FalconBlood23

Why so much hate for Ryan?

118 posts in this topic

Im a huge Ryan fan...but answer this

Why doesnt any cordinator wanna stick around for Ryan and Julio?

Whereas teams like Patriots, Saints cordinators tend to stick around.

22 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Im a huge Ryan fan...but answer this

Why doesnt any cordinator wanna stick around for Ryan and Julio?

Whereas teams like Patriots, Saints cordinators tend to stick around.

Sean Payton is the true OC and since he's head coaching he won't leave.

Josh Mcdaniels tried and bombed.

Next question?

Geneaut likes this

Most of these interviews were done after we lost to Philly in the first game of the season.  And all the criticism was deserved after that game!  But not just on Matt Ryan--the whole offense (WRs,RB,OL,OC).  That game was pitiful.

The arguments about money are pathetic.  It's just the market rate for a FRANCHISE QB--and Matt Ryan is definitely that!  He's not Aaron Rodgers and never will be.  He is and has been a top 10 QB in this league for 10 years now.  GMs would kill to draft a guy that they can count on for 10+ years.  Why can't we appreciate that we have a great QB on our team?!?

Us Falcons fans will most certainly miss Matt Ryan when he is gone.  Maybe when we're one of the teams constantly searching for another franchise QB, we'll appreciate him then.

Jen likes this

2 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Even though Mike McCarthy's bad coaching landed him on the unemployment line, Rodgers played a role into him getting fired before the season was over.

Heck yeah it played a role. He's an a hole. 

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, FalconBlood23 said:

Whole bunch of bafoons.

Cowherd is spot on.  Ryan can't win the big game because he can't make the BIG play...

Edited by slickgadawg

52 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Yes. Lamar will not last long if he doesn't become more wise with his decisions when running. 

..and defenses will have film to scheme next year

Cowherd is an opinionated windbag starved for attention. Matt Ryan is the best QB the Falcons have ever had and it's not even close. Ryan's not perfect but he's way better at his profession than Cowherd( third rate talking head) 

Ergo Proxy likes this

Funny, I wonder how the mannings brothers, Flaco, Brady and Big ben won so many super bowls since they can't "stress" the defense. 

Running QBs are a joke.

Ergo Proxy and TheJudge like this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, slickgadawg said:

Cowherd is spot on.  Ryan can't win the big game because he can't make the BIG play...

What counts as the big game? I've seen Ryan win the big game on every level except the super bowl. Monday night? Thursday night? Late season to secure playoffs? Win in the playoffs? Win the wildcard? Win on the road? Win the NFC Championship? He's made tons of big plays in big games. Even in the super bowl he made big plays. That pass to Julio should've ended it. The few times he didn't win the big game there was a total failing of the team (Douglas slipping, defense folding). He's made his share of mistakes but to act like he's allergic to the big moment is absurd and based on nothing but a recency bias and cherry picking.

Edited by likeriver

16 minutes ago, runshoot said:

Funny, I wonder how the mannings brothers, Flaco, Brady and Big ben won so many super bowls since they can't "stress" the defense. 

Running QBs are a joke.

I prefer mobile qb's. (Watson, Wilson, Mahomes, Rodgers, etc..) QB's looking to run(Jackson), wont last...

LoL- 

• Most Passing yrds by any QB in history over 1st 11 yrs
  • Pro Bowl 2010, 2012, 2014, & 2016
  • NFL MVP
  • NFL Rookie of the year 2008
  • 65% career comp avg
  • missed only 2 games out of the last 11 seasons

We've got a great QB, let's get an OC who compliments MR's style and watch what happens in 2019

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, slickgadawg said:

Once again, these opinions are all from 6 months ago or later.  

And what’s your definition of big play? Can it only be in the last minute of a SB?  The great catch by Julio was big and should have won the SB, right?  What I can’t figure is why people  fail to credit Ryan for the equally PERFECT throw.  The throw was tougher than the catch IMO...it had zero margin of error.

Edited by Falconsin2012
runshoot likes this

Posted (edited)

High profile yet kind of boring, big contract, not Vick, and QB'd during arguably the worst choke loss in the history of sports. He's a great player, but there will always be detractors unless he wins the big one (and probably some after that as well). 

Edited by Borat
Halcon-1 likes this

I stay out too late, got nothin' in my brain
That's what people say, mmm hmm, that's what people say, mmm hmm
I go on too many dates, but I can't make 'em stay
At least that's what people say mmm mmm, that's what people say mmm mmm
But I keep cruising, can't stop, won't stop moving
It's like I got this music in my mind, sayin' gonna be alright
'Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
I shake it off, I shake it off
Heartbreakers gonna break, break, break, break, break
And the fakers gonna fake, fake, fake, fake, fake
I'll never miss a beat, I'm lightning on my feet
And that's what they don't see mmm mmm, that's what they don't see mmm mmm
I'm dancing on my own (dancing on my own), I'll make the moves up as I go (moves up as I go)
And that's what they don't know mmm mmm, that's what they don't know mmm mmm
But I keep cruising, can't stop, won't stop grooving
It's like I got this music in my mind saying it's gonna be alright
And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
And the fakers gonna fake, fake, fake, fake, fake
I, I shake it off, I shake it off
Hey, hey, hey
Just think while you've been getting down and out about the liars and the dirty, dirty cheats in the world 
You could have been getting down to this sick beat
My ex-man brought his new girlfriend
She's like "oh my God", but I'm just gonna shake it
And to the fella over there with the hella good hair
Won't you come on over, baby, we can shake, shake, shake, yeah oh
And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate (haters gonna hate me)
And the fakers gonna fake, fake, fake, fake, fake (the fakers baby)

