MSalmon

Since the NFLis a copy cat league I hope we copy the Colts

187 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

No...not Falcons in the tattoo.  It’s a word.  It applies to her...but I tell myself it applies to the 2019 Falcons and she grants me my illusions. Anyone tell me the word? Cause I believe it applies to us next year

Victorious

39 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I like Snell, but wasn’t he ridden like Seabiscuit in Kentucky’s offense.  They used him like Lattimore if I’m remembering right.

3 years he had some 700 carries. Less than chubb. But nothing close to Deangelo Williams’ 900 plus carries back in the day 

FalconsIn2012 likes this

35 minutes ago, vel said:

If they keep Teco, I'll be mildly disappointed. His speed is unique, but after that there are plenty of RBs that can give you the same with more agility and physicality. 

I agree. 

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

I know it’s analytics, but the problem with analytics is you can outsmart yourself. Browns/Raiders/jags are all prime examples of that. 

With the right coach, If you keep playing hard trying to win every game, good things eventually come your way. 

I also know you’re on the fence with this. Again, I think DQ would not still be here if we had lost those last 3 games and gone 4-12. 

We’re in great position to fix what ails this team. 

I truly believe that as well. 

Vandy likes this

21 minutes ago, TheHeartless said:

We are not taking a RB in the 2nd when our D Line is still in a bad place

Elaborate

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

I want a guy with a mean streak. Give me Cody Ford.

I hear you Vandy I mean a few years back we could have gone that way with a Lewan or Robinson type pick both mean SoBs but went Matthews instead.

For me it’s such a trade off because of the position we are in.We want to run the football and we want to protect Ryan aswell as the best NFL speed rushers seemingly are lined up at LDE coming after passes alot now.

If I’m honest I’m not really fussed too much as long as we get one of those 2 guys mentioned.

Vandy likes this

13 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

Elaborate

We still lack a pass rush, why would we ignore the ability to add to the D Line in a draft that's strong with talent in an area we're lacking in? Won't speak on Takk yet, we see how Beasley has been, and Grady is our only star talent on the line.

Just now, TheHeartless said:

We still lack a pass rush, why would we ignore the ability to add to the D Line in a draft that's strong with talent in an area we're lacking in? Won't speak on Takk yet, we see how Beasley has been, and Grady is our only star talent on the line.

I don’t think we lack it,it’s our designated guys aren’t getting there enough.

The key to me and I’ve mentioned this in many a thread is Senat how they see his development and giving him more snaps.Also another thing is if they some how manage to snag a Gerald McCoy while locking up Jarrett long term then drafting a DT is as important.

Also I see coaching will add a bit more too.I don’t expect the run defense to be as poor as it was this year and I’m expecting more of an attacking mindset now DQ is running the defense.

raysnill1 and MSalmon like this

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

The key to me and I’ve mentioned this in many a thread is Senat how they see his development and giving him more snaps.Also another thing is if they some how manage to snag a Gerald McCoy while locking up Jarrett long term then drafting a DT is as important.

Also I see coaching will add a bit more too.I don’t expect the run defense to be as poor as it was this year and I’m expecting more of an attacking mindset now DQ is running the defense.

Beasley hasn't appeared to be the answer, and depending what they do with him we may need a replacement. I'd also argue that it'd be better to spend on the O Line vs a DT in Free Agency ultimately. I think some combination of OL/DL in the 1st and 2nd would be the smartest decision along with an OL from FA. If you want a RB that bad it's very possible to snag a solid guy in the 3rd, 4th, or even 5th.

We'd also have to address CB as well to keep in mind though if we do wind up cutting Alford.

kiwifalcon likes this

3 hours ago, vel said:

It's analytics. It's why Sashi got fired from Cleveland, but the reason why Cleveland is a very coveted destination for HC candidates. 

But you do that when you are at the bottom because you aren’t sacrificing Julio and Matt’s year’s etc.

What did they have to lose and how long? Draft is set up for the lowest orgs to get the most value.

