MSalmon

Since the NFLis a copy cat league I hope we copy the Colts

187 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, DMT11 said:

Yes colts prolly do pay him but they are going to have to start paying everyone as well, and I read last week somewhere that he may end up hitting free agency, justbig picture here, I'm not seeing this draft be that great for guard talent , I wish it was because I'm def sick of the oline problem ,  

It’s got good talent at the first, second and possibly third round level. It drops off quickly though. FA sucks this year for OL

Was thinking the same thing yesterday. Did y’all see that oline? Reminded me of Brady or brees. Ryan has had the benefit of blocking like that maybe 3 or 4 times...I’d say 08, 10, 12 maybe 16. You’d think we’d get it together. What’s do all of those teams have in common?

MSalmon and VTCrunkler like this

15 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Not a fan of Cody Ford in the 1st. Seems a bit high for me. Personally I want us to address the OL in FA. Massie and Williams/Spain would be far superior in my opinion. Add an OL in the 2nd if available and you’re ready to go. There aren’t really any top tier OL in this draft. Nelson was considered a generational type player. 

Teams with good o lines in these playoffs have invested high draft picks on OL.  If there is a player in FA we can get with an Andrew Whitworth type of impact, im all for it.  

This draft is deep at DL, so it make sense to pick high on the more limited resource (assuming he is worthy of the pick and isnt a reach).  I think OL has to take precedence over DL in this draft.  

MSalmon likes this

13 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Hate trade ups too but would definitely do it too in that situation 

I do too. But I’d get that one. As much as I hate trade ups, I wouldn’t be adverse to calling up the raiders and paying a future pick and third to move back in for Lawrence. Ford and Lawrence as first rounders. Still get a Deiter or Chris Lindstrom and that’s a strong draft. 

youngbloodz likes this

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

I see conflicting stuff on Jacobs.i think his combine dictated his spot. If he runs a 4.4 he’ll go earlier than third.

but I’d love him in third

Starting Monday he will climb.  IMO he is the top back in the draft.  Would not take him in the 2nd, but 3rd round, possibly.  4th round Id hack into TD’s phone and call the pick in for him

Edited by Falconsin2012
MSalmon and Marco102 like this

@MSalmon

If you draft Ford...he plays RT. Especially with the NFL trending towards having their best pass rushers coming from that side now. Love that pick. 

As far as a bruising runner I dont see the Falcons spending a second, but I,could get behind a cheap FA pickup like Legarette Blount. 

I do like your picks though.

Personally I hope to,see a Ford Lawrence combo at 1 and 2.,

Just now, VTCrunkler said:

Teams with good o lines in these playoffs have invested high draft picks on OL.  If there is a player in FA we can get with an Andrew Whitworth type of impact, im all for it.  

This draft is deep at DL, so it make sense to pick high on the more limited resource (assuming he is worthy of the pick and isnt a reach).  I think OL has to take precedence over DL in this draft.  

I think the same way. I think two of our first three picks might be OL. Now we could see a trade up back into first. Maybe a deal like maybe send Oakland our 2nd, third, fifth and a future pick to grab a falling Lawrence. But that would be a steep price. 

That means we have ford and Lawrence but better hit on our fourth and comp fifth on OL

20 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

I think Ryan would be excellent inside. He’s still got skills. Put dancing bear Cody next to him and it could be nasty. Deiter plays both G positions and RT in college. So he’s someone to keep eye on as RT

I dont know, Ryan is not build like a refrigerator.  Hes more vertical that lateral with his body type...i think hes really tall-6'6"

makes me wonder- is q. nelson on peds?  hes massive

2 minutes ago, Sui_Generis said:

@MSalmon

If you draft Ford...he plays RT. Especially with the NFL trending towards having their best pass rushers coming from that side now. Love that pick. 

As far as a bruising runner I dont see the Falcons spending a second, but I,could get behind a cheap FA pickup like Legarette Blount. 

I do like your picks though.

Personally I hope to,see a Ford Lawrence combo at 1 and 2.,

Good points, and I’m good with that. Ajayi is available. Murray is another. Lawrence could be a second rounder possibly 

I dont know, Ryan is not build like a refrigerator.  Hes more vertical that lateral with his body type...i think hes really tall-6'6"

makes me wonder- is q. nelson on peds?  hes massive

Possible. Nelson is just a rock lol

1 minute ago, MSalmon said:

I think the same way. I think two of our first three picks might be OL. Now we could see a trade up back into first. Maybe a deal like maybe send Oakland our 2nd, third, fifth and a future pick to grab a falling Lawrence. But that would be a steep price. 

That means we have ford and Lawrence but better hit on our fourth and comp fifth on OL

D. Lawrence?  I think we all want him,  but will the FO want him post ban?  

Remember all those Seattle guys on PEDs?  adderral?  

4 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Starting Monday he will climb.  IMO he is the top back in the draft.  Would not take him in the 2nd, but 3rd round, possibly.  4th round Id hack into TD’s phone and call the pick in for him

He’s talented. I mean Montgomery, Snell, Jacobs, Harris are the top four bigger backs. One could be there in third. Who knows until after combine

FalconsIn2012 likes this

D. Lawrence?  I think we all want him,  but will the FO want him post ban?  

Remember all those Seattle guys on PEDs?  adderral?  

Not sure. 

1 minute ago, MSalmon said:

Possible. Nelson is just a rock lol

i think that is indeed a solution to the ryan S problem.  and its worth a try to kick him inside...i like the thinking...

54 minutes ago, bossFALCON™ said:

Was thinking the same thing yesterday. Did y’all see that oline? Reminded me of Brady or brees. Ryan has had the benefit of blocking like that maybe 3 or 4 times...I’d say 08, 10, 12 maybe 16. You’d think we’d get it together. What’s do all of those teams have in common?

