MSalmon

Since the NFLis a copy cat league I hope we copy the Colts

187 posts in this topic

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/04/26/indianapolis-colts-nfl-draft-picks-selections-grades

1. Quenton Nelson G

2. Darius Leonard Edge/LB

3. Braden Smith, RT

Indy then drafted LB and rbs. Sub in DTs for us. Granted Indy had 3 seconds, but the thought process is similar to what we could do. 

I’m guessing our OC is Bevell, and DQ and him will want a revamped OL and a bigger back in rotation. At this point if I had to mock is go:

rd 1. Cody Ford, Oklahoma. OT/G 6’5” 335

—I like him inside at G,but could be RT. That said shore up our Gs and Schraeder gets help. 

Rd. 2 Bennie Snell  RB Kentucky 5’11” 223

—Arm breaking runner with good hands. Nasty disposition. Very good in pass pro. Not the best receiver but good enough for check downs. Violent guy. Also don’t waste my time with grab UDFA rbs and plug and play. We have drafted rbs in rd 3 and 4 in recent years. Hill was a fifth rounder. But this guy is a stud

Rd 3. Michael Deiter, OG Wisconsin 6’6” 328

–skilled in outside zone and power blocking 

Rd 4 Joe Jackson, DE Miami 6’5” 260

—Speed, length and size. Not the most consistent player but on bad team. It takes to coaching could be a steal

Rd 5. . Demarcus Christmas, DT 6’4” 311 FL. State

—big run blocker, has some pass rush but hard to move out of his gap. He kinda reminds me of Brandon Mebane. 

Rd. 5 (comp) Isaiah Johnson cb, Houston 6’4” 202

–long strider, with great length and good ball skills.. Physical cb who’ll struggle in man, but could be a zone cb or even a FS. I see cb. Like Sherman he is a converted WR. Someone DQ can work with 

Rd. 6 Mecole Hardman WR/returner 5’9” 180 

—great return ability, limited as WR. Good gadget play guy. Could go up post combine as he should be blazing fast. But I still see him as a day 3 selection for us and a day one returner

Rd. 7  Corbin Kaufusi, DE/DT BYU 6’9” 290

–raw athletic player who has incredible length. Played basketball so is a good athlete. Needs refinement. Has frame to get bigger. Definitely could help in STs. But if sticks around could be a rotational guy. He’s also a guy I might consider converting to OT with his athleticism and length.

Too early to comment on UDFAs but this is my fav,Richie Worship 6’0 260 FB

Thoughts?

If he can help baker m look good then he sure can help MR.  Now if we can pick someone from the Alabama d line with the second pick it would be nice. 

I’m surprised there hasn’t been more groundswell here for Ford.  Most seem focused on DT and while it certainly is a need, I see OL at the same level of priority (if not more when you consider snaps available).

Colts are a blueprint to pay attention to.

sdogg, MSalmon and vitaman like this

9 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

I can't take a RB in the second. But other than that I like it. Love the Cody Ford pick. Sorry @MSalmon I misread it lol. What happened to our second 

I fixed the typo lol

i disagree just because I think if we’re serious about smash mouth then we may have to go high. The rb position is not nearly as devalued as in past years. I like snell because he’s also great in pass pro.

you like ford inside or at RT?

3 minutes ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

I’m surprised there hasn’t been more groundswell here for Ford.  Most seem focused on DT and while it certainly is a need, I see OL at the same level of priority (if not more when you consider snaps available).

Colts are a blueprint to pay attention to.

Me too. And initially I was all over DT. I’d love say a Raekwon Davis or Williams or any of the studs, but FA looks bleak on OL and we are trotting out backups. I like Wes but he’s a backup who may one day be a serviceable starter. Garland is a backup. Fusco is really a backup. The list goes on. 

After waching he colts and the magnificent way they integrated Nelson and Braden Smith into the vets on on the OL, I believe it can be done. 

I also think if it’s bevell as OC we’re going fir a legit back with size

13 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

I can't take a RB in the second. But other than that I like it. Love the Cody Ford pick. Sorry @MSalmon I misread it lol. What happened to our second 

I’d rather Jacobs (Bama) in the 4th if he is still available.  Nice work, though, MSalmon

youngbloodz likes this

I think we still go def that first pik no matter what potential generation. Talent in this draft , we could also pick up colts rg he should hit free agency mark glowinski we also need to be heavynin the Rodger saffold sweepstakes

2 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

I fixed the typo lol

i disagree just because I think if we’re serious about smash mouth then we may have to go high. The rb position is not nearly as devalued as in past years. I like snell because he’s also great in pass pro.

you like ford inside or at RT?

I just think we should fix the line of scrimmage before drafting RB in the 2nd. I like Cody at RT but I love him at guard. I think he would be a great selection 

Falconsfan567, Geneaut and vitaman like this

6 minutes ago, atljbo said:

yeaaaaa.. its no way in **** we can take a 2nd round RB.... Love the Ford pick tho.... You have him playing RT ?

