falcons007

Can Matt Ryan carry this team like other QB in NFL?

210 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Thanks for bringing the facts @falcons007

Your thread title certainly trolled some trolls. :tiphat:

Go get a footjob so you can have something to be happy about for once in your life lol

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

That is the exact point though. 

I am refuting the point that Ryan 'can't ' win a SB, or that he doesn't have the 'talent' to do it. If a well crafted team can win with what amounted to journeyman QBs than Matt is more than capable in a similar circumstance. 

That's the whole point I'm trying to make! Matt Ryan without the Falcons in some case is a journeyman quarterback himself... Matt Ryan on another team wouldn't even be a starter and be successful... without the Falcons I believe personally Matt Ryan would be out the league or someone's backup at best.. just like Joe Flacco's on his way out possibly...

Edited by Dirtytrollbird

1 hour ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Thanks for bringing the facts @falcons007

Your thread title certainly trolled some trolls. :tiphat:

I wasn’t trying to troll. It’s just continuation of other two threads I posted on Ryan.

Ergo Proxy likes this

17 minutes ago, Dirtytrollbird said:

That's the whole point I'm trying to make! Matt Ryan without the Falcons in some case is a journeyman quarterback himself... Matt Ryan on another team wouldn't even be a starter and be successful... without the Falcons I believe personally Matt Ryan would be out the league or someone's backup at best.. just like Joe Flacco's on his way out possibly...

That's simply not true. He's a Top 5 QB in the NFL. 

3 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

That's simply not true. He's a Top 5 QB in the NFL. 

Top 5? Okay I'm going to go check stats... and I ain't talkin about padded stats at the end of the game when it doesn't matter after we've gotten our butts kick neither

10 minutes ago, Dirtytrollbird said:

Top 5? Okay I'm going to go check stats... and I ain't talkin about padded stats at the end of the game when it doesn't matter after we've gotten our butts kick neither

The padded stats thing is frankly BS. If you check Matt's splits he does most his work in the 1st Half. 

23 hours ago, jay1k2 said:

Patriots are consistently good in the trenches year after year. 

Historically, the offensive line has been good for most of Brady's tenure...owing to the fact that they have the best OL coach in history running their OL. And when that dude tried to retire a few years back? The OL fell apart. 

The defense in general has been good throughout Brady's tenure but hasnt been all that great the last three seasons and has specifically been below average or worse against the run the last two seasons and at various points throughout the last half dozen years or so. The pass rush was poor this year.

The Patriots are good at football. But they arent all that talented in "the trenches" and havent been consistently good in that area since Wilfork left. But they're the best coached best run franchise in football and are unmatched at their ability to modify their game plan to give themselves the best chance of winning.