Its only one part of the puzzle. Of course a higher pick is better than a lower pick but @Vandy‘s post about culture mattering.

We weren’t the Browns of past years this season. Only way we didn’t win was to not play Julio and Matt final 3 games.

No matter the choice we have to go 100% behind either. That’s probably the only way it would’ve been possible to lose in an honest way.

Vandy likes this

Jordan Reid

·

The #Colts

INDColts18.png
are projected to have $118M in cap space, 3 draft picks in the top-75, and their franchise QB is back to his pre-injury form. There’s a very bright future in Indianapolis.
vitaman likes this

Just now, TheHeartless said:

Beasley hasn't appeared to be the answer, and depending what they do with him we may need a replacement. I'd also argue that it'd be better to spend on the O Line vs a DT in Free Agency ultimately. I think some combination of OL/DL in the 1st and 2nd would be the smartest decision along with an OL from FA. If you want a RB that bad it's very possible to snag a solid guy in the 3rd, 4th, or even 5th.

We'd also have to address CB as well to keep in mind though if we do wind up cutting Alford.

Yeah man many possibilities.

Love bennie snell, reminds me of Michael Turner, but I think we resign and keep TC. I'm all Ford and getting another OL in 2nd or 3rd.

2 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

I hear you Vandy I mean a few years back we could have gone that way with a Lewan or Robinson type pick both mean SoBs but went Matthews instead.

For me it’s such a trade off because of the position we are in.We want to run the football and we want to protect Ryan aswell as the best NFL speed rushers seemingly are lined up at LDE coming after passes alot now.

If I’m honest I’m not really fussed too much as long as we get one of those 2 guys mentioned.

I’m with you Kiwi, I’d be happy with either guy.

we need to go big uglies 1st 3 rounds this upcoming draft. 

kiwifalcon likes this

3 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

I believe it’s been bad coaching more than bad talent. I know I’m in the minority here, but still believe VB should be a 10+ sack per year guy and Takk 8-10.

kiwifalcon and raysnill1 like this

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

I like it. I wouldn’t take a RB that high. I’d probably not take any of those skill players, but I like it

KOG gives praise to players, even if he doesn’t love them for the Falcons, but mention coaches and it’s usually a simple “NO”

Who do you want as OC for the Falcons?  You hated Sark from his time in Tuscaloosa, don’t want Koetter, blah on Bevell...in a perfect world, who ya got?

Knight of God likes this

I doubt that The Flacons will hope and rely on 2 hgihgly drafted rookies at boht OG sposts and RT.

They are getting a Guard in Free Agency.

They will probably release a starting CB, and use that money to pay Jarrett, and draft a CB at #14.

Sweitzer and Harlow will be back in camp.

3 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

KOG gives praise to players, even if he doesn’t love them for the Falcons, but mention coaches and it’s usually a simple “NO”

Who do you want as OC for the Falcons?  You hated Sark from his time in Tuscaloosa, don’t want Koetter, blah on Bevell...in a perfect world, who ya got?

I have been told we are waiting until ALL football is over. There are guys we’re looking at there. Keep your eyes open on the WCO Spread coaches

kiwifalcon and Ergo Proxy like this

22 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I have been told we are waiting until ALL football is over. There are guys we’re looking at there. Keep your eyes open on the WCO Spread coaches

That was my gut. WCO digging and being thorough. No more settling on Sark before right after the SB just because he was the plan in DQ's mind all along.

Being more responsible for the process itself this time. At least, it would seem that way. At least we didn't run for Bevell immediately I guess. Or Koetter, etc. but more like Bevell in the comparison to Sark's path to being hired here.

Knight of God likes this

41 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Chip Kelly got a job.

Knight of God likes this

13 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

You see Cody Ford as a RT or G? Same with Deiter, is he a RT or G?

Outside of picking a running back in the 2nd round I think this would be a homerun draft! I like it a lot. But I'd love to go with another lineman or linebacker with that 2nd round pick.

MSalmon likes this