Why no rb in the second? Particularly if you want size, lateral ability and violence. We’ve spent picks on rb in third and fourth recently, a second for a guy like snell could be possible.

im not sure. I like ford inside, bu he’s a good RT as well. Deiter can play both RT and G as well. Part of me thinks Schraeder will improve greatly if we solidify the G positions. I know Mack will. 

I rewatched Schraeder some and he had no G support

rugger8 likes this

1 minute ago, DMT11 said:

I think we still go def that first pik no matter what potential generation. Talent in this draft , we could also pick up colts rg he should hit free agency mark glowinski we also need to be heavynin the Rodger saffold sweepstakes

Saffold is aging and and another trash pick up. Every year it’s the same song about we have to have DTs. Every year they fall.

atljbo likes this

13 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Yeah, I can’t either. I understand what MS is doing here, but we may have to wait and grab that RB in 2020 draft. 

Ford is that mean *** OL who brings an attitude our OL has been missing. I just hate bypassing all the good DT’s that will be there in Rd 1.

Falconsfan567, rugger8, vel and 4 others like this

2 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

I just think we should fix the line of scrimmage before drafting RB in the 2nd. I like Cody at RT but I love him at guard. I think he would be a great selection 

Oh fix the line if you get tw stud Gs. Or even if we push Cody at RT, maybe punch Schraeder inside at G even.

Just now, Vandy said:

Yeah, I can’t either. I understand what MS is doing here, but we may have to wait and grab that RB in 2020 draft. 

Ford is that mean *** OL who brings an attitude our OL has been missing. I just hate bypassing all the good DT’s that will be there in Rd 1.

I would hate it too but if we were able to get Ford in the 1st and Dexter Lawrence in the 2nd I would be loving the draft 

So you're saying fire the GM, and then a year later replace the head coach to right the ship:ninja:  

Naw, I'm kidding.  I haven't had this much optimism for an off-season in years.

Vandy likes this

Just now, MSalmon said:

Oh fix the line if you get tw stud Gs. Or even if we push Cody at RT, maybe punch Schraeder inside at G even.

We might need two guards cause Levitre can't stay healthy. We also need a big DT alongside Grady too

momak, Falconsfan567 and Vandy like this

I would hate it too but if we were able to get Ford in the 1st and Dexter Lawrence in the 2nd I would be loving the draft 

I hate trade ups, but I would even trade back up into late Rd 1 if it meant grabbing Lawrence after Ford. If we somehow came away with both those bad dudes it’s an A+ draft for me.

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

You and @youngbloodz may be right on rb. But unless we sign a vet rb I think it’s a need. Now Marshawn, Ingram and Murray and Ajayi are all available. But do we want to go that route.?

We do well on picking DTs and I love one of the good looking first rounders but dang we gotta pay attention to that OL

kiwifalcon and Vandy like this

3 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

I could say that being a possible route. Maybe grab a bigger back n e fourth 

youngbloodz likes this

6 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

Me too. And initially I was all over DT. I’d love say a Raekwon Davis or Williams or any of the studs, but FA looks bleak on OL and we are trotting out backups. I like Wes but he’s a backup who may one day be a serviceable starter. Garland is a backup. Fusco is really a backup. The list goes on. 

After waching he colts and the magnificent way they integrated Nelson and Braden Smith into the vets on on the OL, I believe it can be done. 

I also think if it’s bevell as OC we’re going fir a legit back with size

I like Snell too, although not in Rd 2.  But one area the Falcons miscalculated their depth was RB.  Don’t think they wanted to give Ito tha5 much work his rookie year.

For FA a nice reclamation signing would be Jeff Allen.  Wouldn’t be cost prohibitive anymore...Pioli drafted him.  Seems the MB knows of him from previous offseasons.

We might need two guards cause Levitre can't stay healthy. We also need a big DT alongside Grady too

I could see Ford at G with Deiter and rolliing with Schraeder  Or I could see Schraeder move inside

youngbloodz and Vandy like this

1 minute ago, MSalmon said:

Why no rb in the second? Particularly if you want size, lateral ability and violence. We’ve spent picks on rb in third and fourth recently, a second for a guy like snell could be possible.

im not sure. I like ford inside, bu he’s a good RT as well. Deiter can play both RT and G as well. Part of me thinks Schraeder will improve greatly if we solidify the G positions. I know Mack will. 

I rewatched Schraeder some and he had no G support

at Tackle what we are paying our guys... You have to be on that island blocking ... To me that was the biggest Strenth Schraeder brought..... I just cant see us keep him unless he takes a big time restructure.... Coach saying scrub everything except center and LT was a death blow to him....

I dont think  coach meant everybody but them are gone but a dude cant be on your OLine counting 7+ mil on the cap and your coach just basically said he cant count on you.

Naw.. we are not spending a 2 on a RB....lol... We just dont need too... We have good backs ,... I do think will have to add a back with some speed somewhere in the mid to late rounds with coleman going

Ergo Proxy and kiwifalcon like this