MSalmon

Since the NFLis a copy cat league I hope we copy the Colts

187 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Vandy said:

I believe it’s been bad coaching more than bad talent. I know I’m in the minority here, but still believe VB should be a 10+ sack per year guy and Takk 8-10.

Completely agree!! I haven't given up on Vic yet.

kiwifalcon and Vandy like this

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Outside of picking a running back in the 2nd round I think this would be a homerun draft! I like it a lot. But I'd love to go with another lineman or linebacker with that 2nd round pick.

Which we could well do. I’m throwing spaghetti on the wall at the thought of snell simply because I think bevell will be OC. 

Vandy and Falconsfan567 like this

LJ Scott and Alex Barnes......two big RB's that deserve our attention.  

While I agree with the OP's philosophy, I don't think that we should use a second round pick on a  RB in this draft.  

Love the 1st and 3rd round picks.

No way on gods green earth should we be taking a RB in the 2nd though. DE, DT, CB, LB, **** pretty much any position on defense over RB.

Vandy and NeonDeion like this

2 hours ago, MSalmon said:

You see Cody Ford as a RT or G? Same with Deiter, is he a RT or G?

From what I have read, Cody Ford is supposed to have phenomenal athletic ability.  There have been criticisms of his technique, but he sounds like a guy I would start at RT and work on his footwork.  

Deiter sounds like a Guard (albeit a bit tall), though some writers believe he could succeed at RT.  

MSalmon and Vandy like this

30 minutes ago, etherdome said:

From what I have read, Cody Ford is supposed to have phenomenal athletic ability.  There have been criticisms of his technique, but he sounds like a guy I would start at RT and work on his footwork.  

Deiter sounds like a Guard (albeit a bit tall), though some writers believe he could succeed at RT.  

That’s what I’m reading. It’d be nice to fix that right side. Maybe find LG on roster or a FA because Matthews is so stout and Mack. 

Both are nasty btw

7 hours ago, MSalmon said:

You see Cody Ford as a RT or G? Same with Deiter, is he a RT or G?

For me right now what I see in Ford I’m not all the way there on him.

If it were between him and Jonah Williams I’d have the latter.

Ford has the aggressiveness but to me Williams has a lot better technique.

What position I’m not sure I’d have to watch more film.Ford reminds me of Greg Robinson big athletic and aggressive to boot.

If I were to get Samia with Ford I’d say RT for Ford and just continue with that college combination.

MSalmon likes this

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

For me right now what I see in Ford I’m not all the way there on him.

If it were between him and Jonah Williams I’d have the latter.

Ford has the aggressiveness but to me Williams has a lot better technique.

What position I’m not sure I’d have to watch more film.Ford reminds me of Greg Robinson big athletic and aggressive to boot.

If I were to get Samia with Ford I’d say RT for Ford and just continue with that college combination.

I don't know how much you have watched Ford,  but while he is big and athletic like Robinson the comparisons stop there. He's a far more sophisticated and technically better blocker than GROB was. He also has a better field situational awareness--Albeit, I agree that Williams has better technique. The one worry I sorta have with Ford is the crouch they use at Oklahoma. It's almost like they're standing up. In the pros, flexibility matters. It'll be interesting to see can he adjust. 

Jonah Williams is a Jake Matthews clone IMO and if he were there, I wouldn't blame the Falcons for grabbing him

11 hours ago, MSalmon said:

Which we could well do. I’m throwing spaghetti on the wall at the thought of snell simply because I think bevell will be OC. 

Your logic is sound and I get where you're coming from but when the lines and linebacker are still in such poor shape I just can't spend that high of a pick on a running back. We may just have to nurse RB in 2019 with Freeman, Ito and Hill and maybe another low rounder and then come back strong in 2020 with a running back after we've done our improvement to the line. I think we really need to focus on the line and I think getting a successor to Alex Mack is a must this year!!! His play slipped this year. Go back and watch his 1-on-1 matchups, he wasn't holding his own nearly as well this year as in years past. I think getting a guy that Mack can help groom is vital.

MSalmon likes this

On 1/6/2019 at 7:59 AM, MSalmon said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/04/26/indianapolis-colts-nfl-draft-picks-selections-grades

1. Quenton Nelson G

2. Darius Leonard Edge/LB

3. Braden Smith, RT

Indy then drafted LB and rbs. Sub in DTs for us. Granted Indy had 3 seconds, but the thought process is similar to what we could do. 

I’m guessing our OC is Bevell, and DQ and him will want a revamped OL and a bigger back in rotation. At this point if I had to mock is go:

rd 1. Cody Ford, Oklahoma. OT/G 6’5” 335

—I like him inside at G,but could be RT. That said shore up our Gs and Schraeder gets help. 

Rd. 2 Bennie Snell  RB Kentucky 5’11” 223

—Arm breaking runner with good hands. Nasty disposition. Very good in pass pro. Not the best receiver but good enough for check downs. Violent guy. Also don’t waste my time with grab UDFA rbs and plug and play. We have drafted rbs in rd 3 and 4 in recent years. Hill was a fifth rounder. But this guy is a stud

Rd 3. Michael Deiter, OG Wisconsin 6’6” 328

–skilled in outside zone and power blocking 

Rd 4 Joe Jackson, DE Miami 6’5” 260

—Speed, length and size. Not the most consistent player but on bad team. It takes to coaching could be a steal

Rd 5. . Demarcus Christmas, DT 6’4” 311 FL. State

—big run blocker, has some pass rush but hard to move out of his gap. He kinda reminds me of Brandon Mebane. 

Rd. 5 (comp) Isaiah Johnson cb, Houston 6’4” 202

–long strider, with great length and good ball skills.. Physical cb who’ll struggle in man, but could be a zone cb or even a FS. I see cb. Like Sherman he is a converted WR. Someone DQ can work with 

Rd. 6 Mecole Hardman WR/returner 5’9” 180 

—great return ability, limited as WR. Good gadget play guy. Could go up post combine as he should be blazing fast. But I still see him as a day 3 selection for us and a day one returner

Rd. 7  Corbin Kaufusi, DE/DT BYU 6’9” 290

–raw athletic player who has incredible length. Played basketball so is a good athlete. Needs refinement. Has frame to get bigger. Definitely could help in STs. But if sticks around could be a rotational guy. He’s also a guy I might consider converting to OT with his athleticism and length.

Too early to comment on UDFAs but this is my fav,Richie Worship 6’0 260 FB

Thoughts?

Great minds think alike, I started a thread in the Draft forum on Bennie Snell jr. He is going to be one hail of a powerback and I would love for us to draft him. My comparison to him would be a watered down turner.