falcons007

Can Matt Ryan carry this team like other QB in NFL?

210 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

And he isn’t talented QB, just a system QB.

51 minutes ago, gazoo said:

I wonder if, by system QB, he meant Ryan can win in any system. Haha

The bigger question is who is really in the box here:

Ryan or Haters? Is there a SYSTEMic problem here?

WrKPhfd.gif

falcons007 and gazoo like this

45 minutes ago, Hurry_Up_And_Buy said:

I'm tired of talking about Ryan. Fix the fucn Lines plz!!! That's all we need to discuss from now onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn :bang:

falcons007 likes this

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Belichick was a ST coordinator.  He gets the importance of the long forgotten 3rd phase of football.  Either you trust your kicker or you don’t.  Pretty sure $$Bryant makes the 40 yarder to put us up 12 in SB 51

11 but whose counting. And yards? We should've attempted it at 62 yards or whereever the hold put us. (45yrd ln?)

Quinn valued his D having more yards to defend; even though they had enough time, by P instead of going for the kill shot.

We talk staying aggressive but didn't take the FG. Remember that long FG Bryant got hurt on this year? Yep. Didn't do that in the SB.

Two score game with 4 minutes to go if they take all their TOs.

Edited by Ergo Proxy
falcons007 likes this

Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

11 but whose counting. And yards? We should've attempted it at 62 yards or whereever the hold put us.

Two score game with 4 minutes to go if they take all their TOs.

Yeah. DQ was overwhelmed by the moment. He learnt the lesson in Tampa game.

Ergo Proxy likes this

2 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Let’s look at the number of games each QB had rating of More than 100 in first 11 years of their careers. 

1, Ryan 53 games , record 39-14. Most losses by a QB with rating over 100.

2. Peyton Manning: 52 Games, record 48-4.

3. Drew Brees: 47, record 39-8. 

4. Tony Romo: 43, record 31-12 second most losses by a QB with rating if 100. 

5. Tom Brady: 41, record 38-3. 

Ryan is currently ranked 7th on all time QB list of number games over rating of 100. 

Drops the mic. 

Super Bowl Ring count on those men please

39 minutes ago, paulitik said:

Doesn’t matter how good a QB you are if you have no defense and a running game that can’t convert on short yardage. 

I still don't know how we apparently had a good short yardage conversion rating? Maybe it's specifically out of goal line packages or something inside the red zone where it's the worst. I'd like to see our TD passes vs runs in the RZ this year for example and the short yardage areas while running vs rest of the league.

In terms of consistency, run game overall wasn't good enough and pass protection suffered with being in 3rd and long so often.

I think Ryan and the Falcons offense had almost history setting conversion rate for 3rd and 6 or longer this year. I forget the exact yardage.

Now imagine we didn't have Ryan this year and as someone else indicated, do we even win a single game with the injuries?

paulitik likes this

2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I still don't know how we apparently had a good short yardage conversion rating? Maybe it's specifically out of goal line packages or something inside the red zone where it's the worst. I'd like to see our TD passes vs runs in the RZ this year for example and the short yardage areas while running vs rest of the league.

In terms of consistency, run game overall wasn't good enough and pass protection suffered with being in 3rd and long so often.

I think Ryan and the Falcons offense had almost history setting conversion rate for 3rd and 6 or longer this year. I forget the exact yardage.

Now don't have Ryan this year. As someone else indicated, do we even win a single game with the injuries?

I hated Sark in short yardage or goal line situations. I don’t want to see empty backfield on 3rd and short or 4th and short.

Ergo Proxy and FalconsIn2020 like this

9 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Now don't have Ryan this year. As someone else indicated, do we even win a single game with the injuries?

The Sanu wild cat formation probably helped. Otherwise, we were pitiful running in short yardage.

