Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gold4425

DAWGS APPLY FOR THE NFL

46 posts in this topic

Hardman, (PR/WR)  Nantu, (TE)  Holyfield, (RB) Ridley (WR)  and maybe J. R. Reed (S) have applied for the NFL Draft. I know we need to strengthen both sides of the lines first but with us possibly having two 4th and two 5th round picks, I wouldn't mind if TD drafted either one of these guys. Hardman can definitely help our PR/ ST, Holyfield runs hard. I like Nantu better than Saubert, J R Reed at safety and I think Ridley will be just as good as his brother. But we know TD and some on this Board don't like to draft UGA players even with all the success of former Bulldogs. Hopefully, the F O will be open to change this year.

NO thanks to UGA players. We dont want to conitnue to embrace suck mode! 

Clemson

Alabama

Oklahoma 

LSU

Michigan 

Wisconsin 

End of story.

39 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Clemson

Alabama

Oklahoma 

LSU

Michigan 

Wisconsin 

End of story.

Sadly my Badgers kinda sucked this year. With that being said, they still had pieces on their O-line. If we can get Michael Deiter, it could be a good pick up. The problem is that I’m not sure how he’d do in a zone blocking scheme. 

Can we please get whoever the top CB at Ohio State is? They just have been putting Studs into the NFL.

and as a Penn state guy that isn’t easy to say. McGovern is a tackle from PSU that may be worth keeping an eye on also. And RB Miles Sanders in the mid rounds. 

1 hour ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Clemson

Alabama

Oklahoma 

LSU

Michigan 

Wisconsin 

End of story.

I’m a Bama fan but this is unfair

The Daywalker likes this

55 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Clemson

Alabama

Oklahoma 

LSU

Michigan 

Wisconsin 

End of story.

That logic is how teams miss out on Walter Payton and Jerry Rice. Every year is different and every player is different. Some guys goal is just to make it in the NFL,others want to excel. Most players need to go to the right team, the right system. We saw it up close Roddy might not ever been Roddy without Robiskie, Ryan and Julio. As for the Badgers Konz,Ewing,Southward aint exactly pro bowl material Falcons. Just cant use blanket statements when it comes to draft picks. Duke Riley anyone or even Vic Beasley. Would think Simmons or Allen would fit in great here under Quinn but I dont care where a guy comes from 

1 minute ago, Knight of God said:

I’m a Bama fan but this is unfair

Exactly it's ******** players can come from anywhere.

How is Clemson truly doing as of right now outside of Gardy and Deshaun Watson? Same with Alabama where as UGA always keeping that streak alive of players in a Super Bowl right?

Knight of God likes this

1 hour ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Clemson

Alabama

Oklahoma 

LSU

Michigan 

Wisconsin 

End of story.

Khalil Mack and Aaron Donald might have something to say about this

dawgsfan426 likes this

25 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

I think Nauta has the talent to be elite in the NFL but that's the only one. The others may be good.

Until the NCAA comes up with a way to pay players, this trend of college players entering the NFL "too soon" will continue.  These players have no use for their scholarships and would rather be drafted in the 7th round this year and get $500K or so now.  If they stay another year, they might be drafted in the 3rd round next year and then get $700K or so but they might also get injured and not even be drafted.

The NFL really needs to treat colleges like "minor leagues" and should be able to draft players out of high school (or as soon as they appear good in college) and pay them right after they draft them.  More rounds probably but players do not then feel college is a barrier rather than a springboard.

Teams should then allow the players to play all four years in college without them feeling a risk to get to the pro field.  There will be players who end up being bad draft picks when they end up terrible in college, but plenty of players end up being busts in the baseball minor leagues and nobody complains.

papachaz and putnam6 like this

2 hours ago, atljbo said:

Hardman returning kicks in the Benz is a MUST

I'd prefer we wait for Waddle.

1 hour ago, AgapeElement said:

I'd take Holyfield in round 3, he won't last that long, but he'd be great here.

I think this is overrating Holyfield. It's rumored he got a day 3 grade (he's leaving because the 2020 RB draft class is staaaaccccckkkkeeeed) and it's not just us that has been, it's everybody that is starting to lean toward pass catching backs over that big grinder back. Some of those big backs are even good pass catchers along with that.

I might think about actually taking him in day 3...but I'm willing to wait and see if Freeman still has something to bring and waiting until that crazy draft class next year.

no need to waste a pick on a RB  a healthy Freeman will be our starter with Ito as the backup just sign a few UDFA's  to battle Hill for the 3rd spot.

2 hours ago, Drew4719 said:

They had to get out of uga after that embarrassing bowl game lol

some of those are PART of the reason for that embarrassing bowl loss. I don't know if I want a player moving from one of my favorite teams to the other,  who's more worried about his feelings being hurt over not getting to a game HE thought they deserved to be in instead of playing the game they WERE in....

and I'm UGA fan for most of my life, so if that upsets any of you dawg homers, I don't care because it's the truth

30 minutes ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

I think this is overrating Holyfield. It's rumored he got a day 3 grade (he's leaving because the 2020 RB draft class is staaaaccccckkkkeeeed) and it's not just us that has been, it's everybody that is starting to lean toward pass catching backs over that big grinder back. Some of those big backs are even good pass catchers along with that.

I might think about actually taking him in day 3...but I'm willing to wait and see if Freeman still has something to bring and waiting until that crazy draft class next year.

Well you know he'll kill it in the weight lifting portion..

1 hour ago, dirtybirds999 said:

Khalil Mack and Aaron Donald might have something to say about this

Anomoly cases are all over....unfortunately, we dont have ******** elite scouting department to pluck rough gems  of the mines.

Thats why I mentioned above programs .....you seldom can go wrong with it.

putnam6 likes this

I like Riley Ridley. He’s a different receiver than his brother, but he’s got nice hands, deceptively fast and tough. Be nice to grab him while Sanu is here. Maybe he ends up taking Sanu in the near future

oztin likes this

56 minutes ago, boss said:

no need to waste a pick on a RB  a healthy Freeman will be our starter with Ito as the backup just sign a few UDFA's  to battle Hill for the 3rd spot.

Freeman cant even stay healthy.