create a bit of backlash from a portion of the fanbase/media.  Bevell also will.  

2 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

He was barely even an assistant last year.  How can they block it?

:lol:

4 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

OCs are starting to fall off the board. Lookin like Bevell if we're dead set on this sideways Zone BS. We need three OLinemen so we could easily change the blocking scheme and go with more of a power approach. That would suit Kutty or Mularkey. This OC thing is crucial. If Quinn screws it up he's gone. Believe it or not he might end up wishing he'd kept Sark.

I don't like it either. If you wanna be exotic just start TRAPPING folks and use lead fullbacks. That sideways chop blocking crap i do not like.  When its time to get PHYSICAL those teams usually fall apart...

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

9 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Gotta have balance, the offense is too lopsided. I think DQ is staying even of he screwed this up.

ShadyRef likes this

5 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

I don't like it either. If you wanna be exotic just start TRAPPING folks and use lead fullbacks. That sideways chop blocking crap i do not like.  When its time to get PHYSICAL those teams usually fall apart...

Falls apart on 3rd and 1. Crumbles inside the five yard line. Disappears against defenses like the ones we're watching this weekend.

Spts1 and ⚡Slumerican⚡ like this

3 minutes ago, osiruz said:

Gotta have balance, the offense is too lopsided. I think DQ is staying even of he screwed this up.

Not if he misses the playoffs or peters out in round one. I think that would do him in. 

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Falls apart on 3rd and 1. Crumbles inside the five yard line. Disappears against defenses like the ones we're watching this weekend.

It is harder to execute closer to goal line - the idea is u score before you get inside the 10 so its never an issue.

If anyone wants Bevell they obviously never watched his offenses in Seattle. Dude is the definition of predictable. Definitely would prefer Koetter over Bevell 

5 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Look at this clip. Looks like the whole offensive line went to the ground...:lol:

Image result for atlanta falcons red zone problems gif

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

36 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Not if he misses the playoffs or peters out in round one. I think that would do him in. 

I don't think it will, guy has built the best falcons roster ever. He knows what he is doing..I think he's got a least 2 seasons. I could see us getting Bevell and making the post season anyway, this team is a solid run game from being a contender. Can't really make a dent if the run game is a joke. Cowboys, bears, saints, chargers, colts, and chiefs are all teams that run it well and impose their will on you. Same for the Pats.

ShadyRef likes this