FalconBlood23

Why so much hate for Ryan?

118 posts in this topic

It's so easy for these parakeets to criticize post fact. 

Buckys argument is flawed. You have to pay him 30 mil because that's what the market dictates. What is Ryan supposed to do?  Have his skills rise above and cover for all the other warts? Is he supposed to tackle too?  

Aaron Rodgers is the highest paid qb and his team had a losing record. Where is the hate for him?

FalconFan1st, Ergo Proxy and #55 like this

Matt Ryan will retire and be top 5 to top 3 in every all time QB stat in NFL history.

He will be HOF even without a SB. We are lucky as we are at least considered contenders as long as he is playing QB for us.

Geneaut and Halcon-1 like this

40 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

It's so easy for these parakeets to criticize post fact. 

Buckys argument is flawed. You have to pay him 30 mil because that's what the market dictates. What is Ryan supposed to do?  Have his skills rise above and cover for all the other warts? Is he supposed to tackle too?  

Aaron Rodgers is the highest paid qb and his team had a losing record. Where is the hate for him?

Even though Mike McCarthy's bad coaching landed him on the unemployment line, Rodgers played a role into him getting fired before the season was over.

I think people are frustrated with Matt, whether fans or not, because he’s proven to be good enough, but not necessarily THE guy.  He puts up phenomenal numbers, but people will always argue with the talent that he’s had around him he should be a perpetually feared QB in this league.  He should be on Brees, Brady, Rodgers level...not with regards to total wins or even championships, but more with how he’s viewed across the league.

I would say opponents definitely respect him, but they aren’t shaking in their boots to play him.

The other part is people just love to hate Atlanta.  It runs even throughout the city in the minds of all the transplants.  Most of them always bad mouth Atlanta, but they never leave.  It’s the same way across the nation.

40 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Lol. Only fools would listen to that clown. I don’t do any sports channels. Just watch the game live.

I can't stand the sound of his voice

I don't really watch sports shows either.. I watch and come here for info... 

I BEEN saying Ryan is a good quarterback but he is NOT a playmaker. Everything has to be perfect around him which is why he struggles in the redzone.  He can't extend plays.  He rarely runs when there are open lanes because the defense is in man coverage.  Because of this he does not STRESS a defense.

zekeyboy1 likes this

4 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

I think people are frustrated with Matt, whether fans or not, because he’s proven to be good enough, but not necessarily THE guy.  He puts up phenomenal numbers, but people will always argue with the talent that he’s had around him he should be a perpetually feared QB in this league.  He should be on Brees, Brady, Rodgers level...not with regards to total wins or even championships, but more with how he’s viewed across the league.

I would say opponents definitely respect him, but they aren’t shaking in their boots to play him.

The other part is people just love to hate Atlanta.  It runs even throughout the city in the minds of all the transplants.  Most of them always bad mouth Atlanta, but they never leave.  It’s the same way across the nation.

BINGO.  Defenses fear the weapons AROUND Ryan more than Ryan himself.  Thats the way it is.  I will give you a example.  Lamar Jackson is a ROOKIE with HORRIBLE accuracy.  Right now, TODAY a defense would rather face Ryan instead of Jackson because Jackson can extend plays and make just enough throws to stress the defense.  Yes, Ryan is a waay better quarteback than Jackson but that doesn't translate into making the big plays at the right time on the field.

In the redzone for instance, Jackson, like Wilson, like Rodgers, like Mayfield, like Vick used to do, they STRESS a defense in the redzone.  If you play man to man the quarterback will walk into the endzone. They also have the arm and courage to beat you down there. They trust their arm and they trust their number 1 to go get it.  Ryan gets into the redzone and gets all shaky and jittery and throws the ball out of bounds because he is afraid of the pick.

If this were Ryan, this would be a sack, INSTEAD its a touchdown in the redzone:

Image result for lamar jackson ravens touchdown gif

STRESSING the defense:

Related image

8 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

BINGO.  Defenses fear the weapons AROUND Ryan more than Ryan himself.  Thats the way it is.  I will give you a example.  Lamar Jackson is a ROOKIE with HORRIBLE accuracy.  Right now, TODAY a defense would rather face Ryan instead of Jackson because Jackson can extend plays and make just enough throws to stress the defense.  Yes, Ryan is a waay better quarteback than Jackson but that doesn't translate into making the big plays at the right time on the field.

