Osiruz

Broncos decline falcons interview request

111 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

He was barely even an assistant last year.  How can they block it?

Yeah, he was just a consultant.  From my understanding if we offer him a promotion they can’t block it.

But, if ESPN is saying it maybe there is something more to it.

I wonder how Kubiak feels about it.  It can often spoil relationships to try and block interviews.

8 minutes ago, Brewcrew said:

Yeah, he was just a consultant.  From my understanding if we offer him a promotion they can’t block it.

I wonder how Kubiak feels about it.  It can often spoil relationships to try and block interviews.

The article said Kubiak dosn't want to leave Denver. 

John McClain - beat writer from Houston who is still connected to him, last week said that Kubiak wants to stay in Denver.

Schwarzwald likes this

4 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

John McClain - beat writer from Houston who is still connected to him, last week said that Kubiak wants to stay in Denver.

Ive got to believe, Kubiak definitely wants to stay in Denver ;)

Lowndesfalc likes this

7 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

Yeah, maybe he told them he was fine if they blocked them.  Time to move on from that pipe dream then.

PokerSteve likes this

12 minutes ago, Brewcrew said:

Dude he had health issues as the headcoacj.. the broncos and elway had his back. . Backed him as he had to step down and found a job for him.

Even if he wanted to leave.. if elway said I need you here.. Kubiak was staying ...

I'm pretty sure TD and coach quinn has moved on .. They tried but he is not leaving elway and the broncos

Osiruz, Schwarzwald and 11=team like this

21 minutes ago, falconsfan4life3 said:

Well DQ needs to ask Kubiak who he'd recommend that has experience with his offense.  Guess we could always bring in Daddy Shanahan.  :D

Dirtybird3 likes this

May have been why they said they were waiting for the playoffs to be over. With hopes that the new Hc didn’t want to work with kubaik and we got a chance.

honestly I’m ready to move on. Go with koetter. I love the ZBS/WCO that kubiak/Shanahan run, it’s my favorite offense/scheme...but give Matt what he likes at this point. I think koetter would stay for more than 2-3 years too after a failed HC stint.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

At first I said Koetter is getting the job, but my trick knee is telling me now it's going to be just another Quinn-Buddy, and they all know it. 

This Bevell dude had better produce, or Quinn's just going to look like a straight up dipsh*t. 

Not too surprising. My guess is that he might be interested in Atlanta, but his loyalty is with Denver. He was Elways backup and has that relationship. Also, Denver was very supportive of him when he had health issues which is not typical in the NFL. It would be hard to turn your back on that.

atljbo likes this

Makes sense he wants to stay, Denver has a good climate and coaching can be bad for his heart. I would roll the dice on Bevell at this point. 

FalconsIn2012 likes this

19 minutes ago, bossFALCON™ said:

May have been why they said they were waiting for the playoffs to be over. With hopes that the new Hc didn’t want to work with kubaik and we got a chance.

honestly I’m ready to move on. Go with koetter. I love the ZBS/WCO that kubiak/Shanahan run, it’s my favorite offense/scheme...but give Matt what he likes at this point. I think koetter would stay for more than 2-3 years too after a failed HC stint.

Quinn has said in multiple interviews this week that the offensive scheme isnt changing. He mentioned that Matt want to maintain the same system and that they scout and acquire players for this specific offensive system.

Schwarzwald and DMT11 like this

We are sticking with outside zone, koetter, run inside of sorts , but again if he's brought in he is going to have to adapt, why they kept Knapp maybe, at this point ournoff is a blend of lots of things Matt likes but Quinn is dead set on running the ball with heavy does of outside zone. 

24 minutes ago, octoslash said:

At first I said Koetter is getting the job, but my trick knee is telling me now it's going to be just another Quinn-Buddy, and they all know it. 

This Bevell dude had better produce, or Quinn's just going to look like a straight up dipsh*t. while standing in the unemployment line

FIFY