The saints vested n their OL in Peat, Rmazyk (spelling?), big trade for Unger. Belichik has always invested in OL and he wisely chose not to overpay Solder. And Wynn will be back next yea

@DMT11 I stand by my statement they have invested in their lines to include recent first rounder 

bossFALCON™ likes this

i think that is indeed a solution to the ryan S problem.  and its worth a try to kick him inside...i like the thinking...

His salary is big so he could just be a cut. 

27 minutes ago, DMT11 said:

Every player is aging, saffold is a good guard.  Every year we don't pick a top dt because we are not in this position to hardly ever do it,  we really need one true 2 gapper on this dline and watch everything fall into place.  The oline is also a higher risk for drafting, and they also take longer , I'm not saying don't draft one or even two but I think if your talking about adding two rookies to what we currently have without another vet on the line , being successful is a pipe dream, Quinton Nelson is not in this draft.  He made clowney look like a little ***** several times yesterday and he's a gaurd 

Saffold is 30 and has been inconsistent over his career. That said the rams are hurting in draft picks. As of now they have a first, 4th, 5th and sixth and a loaded offens and defense. I don’t see them letting saffold walk if he’s so good. 

14 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

His salary is big so he could just be a cut. 

To what do you attribute his dramatic fall in performance?

Posted (edited)

44 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

Cody will go in first. Bet. Maybe not us.

First you assume the FAs you proposed actually leave their teams. Second none of them are great. Williams had a major knee injury. Massive is aready talking to bears about return

yes, Nelson was, but still no reason to not add first round talent while we wait for “generational “ talent.watch ford play. He’s got skills

Most mocks have Ford going high 2nd round. The top tier OL is Jonah Williams who I think should be a middle 1st round player. He’ll get drafted higher than that but I think it’s a reach. Ford at 14 would be a reach in my opinion. This is a very weak OL class. 

I’m aware FA is dependent on what teams offer their respective players new contracts. It’s still first before the draft. You presume that Ford will be better than the aforementioned players in the NFL. Williams should heal fine from his injury but it’s never a guarantee (Same can be said for Allen). He can play either Guard or Tackle so he could be a valuable asset. Haven’t seen anything on the Bears negotiating with Massie. Can you link what you read?

Good thing about these players are that they don’t have to be “great”, they just have to be good. 

Edited by Sidecar Falcon
Marco102 and Ergo Proxy like this

5 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Most mocks have Ford going high 2nd round. The top tier OL is Jonah Williams who I think should be a middle 1st round player. He’ll get drafted higher than that but I think it’s a reach. Ford at 14 would be a reach in my opinion. This is a very weak OL class. 

I’m aware FA is dependent on what teams offer their respective players new contracts. It’s still first before the draft. You presume that Ford will be better than the aforementioned players in the NFL. Williams should he’s fine from his injury but it’s never a guarantee (Same can be said for Allen). He can play either Guard or Tackle so he could be a valuable asset. Haven’t seen anything on the Bears negotiating with Massie. Can you link what you read?

Good thing about these players are that they don’t have to be “great”, they just have to be good. 

Really? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2019-nfl-mock-draft-raiders-snag-quinnen-williams-three-quarterbacks-go-in-the-top-11/amp/

http://walterfootball.com/draft2019_1.ph

https://www.nfldraftgeek.com/2019-nfl-mock-draft/

that’s the first three from google. Note he’s not in second round

this is first google hut about massie

https://www.google.com/amp/s/bearswire.usatoday.com/2018/12/27/bobby-massie-chicago-bears-nfl-free-agency-right-tackle/amp/

yiuu really haven’t researched the folks you’re talking about have you? Have you really watched ford play?

6 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

I’m aware FA is dependent on what teams offer their respective players new contracts. It’s still first before the draft. You presume that Ford will be better than the aforementioned players in the NFL. Williams should he’s fine from his injury but it’s never a guarantee (Same can be said for Allen). He can play either Guard or Tackle so he could be a valuable asset. Haven’t seen anything on the Bears negotiating with Massie. Can you link what you read?

So if players on OL don’t have to be “great” they have to be good, then why change anything. Keep Wes starting. That is a silly answer. You propose overpaying in FA for a “good “player? Did you want Solder last year too?

9 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

I’m aware FA is dependent on what teams offer their respective players new contracts. It’s still first before the draft. You presume that Ford will be better than the aforementioned players in the NFL. Williams should heal fine from his injury but it’s never a guarantee (Same can be said for Allen). He can play either Guard or Tackle so he could be a valuable asset. Haven’t seen anything on the Bears negotiating with Massie. Can you link what you read?

@Vandy

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Actually this year's tackle class is considered better than last year's, not sure about guards , although last year was **** 

Also when did the saints start "investing" in thier oline , I KEEP HEARING THIS PLEASE STOP PEST WAS DRAFTED IN 2015. Unger and peat have been thier for awhile, they finally have a good line thyeve put together , only took 4 or 5 years , lol in promise your not waiting that long

Let's stick to the colts if we're talking about this

Edited by DMT11

5 minutes ago, DMT11 said:

Actually this year's tackle class is considered better than last year's, not sure about guards , although last year was **** 

Also when did the saints start "investing" in thier oline , I KEEP HEARING THIS PLEASE STOP PEST WAS DRAFTED IN 2015. Unger and peat have been thier for awhile, they finally have a good line thyeve put together , only took 4 or 5 years , lol in promise your not waiting that long

5 minutes ago, DMT11 said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Ramczyk

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_New_Orleans_Saints_season 4th round on OL

these picks despite having a very good OL. 

research dude