MSalmon

Since the NFLis a copy cat league I hope we copy the Colts

187 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

I could see Ford at G with Deiter and rolliing with Schraeder  Or I could see Schraeder move inside

Draft Ford for RT and move Ryan inside would be my move. Then trade up for Lawrence late Rd 1/early Rd 2. 

Find a solution to extend Beasley. 

Draft a RB in 2020 to replace free. 

Just now, TheDirtyWordII said:

I like Snell too, although not in Rd 2.  But one area the Falcons miscalculated their depth was RB.  Don’t think they wanted to give Ito tha5 much work his rookie year.

For FA a nice reclamation signing would be Jeff Allen.  Wouldn’t be cost prohibitive anymore...Pioli drafted him.  Seems the MB knows of him from previous offseasons.

If we signed Allen, I’d love that because hen Cody is RT, Deiter is RG. That’s not a bad look with Fusco and Wes as depth. Also that sandwiches the rookies with vets.

yeah, we have to reexamine our rbs. Too many scat backs. Who knows maybe Hill is something. But I’m not that optimistic 

youngbloodz likes this

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

Draft Ford for RT and move Ryan inside would be my move. 

I think Ryan would be excellent inside. He’s still got skills. Put dancing bear Cody next to him and it could be nasty. Deiter plays both G positions and RT in college. So he’s someone to keep eye on as RT

Vandy likes this

12 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

I would love Jacobs. Very tough runner too

Jacobs in fourth would be sweet. He might go early. I do live him as well

youngbloodz likes this

Not a fan of Cody Ford in the 1st. Seems a bit high for me. Personally I want us to address the OL in FA. Massie and Williams/Spain would be far superior in my opinion. Add an OL in the 2nd if available and you’re ready to go. There aren’t really any top tier OL in this draft. Nelson was considered a generational type player. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

4 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Draft Ford for RT and move Ryan inside would be my move. Then trade up for Lawrence late Rd 1/early Rd 2. 

I can’t see free and Ito as our smash mouth combo. That’s a non power running combo of scat backs. Heck, if shanny would throw us a second or third I’d ship free to him

3 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Not a fan of Cody Ford in the 1st. Seems a bit high for me. Personally I want us to address the OL in FA. Massie and Williams/Spain would be far superior in my opinion. Add an OL in the 2nd if available and you’re ready to go. There aren’t really any top tier OL in this draft. Nelson was considered a generational type player. 

Cody will go in first. Bet. Maybe not us.

First you assume the FAs you proposed actually leave their teams. Second none of them are great. Williams had a major knee injury. Massive is aready talking to bears about return

yes, Nelson was, but still no reason to not add first round talent while we wait for “generational “ talent.watch ford play. He’s got skills

11 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I hate trade ups, but I would even trade back up into late Rd 1 if it meant grabbing Lawrence after Ford. If we somehow came away with both those bad dudes it’s an A+ draft for me.

Hate trade ups too but would definitely do it too in that situation 

Vandy likes this

Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

Saffold is aging and and another trash pick up. Every year it’s the same song about we have to have DTs. Every year they fall.

Every player is aging, saffold is a good guard.  Every year we don't pick a top dt because we are not in this position to hardly ever do it,  we really need one true 2 gapper on this dline and watch everything fall into place.  The oline is also a higher risk for drafting, and they also take longer , I'm not saying don't draft one or even two but I think if your talking about adding two rookies to what we currently have without another vet on the line , being successful is a pipe dream, Quinton Nelson is not in this draft.  He made clowney look like a little ***** several times yesterday and he's a gaurd 

Edited by DMT11

10 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

I could say that being a possible route. Maybe grab a bigger back n e fourth 

Wouldn't have an issue with that at all

7 minutes ago, Vandy said:

If Freeman comes back healthy and has a good year I see no reason to draft a replacement.  Draft a complement to him: Jacobs in the 4th.  I’m going to champion this dude until draft day

Vandy likes this

Just now, youngbloodz said:

Wouldn't have an issue with that at all

And that’s a plausible route, really depends on what type DT DQ wants. I’m playing with the idea of a run stopping guy with some movement. Christmas is that. But maybe he wants more dynamicism and does go high. Should be interesting draft

youngbloodz likes this

6 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

Jacobs in fourth would be sweet. He might go early. I do live him as well

Where is he slated to go right now

1 minute ago, Falconsin2012 said:

