MSalmon

Since the NFLis a copy cat league I hope we copy the Colts

187 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

Also means that very good DL talent likely to be available on Day 2.

That’s my thinking. The stud OL are going early and often. 

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Schraeder’s just 31, and he’s a guy who didn’t even play football in high school. So he’s not so ingrained at RT too where he can just play this one position. 

It’s not that unique to see an OT move to OG later in his career. With the right OL coach, it most certainly could be done.

I dong think it’s unreasonable to see that happen. Wasn’t Dahl 6’6”?

Vandy likes this

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

I think the reason being is alot have this as being one of the deepest dline classes to come out in awhile.Potentially there’s probably 5-6 guys that go top 12 picks.

I see that as an advantage for us as that will mean guys like Ford Little or Williams fall to where we pick.

Its a good thing.

I’m still mulling over Little. Lots of skills 

kiwifalcon likes this

2 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

I dong think it’s unreasonable to see that happen. Wasn’t Dahl 6’6”?

RS is 300 lbs.  At 6’7 he isn’t strong enough

vitaman likes this

11 minutes ago, vel said:

It's analytics. It's why Sashi got fired from Cleveland, but the reason why Cleveland is a very coveted destination for HC candidates. 

I know it’s analytics, but the problem with analytics is you can outsmart yourself. Browns/Raiders/jags are all prime examples of that. 

With the right coach, If you keep playing hard trying to win every game, good things eventually come your way. 

I also know you’re on the fence with this. Again, I think DQ would not still be here if we had lost those last 3 games and gone 4-12. 

We’re in great position to fix what ails this team. 

kiwifalcon, MSalmon and vel like this

1 minute ago, Falconsin2012 said:

RS is 300 lbs.  At 6’7 he isn’t strong enough

Dahl was 6’6” and played at maybe 310. It’s not unusual to see OL switch. Im not positive that Ryan can do it but I don’t think it’s impossible. Also, if they drafted Ford, they could simply move him inside and maybe Schraeder is fine. Two new Gs might improve his play a lot 

FalconsIn2012 likes this

4 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

I’m still mulling over Little. Lots of skills 

If I were picking tomorrow it’s the Jake Matthews play alike Jonah Williams he looks the safest and most boring but if you look at these guys.Williams technique is flawless he’s a real technician.Consistent and boring is what I see when I watch Williams he’s that good.

The only thing missing from him is a nasty streak him actually really finishing guys.

I know it’s analytics, but the problem with analytics is you can outsmart yourself. Browns/Raiders/jags are all prime examples of that. 

I also know you’re on the fence with this. Again, I think DQ would not still be here if we had lost those last 3 games and gone 4-12. 

We’re in great position to fix what ails this team. 

Oh definitely. It's one that can be argued forever. 

But I have no worries about them executing what needs to be done. This is not a roster devoid of talent. A few moves and we're back in business. Healthy is mostly luck and we didn't get it this year. 

kiwifalcon and Vandy like this

Just now, kiwifalcon said:

If I were picking tomorrow it’s the Jake Matthews play alike Jonah Williams he looks the safest and most boring but if you look at these guys.Williams technique is flawless he’s a real technician.Consistent and boring is what I see when I watch Williams he’s that good.

The only thing missing from him is a nasty streak him actually really finishing guys.

I want a guy with a mean streak. Give me Cody Ford.

5 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

Dahl was 6’6” and played at maybe 310. It’s not unusual to see OL switch. Im not positive that Ryan can do it but I don’t think it’s impossible. Also, if they drafted Ford, they could simply move him inside and maybe Schraeder is fine. Two new Gs might improve his play a lot 

2 inches shorter, 10 pounds heavier and a **** of a lot meaner.

vitaman likes this

7 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

2 inches shorter, 10 pounds heavier and a **** of a lot meaner.

My man, I think you’re underestimating Schraeder. To come from where he came from and had to overcome, he can make this transition if that’s what coaches want.   

Only thing I don’t know about is his health. He’s had a couple concussions, and played like he was in a fog last year. 

FalconsIn2012 likes this

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I think you’re underestimating Schraeder. To come from where he came from and had to overcome, he can make this transition if that’s what coaches want.   

Only thing I don’t know about is his health. He’s had a couple concussions, and played like he was in a fog last year. 

It’s just my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt.  But Schraeder ought to send Toilolo a portion of his game checks.  Toilolo was so good on the edge that it made RS’s job so much easier. So stupid to let him walk

Edited by Falconsin2012
Vandy and vitaman like this

3 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

It’s just my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt.  But Schraeder ought to send Toilolo a portion of his game checks.  Toilolo was so good on the edge that it made RS’s job so much easier.

Yeah, I know. JMO as well, more something I would be open to than pounding the table for us to do it. 

Agree also on Toilolo, he was a bigger loss than most of us thought....including me.

FTR, I greatly enjoy our debates, and how you keep it centered. Much respect.

Just now, Vandy said:

Yeah, I know. JMO as well, more something I would be open to than pounding the table for us to do it. 

FTR, I greatly enjoy our debates, and how you keep it centered. Much respect.

Always a pleasure with you, bud.  

OT: my wife has an internet crush on you.  She loves it when you get mad & lay down the law...LOL 

Vandy likes this

11 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Always a pleasure with you, bud.  

OT: my wife has an internet crush on you.  She loves it when you get mad & lay down the law...LOL 

LOL, Us old codgers are outchea.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

Us old codgers are outchea.

LOL...you are good people.

She got a tattoo in honor of the 2019 Falcons. It’s in my avatar...I hope she is right

Vandy likes this

3 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

LOL...you are good people.

She got a tattoo in honor of the 2019 Falcons. It’s in my avatar...I hope she is right

Your woman has a falcon tattoo? You're A lucky and blessed man, 2012. :ninja:

FalconsIn2012 likes this

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Your woman has a falcon tattoo? You're A lucky and blessed man, 2012. :ninja:

No...not Falcons in the tattoo.  It’s a word.  It applies to her...but I tell myself it applies to the 2019 Falcons and she grants me my illusions. Anyone tell me the word? Cause I believe it applies to us next year

Edited by Falconsin2012
Vandy likes this

33 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

It’s just my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt.  But Schraeder ought to send Toilolo a portion of his game checks.  Toilolo was so good on the edge that it made RS’s job so much easier. So stupid to let him walk

This is a very very valid point. Paulson wasn’t bad, but Toilio (or Groot) was like a third OT on field. But that said I like the idea of beefing our OL in draft and then use a guy like Wes as an eligible receiver to get more beef on field.

1 minute ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

The only way I take RB in the 2nd round is if he gives Alvin Kamara type production immediately and Coleman is gone.

I personally think Snell is a special back. Brings toughness and violence to the position and is great in pass pro. 

I really hope we let Teco walk 

4 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

I personally think Snell is a special back. Brings toughness and violence to the position and is great in pass pro. 

I like Snell, but wasn’t he ridden like Seabiscuit in Kentucky’s offense.  They used him like Lattimore if I’m remembering right.

vitaman likes this

8 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

If they keep Teco, I'll be mildly disappointed. His speed is unique, but after that there are plenty of RBs that can give you the same with more agility and physicality.