Matty dancing into 2019
FalconsIn2020 likes this

5 hours ago, FalconBlood23 said:

Whole bunch of bafoons.

If Matt Ryan would have gotten the job done at SB 51 that would have quited all of his haters.

5 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

It's so easy for these parakeets to criticize post fact. 

Buckys argument is flawed. You have to pay him 30 mil because that's what the market dictates. What is Ryan supposed to do?  Have his skills rise above and cover for all the other warts? Is he supposed to tackle too?  

Aaron Rodgers is the highest paid qb and his team had a losing record. Where is the hate for him?

Yea, people need to stop with the "Godgers" talk. Why not question Rodgers and his team's losing record if Ryan is to be the reason the Falcons suck? At least make the convo fair and unbiased?

1 hour ago, Borat said:

High profile yet kind of boring, big contract, not Vick, and QB'd during arguably the worst lost in the history of sports. He's a great player, but there will always be detractors unless he wins the big one (and probably some after that as well). 

pretty much this . . . no one is mistaking Ryan for Montana or Brady, but that doesn't take away from his skills, talent, and accomplishments as a top tier, MVP-caliber, probably future HoF QB in the NFL.

aer2033, Ergo Proxy and Geneaut like this

One area Ryan has to improve on is taking sacks.. I don't know if he takes them to keep his passers rating up (which has been a conspiracy theory of mine his career) or if he just panics under pressure and forgets to throw the ball away.. But Ryan takes way too many sacks that loses the team yards when he could just throw the ball away and reset the down. I hope and pray, whoever our new OC is drills in Ryan's head.. If you're under pressure step out of the pocket and ditch the ball.. We can't take 2-20's anymore because Ryan dosnt want to throw the ball away.. Sure it counts as a incomplete pass, but ultimately you save the yardage vs taking a sack in the back field.. This has got to be addressed and fixed 

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, likeriver said:

What counts as the big game? I've seen Ryan win the big game on every level except the super bowl. Monday night? Thursday night? Late season to secure playoffs? Win in the playoffs? Win the wildcard? Win on the road? Win the NFC Championship? He's made tons of big plays in big games. Even in the super bowl he made big plays. That pass to Julio should've ended it. The few times he didn't win the big game there was a total failing of the team (Douglas slipping, defense folding). He's made his share of mistakes but to act like he's allergic to the big moment is absurd and based on nothing but a recency bias and cherry picking.

Funny you brought up the play that JULIO made.  That pass was a PICK.  Julio is  the ONLY receiver in the game that makes that play.  The corner is right there in POSITION for the pick and Julio went up and took the ball away.  Julio saved Ryan and then the Falcons threw the game away...

Image result for julio jones super bowl gif

http://theundefeated.com/features/falcons-julio-jones-made-a-career-catch-but-the-pats-still-won-super-bowl-li/

Facing pressure, Ryan climbed the pocket, moved right and threw toward Jones, who was covered extremely well along the right sideline by cornerback Eric Rowe.

Despite Rowe having inside position on Jones, Ryan, throwing on the run, took a shot. The ball barely eluded Rowe’s hands. Jones made the grab behind Rowe, got his right foot down and then violently slammed down his left foot for a 27-yard gain. Making the play even more amazing was that Jones has battled foot problems this season.

Edited by slickgadawg

3 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

Your posts remind me a lot of Cowturd, actually.

Just bland windless air ....not even hot air, just air with no substance. 

18 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Funny you brought up the play that JULIO made.  That pass was a PICK.  Julio might be the ONLY receiver in the game that makes that play.  The corner is right there in POSITION for the pick and Julio went up and took the ball away.  Julio saved Ryan and then the Falcons threw the game away...

Image result for julio jones super bowl gif

http://theundefeated.com/features/falcons-julio-jones-made-a-career-catch-but-the-pats-still-won-super-bowl-li/

Facing pressure, Ryan climbed the pocket, moved right and threw toward Jones, who was covered extremely well along the right sideline by cornerback Eric Rowe.

Despite Rowe having inside position on Jones, Ryan, throwing on the run, took a shot. The ball barely eluded Rowe’s hands. Jones made the grab behind Rowe, got his right foot down and then violently slammed down his left foot for a 27-yard gain. Making the play even more amazing was that Jones has battled foot problems this season.

That ball couldn’t have been thrown any more perfectly. It was both a great pass and a career catch. 

Ergo Proxy and Vandy like this