Ergo Proxy

Matt Ryan's passer rating of 108.1 in the 2018 season is the highest in NFL history of any QB with a losing record.

114 posts in this topic

"To give some extra context, it's the 24th best all time. His MVP season is 5th. He's had 2 top 25 seasons in the last 3 years."

Panthers fan:

Matt Ryan is stupid underrated. I hate him, but I think he should be in the Hall when it’s all said and done. I’ve watched him his entire career and the dude performs, even when his team is a pile of garbage.

**** Matt Ryan, but I respect the **** out of his game

Matt now holds the following NFL records: 1. Highest passer rating whose team had a losing season; 2. Highest passer rating in a regular season loss; 3. Highest passer rating in a super bowl loss.

Vikings fan:

It’s this kind of **** that makes me hate every analyst saying “that QB just doesn’t win big games or playoff games so they must not be as good as Brady or Montana” or whoever they’re trying to compare.

It’s like no. His defense his entire career averaged out to like 25th in the league or his offensive line/running game was garbage so he couldn’t do ****.

Look at all the love Brees is getting for the MVP this year cuz he won with a completely stacked team but it’s like his worst season in a decade. **** makes no sense. Manning’s not as good as Brady cuz Brady always has a defense and running game to help him in the playoffs and Manning had to do everything? Like what?

Ryan was ******* unbelievable this season but his entire defense was injured. This was a classic example of the losing season for Brees but he still threw for 5k yards but his team didn’t make the playoffs so no one gives a ****. He was great and the Falcons should be fine next year as long as they can get healthy. Just sucks he isn’t talked about at all as a top QB this year because his team couldn’t help him out.

mqg96, IamFRESCO1, Halcon-1 and 7 others like this

This should be solid proof, to any Ryan hater, that Ryan needs to be cut now. 

We will never be able to win a Super Bowl with a QB who, despite being let down by the crumbling support around him, puts up such selfishly awesome numbers, refusing to play less than championship level despite what others are doing.

or something....

Posted (edited)

All that needed to be said was this:  Matt Ryan has 2 of the top 25 QBR seasons ever for a 2-legger throwing a pigskin.  End of narrative & thread

Edited by Falconsin2012
Geneaut and Ergo Proxy like this

It's nothing to celebrate.. Ryan takes way to many sacks.. I've always believed he'd rather take the sack than throw the ball away.. It kills us to get behind the chains on 2-20 or 3-20's just because Ryan refuses to step out of the pocket and reset the down. It's a issue that's got to be addressed.. Even if it effects Ryan's passers rating some, getting behind the chains like that isn't helping the team.. Ryan, step out of the pocket and throw the ball away.. 2-10 is way better than 2-20 any day. 

16 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Wait till the clowns come and rain on your parade with stupid logic. He can’t have it factor, he can’t do it by himself, takes too many sacks blah blah.

But he is our problem!!!

KS.jpg.63aa9f746654da3858c4383f8e31c5af.jpg

trollface.png.90a599d4f01504f5bc0c7333572822ac.png

osiruz and falcons007 like this

4 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Wait till the clowns come and rain on your parade with stupid logic. He can’t have it factor, he can’t do it by himself, takes too many sacks blah blah.

I just believe it's better for the team for Ryan to throw the ball away and save yards than take sacks to pad his passed rating. Leading the league in sacks puts a damper on leading the league in passers rating with most loses imo

The Rock likes this

But wait.......according to this fan board Matt Ryan is a noodle arm Average QB.......don’t you just love bandwagon fans.

4 minutes ago, NCFalconfan said:

With just an average defense Ryan would have multiple rings for this franchise.  The inability to field just a decent defense for a decade now is simply mind numbing.

Matt Ryan has had his chances, specifically 2012 and 2016.  Looking at both games, I bet he wish he took more of a leadership role in both games and did things completely differently. 

osiruz and The Rock like this

23 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I just believe it's better for the team for Ryan to throw the ball away and save yards than take sacks to pad his passed rating. Leading the league in sacks puts a damper on leading the league in passers rating with most loses imo

This is another TATF myth, Ryan doesn’t take any more sacks extending plays than Rodgers or other QB. 

Ryan has no online and doesn’t hold the ball long. Heck most of the time he doesn’t have time to throw away. And give him a defense, he will throw away. When the team depends on offense to do something every snap it’s hard to lose snaps. 

20 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Tell us what your solution is to this Ryan crisis you feel is holding us back.

Please tell us all specifically what you would do to remedy this situation you feel is hindering us. 

We will all patently await your solution.

You see, we all know you have no reListic solution to your fake problem, you just like to whine. 

1 minute ago, R_The_Great said:

Matt Ryan has had his chances, specifically 2012 and 2016.  Looking at both games, I bet he wish he took more of a leadership role in both games and did things completely differently. 

Unbelievable. That’s all.

19 minutes ago, NCFalconfan said:

With just an average defense Ryan would have multiple rings for this franchise.  The inability to field just a decent defense for a decade now is simply mind numbing.

Yep, that’s always been my beef. His defenses have been pedestrian if not awful most of his career here. He has been outright phenomenal in the playoffs and his super bowl play despite anything else that was going on. 

Just now, R_The_Great said:

Matt Ryan has had his chances, specifically 2012 and 2016.  Looking at both games, I bet he wish he took more of a leadership role in both games and did things completely 

Eh, not Ryan's fault that Bumbles Douglas triped over his own feet for the game winning td, or the ref swallowed their whistle when Bowman assaulted Roddy or in 2016 when Ryan threw the dime to Julio that SHOULD have ended that game before the coaches got cute with the play calling.

jay1k2 and gazoo like this

13 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Tell us what your solution is to this Ryan crisis you feel is holding us back.

Please tell us all specifically what you would do to remedy this situation you feel is hindering us. 

We will all patently await your solution.

You see, we all know you have no reListic solution to your conjured up problem, you just like to whine. 

Simply just step out of the pocket and throw the ball away like other qb's do 

15 minutes ago, R_The_Great said:

You, sir, are fake football

NCFalconfan likes this