FalconsIn2020 and falcons007 like this

Just fix the lines and stay healthy and this team will be fine, maybe not Superbowl but they are still talented enough to win the division and hit the playoffs.  I think Quinn has been slowly losing this team since the Superbowl loss.  That's why the injuries were so hard to overcome this season I think.

falcons007 likes this

4 hours ago, BraveFalcon11 said:

Matt Ryan in my opinion is not a talented quarterback he's just a good system quarterback what system in any system coordinators create the greatness in Matt Ryan Matt Ryan just doesn't already have it if he did it wouldn't matter what coordinator we have... Smh

If Sark is such a horrible OC then how did Matt Ryan have 35 TD and only 7 INT if he doesn't have any talent?

falcons007 likes this

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, BraveFalcon11 said:

Matt Ryan in my opinion is not a talented quarterback he's just a good system quarterback what system in any system coordinators create the greatness in Matt Ryan Matt Ryan just doesn't already have it if he did it wouldn't matter what coordinator we have... Smh

Here's a quote that should really help you out in life:

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."

Edited by RubberDucky
falcons007 and FalconsIn2020 like this

3 hours ago, RubberDucky said:

Here's a quote that should really help you out in life:

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."

Y'all are killin' this man!

can-somebody-stop-the-damn-match-enough-

falcons007 and VTCrunkler like this

Early in the season, Matt Ryan made some pretty dumb mistakes that cost us a couple of games.  PeytonManningsForehead did a nice job of outlining the issues and provided some videos to support his assertions.  

Well, Matt corrected those problems and he had a great season.  The OP asked whether Matt Ryan can carry this team, like other QB's carry theirs.  Point in fact:  No QB carries his team to victories.  It the consulate team sport.  Yes, some QB's make dramatic plays at crucial points, but no one player, regardless of position, can win a football game on his own.  

To answer the OP.  Yes, Matt Ryan can be a championship QB.  He can because he plays at a very high level.  It is all a matter of whether the rest of the players can do their parts.  

falcons007 and Ergo Proxy like this

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Let’s look at the number of games each QB had rating of More than 100 in first 11 years of their careers. 

1, Ryan 53 games , record 39-14. Most losses by a QB with rating over 100.

2. Peyton Manning: 52 Games, record 48-4.

3. Drew Brees: 47, record 39-8. 

4. Tony Romo: 43, record 31-12 second most losses by a QB with rating if 100. 

5. Tom Brady: 41, record 38-3. 

Ryan is currently ranked 7th on all time QB list of number games over rating of 100. 

Drops the mic. 

Until  he can run a 4.3 fourty  we just don’t care how good he is. End of argument

Edited by falconfreak1
Ergo Proxy and falcons007 like this

10 hours ago, BraveFalcon11 said:

You're calling me a troll but you're asking for people's opinions on here? Since you're so smart why don't you go look up stats then, instead of wasting our time with your dumb questions you? fool....

Actually, he didn't ask, you forced your opinion. You, like many other who clearly don't know the the h3ll you are talking about. QB is played from the neck up. Brees and Rodgers are what you called Ryan, system QBs. Peyton was a genius. You can't even try to tip ride these other guys. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

9 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Cowherd's opinions change like the weather.

He likes Ryan when the Falcons are winning, but trashes him when the team is down.

Cowherd also has a weird fascination with bringing up Andy Dalton's name in most conversations about QBs. Mostly in a negative context. I would be pissed if I was Dalton.

Seriously. He uses dalton in the negative context all the time. I too would be pissed. I don't think he's bad either. 

9 hours ago, AndrewsFrancisBart said:

I've seen that video 20 times, in 20 other threads, since it was first posted after week 1 of a season Matt Ryan turned in the 24th best rated performance in NFL history.  I don't need to watch it again.  It's as asinine now as it was then.

You're bandwagon coward l Iike the rest... I'm still man enough to keep my same opinion unlike you ready to jump on someone else's bandwagon..

9 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Cowherd's opinions change like the weather.

He likes Ryan when the Falcons are winning, but trashes him when the team is down.

Cowherd also has a weird fascination with bringing up Andy Dalton's name in most conversations about QBs. Mostly in a negative context. I would be pissed if I was Dalton.

Okay and I could respect your opinion at least you have your own opinion that can make me say well you may be right at least you're not our bandwagon cow or like the rest of the people that commented

50 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Actually, he didn't ask, you forced your opinion. You, like many other who clearly don't know the the h3ll you are talking about. QB is played from the neck up. Brees and Rodgers are what you called Ryan, system QBs. Peyton was a genius. You can't even try to tip ride these other guys. 

Actually you're nothing but a tip facing bandwagon coward that just takes the opportunity to jump on somebody when everybody else says at least I have my own opinion