falcons007

Can Matt Ryan carry this team like other QB in NFL?

210 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, gazoo said:

Ryan has a 3 digit career playoff passer rating, even Tom Brady  is only 90

Ryan plays outstanding not just in regular season, but also lights out in the playoffs.

He has most games with rating over 100 than any other QB in first 11 years. If Ryan can play at high level for another 5-6 years.he is gonna end up in top 5 in most categories. 

Schwarzwald likes this

37 minutes ago, BraveFalcon11 said:

No... He never had the talent.. He is a system QB. He isn't raw and natural talent like Aaron Rodgers or Brees.. Tom Brady believe it or not in my opinion is a GREAT system QB that got a good break by having a great coach and team players around him along with great defense over the years without that Brady wouldn't be able to... I've always felt this way Brady it's just fortunate... Matt Ryan is not a talented quarterback he's a good system quarterback.

You do realize Ryan has had to learn and has excelled in more systems than the QBs you listed combined?

Geneaut likes this

Just now, Hingle McCringleberry said:

You do realize Ryan has had to learn and has excelled in more systems than the QBs you listed combined?

You're right. But we've been waiting 10 years... 

Imagine Matt in the WCO his entire career. Or with a great offensive mind HC that essentially functions as the OC as well.

Or not being drafted to replace Vick/Petrino. Everyone hated on the Falcons that year.

Matt Ryan is on pace to be a HoF no question. He also is way down the list of why we didn't win that SB. He did more than enough. His peers have had worse SB games and won because they had a D, had a run game, or competent situational calls by their coaches. Pick any one or combination.

42 minutes ago, BraveFalcon11 said:

No... He never had the talent.. He is a system QB. He isn't raw and natural talent like Aaron Rodgers or Brees.. Tom Brady believe it or not in my opinion is a GREAT system QB that got a good break by having a great coach and team players around him along with great defense over the years without that Brady wouldn't be able to... I've always felt this way Brady it's just fortunate... Matt Ryan is not a talented quarterback he's a good system quarterback.

39 minutes ago, BraveFalcon11 said:

Matt Ryan in my opinion is not a talented quarterback he's just a good system quarterback what system in any system coordinators create the greatness in Matt Ryan Matt Ryan just doesn't already have it if he did it wouldn't matter what coordinator we have... Smh

How does a QB have the level of success Matt Ryan has achieved, an MVP season, while NOT being a talented quarterback? Idiot.

Posted (edited)

53 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Let’s look at the number of games each QB had rating of More than 100 in first 11 years of their careers. 

1, Ryan 53 games , record 39-14. Most losses by a QB with rating over 100.

2. Peyton Manning: 52 Games, record 48-4.

3. Drew Brees: 47, record 39-8. 

4. Tony Romo: 43, record 31-12 second most losses by a QB with rating if 100. 

5. Tom Brady: 41, record 38-3. 

Ryan is currently ranked 7th on all time QB list of number games over rating of 100. 

Drops the mic. 

Matt Ryan’s passer rating over his last 7 playoff games is 116.4.   AVERAGE.   Tom Brady, in all his playoff experience, has only eclipsed 116 in a playoff game 4 times.

Edited by Falconsin2012

7 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

He has most games with rating over 100 than any other QB in first 11 years. If Ryan can play at high level for another 5-6 years.he is gonna end up in top 5 in most categories. 

I just did some quick research. 

Matt Ryan is the only QB of the following with a career playoff passer rating over over 100 that includes Peyton Manning, Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers.

Schwarzwald, falcons007 and rounz like this

4 minutes ago, BraveFalcon11 said:

You're right. But we've been waiting 10 years... 

Okay, you realize that he has played in more systems, but you won't concede that calling him a system QB is false?

41 minutes ago, BraveFalcon11 said:

You're calling me a troll but you're asking for people's opinions on here? Since you're so smart why don't you go look up stats then, instead of wasting our time with your dumb questions you? fool....

I agree, you aren’t even a talented troll. Super Weak stuff bru

3 minutes ago, gazoo said:

I just did some quick research. 

Matt Ryan is the only QB of the following with a career playoff passer rating over over 100 that includes Peyton Manning, Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers.

But but he can’t carry the team like others.

Schwarzwald likes this

Just now, falcons007 said:

But but he can’t carry the team like others.

And he doesn’t step up in big games! He only had a 135 passer rating in playoffs against the 2 best defenses in the NFL that one year.

Schwarzwald, Geneaut and falcons007 like this

Posted (edited)

50 minutes ago, BraveFalcon11 said:

Matt Ryan in my opinion is not a talented quarterback he's just a good system quarterback what system in any system coordinators create the greatness in Matt Ryan Matt Ryan just doesn't already have it if he did it wouldn't matter what coordinator we have... Smh

I agree. M Ryan wouldn't be such a loser if he could have broken up that pass to AJ Green that won the game for CIN at the last min.  Or if M Ryan wasn't such a fig he would have tackled D Sproles in week 1 on the big 3rd down play that would have forced a punt and then Matty Ice could have drove down the field and won the game for us.  Or that shi**y play by M Ryan where D Brees spun out of his tackle for a TD that sealed the game.  M Ryan is good, but if he could have made these plays and the others that he missed throughout the season/career, then M Ryan would have at least 3 SuperBowls. 

Edited by dawgsjw

5 minutes ago, gazoo said:

I agree, you aren’t even a talented troll. Super Weak stuff bru

I wasn't trying to be.  I was just stating my opinions... Something the thread asked for...

1 minute ago, dawgsjw said:

I agree. M Ryan wouldn't be such a loser if he could have broken up that pass to AJ Green that won the game for CIN at the last min.  Or if M Ryan wasn't such a fig he would have tackled D Sproles in week 1 on the big 3rd down play that would have forced a punt and then Matty Ice could have drove down the field and won the game for us.  Or that shi**y play by M Ryan where D Brees spun out of his tackle for a TD that sealed the game.  M Ryan is good, but if he could have made these plays and the others that he missed throughout the season/career, then M Ryan would have at least 3 SuperBowls. 

Whatever lol...  Your passive aggressiveness don't move me.

3 minutes ago, gazoo said:

I wonder if, by system QB, he meant Ryan can win in any system. Haha

He has won a playoff game in all 3 offensive systems (I think).  Only QB that can make such a claim

falcons007 likes this

6 minutes ago, dawgsjw said:

You forgot, he needed to be his oWn. OC.

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

This almost makes me miss swift. Lol

You know you're a coward? And the rest of the low lives commenting right along with u. You start a thread asking for opinions to only fit what u want to hear? I'm not a fan of Matt Ryan just like some of u didn't like Vick but hey it's football right? And were Falcons fan but it's ppl like u that ruin fandom and your other screw boys too that comment right along with you! 

**** it **** face!

falcons007 likes this

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, AndrewsFrancisBart said:

You don't have a good brain.

You're right, I dont... Neither does your mother. You can blame us both, we had you. Sorry just bad genes lol

Edited by BraveFalcon11

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, BraveFalcon11 said:

You know you're a coward? And the rest of the low lives commenting right along with u. You start a thread asking for opinions to only fit what u want to hear? I'm not a fan of Matt Ryan just like some of u didn't like Vick but hey it's football right? And were Falcons fan but it's ppl like u that ruin fandom and your other screw boys too that comment right along with you! 

**** it **** face!

So you're getting mad that you stated a falsehood and getting called out on it.

Edited by Hingle McCringleberry
falcons007 likes this