falcons007

Can Matt Ryan carry this team like other QB in NFL?

210 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Hingle McCringleberry said:

This will stop if you stop responding to him. He is a wannabe swift copycat that is failing at it.

Lol. 

5 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Who knew a stats thread about Ryan was gonna go get crazy. 

UnpleasantFancyFairyfly-max-1mb.gif

Almost a 100% certainty. It's like a saving a red blanket near a bull. 

Ergo Proxy and falcons007 like this

Just now, Geneaut said:

Almost a 100% certainty. It's like a saving a red blanket near a bull. 

I guess trolls are running out of myths to blame Ryan. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

Just now, Geneaut said:

Remember there are 9-10 QBs better than him every season. 

Yeah. Hope Mods don’t lock the thread. Just clean up offensive posts. It’s sad that you can’t share success of your QB. 

Ergo Proxy and Geneaut like this

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

Yeah. Hope Mods don’t lock the thread. Just clean up offensive posts. It’s sad that you can’t share success of your QB. 

It's sad that you think very mediocre of what talent and success really is smh We cannot win with Matt Ryan, you fool. 2016 was our best chance and he and ignorant boneheaded offensive coordinator and Dan Quinn and the rest of your mediocre family failed us all...

5 minutes ago, Dirtytrollbird said:

It's sad that you think very mediocre of what talent and success really is smh We cannot win with Matt Ryan, you fool. 2016 was our best chance and he and ignorant boneheaded offensive coordinator and Dan Quinn and the rest of your mediocre family failed us all...

If Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer can win SBs then Matt is more than capable. 

On 1/5/2019 at 10:36 PM, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Even Brees needed a defense that was 1st in turnovers if I can remember to go to the SB and even seal the SB on a Peyton Manning pick 6. He also had a run game by committee.

If the QBs can 100% carry a team myth was true, then Marino would have more rings than Brady.  Rodgers would have more than 1 SB ring. Peyton Manning would have more than 2 rings with more than 1 SB ring during his prime years.

Too much truth in this for one thread!!!

2 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

Trent Dilfer had the privilege to have a great defense and a historical defense at that!!! Brad Johnson, just had a great team that he worked along with in Tampa Bay. Matt Ryan in the Falcons with that dumb coaching staff at the time now weren't even mentally privileged or prepared for any games that were even considered on the line...

My point I'm trying to make is that Matt Ryan isn't even a Brad Johnson! Trent Dilfer, yeah I see your point but even he was privileged with a great defense.. our whole team needs work we are one of the worst!

8 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

But wait, to really answer your question, the Brad Johnson, thing. wasn't Brad Johnson a little bit more consistent than Matt Ryan, no seriously?

10 minutes ago, Dirtytrollbird said:

But wait, to really answer your question, the Brad Johnson, thing. wasn't Brad Johnson a little bit more consistent than Matt Ryan, no seriously?

No

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, Geneaut said:

No

So you're telling me he was not MORE consistent but he was a Super Bowl champion with Tampa Bay... you know it takes consistency to pull that off something the Falcons wasn't in Super Bowl 51

Edited by Dirtytrollbird

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Dirtytrollbird said:

So you're telling me he was not MORE consistent but he was a Super Bowl champion with Tampa Bay... you know it takes consistency to pull that off something the Falcons wasn't in Super Bowl 51

Matt was very consistent in SB51. It was one of the greatest games a QB has ever had in the SB. 

The TEAM wasn't though. 

Edited by Geneaut

1 minute ago, Geneaut said:

Matt was very consistent in SB51. It was one of the greatest games a QB has ever had in the SB. 

The TEAM wasn't though. 

Okay, I agree. 

Posted (edited)

31 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

Uhhh. . . I think this is flawed logic, with all due respect. Football is a team game. Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer had something great in common. By this logic, Dan Marino (and others like him) are more than capable, yet their capability resulted in 0 rings combined. 

Edited by Halcon-1

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

True. I am pouring the gasoline on the fire for sure. Guy isn’t worth anyone’s time

But yo old lady was worth every dime lol...

°°° sing along°°°°

Edited by Dirtytrollbird

10 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

The TEAM wasn't though. 

Yep, coaching started falling apart late in the game. Some players already had the game won in their minds. It was all mental at that point. . . and that lost the mental battle, which translated into the game.

Geneaut likes this

4 minutes ago, Halcon-1 said:

Uhhh. . . I think this is flawed logic, with all due respect. Football is a team game. Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer had something great in common. By this logic, Dan Marino (and others like him) are more than capable, yet their capability resulted in 0 rings combined. 

I'm really not trying to be the bad guy for real, it was just my opinion earlier.. but there's a lot of Truth in this post you just wrote. 0 Super Bowl rings, that's what us as Falcons fans are looking for and nothing less. anything short of that is a failure. all I was just saying is that having Matt Ryan at the helm it's not going to cut it. 2016 was our only shot unless Matt Ryan becomes god next year

Halcon-1 likes this

7 minutes ago, Halcon-1 said:

That is the exact point though. 

I am refuting the point that Ryan 'can't ' win a SB, or that he doesn't have the 'talent' to do it. If a well crafted team can win with what amounted to journeyman QBs than Matt is more than capable in a similar circumstance. 

Halcon-1 likes this

QB  alone can't carry a team, BREES is a Hall of famer and one of the greatest of all times, and with that how many 7-9 seasons did he have, how many playoff games did he leave the field with the lead only to have the defense lose the game, example.. Seahawks earthquake run, 49ers Davis last second TD, Vikings Defense lose it in the final seconds. In all those games Brees took the lead to end the game. its more than just the QB.

Geneaut likes this