In the redzone for instance, Jackson, like Wilson, like Rodgers, like Mayfield, like Vick used to do, they STRESS a defense in the redzone.  If you play man to man the quarterback will walk into the endzone. They also have the arm and courage to beat you down there. They trust their arm and they trust their number 1 to go get it.  Ryan gets into the redzone and gets all shaky and jittery and throws the ball out of bounds because he is afraid of the pick.

If this were Ryan, this would be a sack, INSTEAD its a touchdown in the redzone:

STRESSING the defense:

Related image

Whether people realize it or not teams do have to scheme for Ryan.

The only way to completely defend Julio, Sanu, and Ridley is to attack the guy who is throwing them the ball.

Ryan is deadly if he has time but he does at times feel pressure and throws it away or makes mistakes instead of making a play with his legs.

I think using Lamar Jackson as an example to how Ryan should play is not a good one because Jackson is going to get hurt eventually because he doesn't slide often and takes hits from defenders more than he should. Jackson is also a speed back playing QB right now, but he could be a monster if he improves on being more dangerous in the pocket as he is out of it.

slickgadawg and Sidecar Falcon like this

The falcons have always been an embarrassing franchise and people seem to ignore the fact that before Ryan this team was hardly ever good. Ryan had made this team look respectable for about a decade which has made people forget that it's still the ******* falcons. People delusionally think the Falcons are some doormant 14 win team that's being held back by "average" players, when in truth there's a handful of star players like Ryan and Julio that are saving this team from being the 2-14 limp drip of old chicken piss that it has been since the 70s.

34 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

STRESSING the defense:

Related image

More like you’d rather play a team with a terrible offense and you know your offense can keep up if your defense can at least slow them down. Ryan gets jittery because his Oline always lets him down. Our defense gives up a ton of points. He was most sacked by a fair margin. Don’t ignore the facts and cherry pick what makes your point work. He owns all of the records for best losing quarterback because his run game and defense generally let him down. 

When has Ryan ever a great defense to aid him like Wilson or Jackson?

Godzilla1985 likes this

This argument about Matt Ryan is getting old. If everyone would just picture a SEESAW, there's your Matt Ryan!

Yes, he puts up good numbers, but he's made his share of awful mistakes too! Stats are good, but they don't necessarily put trophies in the case.

Now, looking at it from a franchise point of view....I'd say yes, MR2 is the best this franchise has had. Looking at it league wide, there are others so much better.

Matty Ice is what he is.....Let's all accept it!

zekeyboy1 likes this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Early in the season Colin was weirdly captain of the Matt Ryan fan club.  Now hes bashing him.  Comical..

All these videos are from Week 1 & last season.  

Edited by Falconsin2012

3 minutes ago, E. T. said:

Matty Ice is what he is.....Let's all accept it!

Yes, end of discussion. Matty Ice is good enough for this franchise. And the comparison to Lamar Jackson is just wrong. Yes, he can run the ball, and he is going to be in the HOF just like Vince Young and RG3. I'm so impressed! However, his accuracy is not that good and eventually a QB with only one trick in his sleeve is going to be maintained eventually. Or else he will develop! I don't know, but at least don't compare a guy with a lot of experience to a freakin' rookie.

But what are the "experts" saying about Aaron Rodgers? The "best" QB or the  "GOAT" of the league should at least be in the play offs. I mean, he should be good enough to outplay any team by his capabilities alone. 

Ryan isn’t hip or have that “swagger”. He doesn’t do celebrations like most other QBs or have some catchy pregame breakdown chant. New age fans want that flashy, dual threat QB

Borat and Geneaut like this

56 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Whether people realize it or not teams do have to scheme for Ryan.

The only way to completely defend Julio, Sanu, and Ridley is to attack the guy who is throwing them the ball.

Ryan is deadly if he has time but he does at times feel pressure and throws it away or makes mistakes instead of making a play with his legs.

I think using Lamar Jackson as an example to how Ryan should play is not a good one because Jackson is going to get hurt eventually because he doesn't slide often and takes hits from defenders more than he should. Jackson is also a speed back playing QB right now, but he could be a moster if he improves on being more dangerous in the pocket as he is out of it.

Yes. Lamar will not last long if he doesn't become more wise with his decisions when running. 

35 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

More like you’d rather play a team with a terrible offense and you know your offense can keep up if your defense can at least slow them down. Ryan gets jittery because his Oline always lets him down. Our defense gives up a ton of points. He was most sacked by a fair margin. Don’t ignore the facts and cherry pick what makes your point work. He owns all of the records for best losing quarterback because his run game and defense generally let him down. 

When has Ryan ever a great defense to aid him like Wilson or Jackson?

The issue is for the kind of money he is making he is SUPPOSE to be ELITE with or without a defense...