If Freeman comes back healthy and has a good year I see no reason to draft a replacement.  Draft a complement to him: Jacobs in the 4th.  I’m going to champion this dude until draft day

I like Jacobs but I wouldn’t assume he’ll last to the fourth. He’s a dynamic back. If anyone is to replace Free it’srova Ito in 2020 assuming he continues the course 

Just now, MSalmon said:

And that’s a plausible route, really depends on what type DT DQ wants. I’m playing with the idea of a run stopping guy with some movement. Christmas is that. But maybe he wants more dynamicism and does go high. Should be interesting draft

Definitely will be interesting. I can't wait to see how it plays out

MSalmon likes this

Just now, youngbloodz said:

I’ve seen 2nd and third round projections. Too early, but he’s got massively awesome physical skills

11 minutes ago, DMT11 said:

I think we still go def that first pik no matter what potential generation. Talent in this draft , we could also pick up colts rg he should hit free agency mark glowinski we also need to be heavynin the Rodger saffold sweepstakes

ummmmmmm something is telling me Glowinski may not hit FA

And dude i dont know how yall are so in a hurry to over pay vets just because... Thats how you end up like the Giants paying Nate Solder  15 mil....

I like Rodger saffold but we are not in position to be in nooooo bidding war... We need to start developing young talent on the O-Line

10 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Missed the part about moving Schraeder inside.  Sorry, hard pass on that.  He is built to be a ZBS Tackle, not a Guard.   That would be a dissster IMO

13 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I like this idea overall but the schreader thing, this board keeps talking about fixing line and we're keeping schreader around after two bad seasons, I don't think it's injury , you wouldn't have seen him pulled then out back in this year his play has just declined that much.  I don't think he's strong enough to play gaurd anymore maybe he was but not anymore.

Vandy likes this

1 minute ago, atljbo said:

ummmmmmm something is telling me Glowinski may not hit FA

And dude i dont know how yall are so in a hurry to over pay vets just because... Thats how you end up like the Giants paying Nate Solder  15 mil....

I like Rodger saffold but we are not in position to be in nooooo bidding war... We need to start developing young talent on the O-Line

Exactly. It’s getting harder and harder to find a vet OTor even OG that’s worth the dollars they demand. I agree it’s time to expend the picks, get a couple of young studs with Mack and Jake are still good

Just now, DMT11 said:

I like this idea overall but the schreader thing, this board keeps talking about fixing line and we're keeping schreader around after two bad seasons, I don't think it's injury , you wouldn't have seen him pulled then out back in this year his play has just declined that much.  I don't think he's strong enough to play gaurd anymore maybe he was but not anymore.

He may not be. I really don’t know. It’s not uncommon to see a vet RT to go inside. But is he better than Wes or Fusco or beadles?

Posted (edited)

Yes colts prolly do pay him but they are going to have to start paying everyone as well, and I read last week somewhere that he may end up hitting free agency, justbig picture here, I'm not seeing this draft be that great for guard talent , I wish it was because I'm def sick of the oline problem ,  but remember cutting Ryan post June can shore up over 6m in space as well

Edited by DMT11

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

He is 6th rated back at the moment.  3rd projection.  I’d move up to get 2 3rd round picks and use one on him.

Edited by Falconsin2012
youngbloodz likes this

5 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Definitely will be interesting. I can't wait to see how it plays out

But I honestly think guys like Joe Jackson and there are others with good lengt and athleticsm can bolster our pass rush. A guy like Christmas and there are others can plug the run as well. I’m assuming Grady is re-signed. Senat showed flashes, Crawford has emerged as good, and ascending. So if we don’t go DT early I get it. Maybe we sign a Gerald McCoy. Lots of options on DT.

not so many on OL

youngbloodz likes this

2 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

He is 6th rated back at the moment.  3rd projection.  I’d move up to get 2 3rd round picks and use one on him.

I see conflicting stuff on Jacobs.i think his combine dictated his spot. If he runs a 4.4 he’ll go earlier than third.

but I’d love him in third

Falconsin2012 likes this