Happy Dirk Koetter Day!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Maltese Falcon said:

Today is the day.  Will the FO let him leave the ATL today?  If they do, maybe that indicates Kubiak could be on the way.  They said they wanted to make the decision quick and swift.  I guess we’ll see after the steak dinner tonight.

Just the opposite...DQ said they're in no rush due to other coaches they want to interview are still in the playoffs.   Whoever it is I just hope they'll know how to attack defenses with all the weapons we have.

27 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

They actually said they were planning to take their time and wanted to interview coaches from playoff teams. 

That's the thing that has me wondering....who on playoff teams are they exactly targeting? 

I honestly believe they have their guy in mind.....they're just going through the motions.

9 minutes ago, E. T. said:

That's the thing that has me wondering....who on playoff teams are they exactly targeting? 

I honestly believe they have their guy in mind.....they're just going through the motions.

Completely agree.  They didn’t fire Sark to not have a #1 candidate.  They aren’t shopping for ingredients without a dinner in mind.

42 minutes ago, Da_Truth said:

Just the opposite...DQ said they're in no rush due to other coaches they want to interview are still in the playoffs.   Whoever it is I just hope they'll know how to attack defenses with all the weapons we have.

Don't know why so many people feel the need to make stuff up. I'd like to see who our OC is soon too but all indications are that they're taking it slow.

Koetter will get the job, but it almost doesn't matter who gets it if the offensive line is not completely upgraded.  The O-line (beginning with losing both guards) was 80% of the problem, Sark was only about 15% of it. 

But I did want Sark gone, because I fully believe the Falcons just weren't going the right direction with him. 

(And I heard someone on the radio saying there was quite possibly other problems with Sark behind the scenes that could've hastened his exit.  That sounds likely to me because stat-wise, he wasn't that bad.  Just inconsistent.  )

2 hours ago, Maltese Falcon said:

Today is the day.  Will the FO let him leave the ATL today?  If they do, maybe that indicates Kubiak could be on the way.  They said they wanted to make the decision quick and swift.  I guess we’ll see after the steak dinner tonight.

Lol they literally said the opposite.

42 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Gase is my #1, bro. 

kubiak second.

My only concern with Gase is can he adapt his scheme to what Shanahan fundamentally implemented. It doesn't have to be a carbon copy, but the fundamental concepts should remain in place (outside zone married to the passing game).

Other than that, I have complete confidence in his ability as a playcaller.

3 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Quinn said we’re keeping the offensive system intact and sticking with outside zone. Therefore, if we hire Koetter:

1) Quinn lied; or

2) Quinn is an idiot. 

I don’t expect Koetter to be the guy. 

Yall act like good coaches cant adapt to the system... WHATEVER OC comes in will have t bend there system to what Matt and the Offense like to do... They just bring some of there style and playcalling

Am I the only one who thinks Bevell is not a terrible option? I mean, dude went to the super bowl with an offense that had no dynamic receivers and a bad o-line. I get he didn’t run the ball or whatever but almighty Shanahan’s offense couldn’t score in the second half of the super bowl, Bevell’s did. So...what am I missing?

4 minutes ago, PHALCONABERNATHY said:

Am I the only one who thinks Bevell is not a terrible option? I mean, dude went to the super bowl with an offense that had no dynamic receivers and a bad o-line. I get he didn’t run the ball or whatever but almighty Shanahan’s offense couldn’t score in the second half of the super bowl, Bevell’s did. So...what am I missing?

We scored on the first possession of the third quarter. Got into scoring territory twice after. One resulted in sack fumble, the other boneheaded situational coaching.

I am guessing Zac Taylor if it is someone in the playoffs. 

Although....Can only HC interviews happen during the bye week? If you can interview for position coaches as well, it narrows down the teams and folks Q is interested in since we haven’t looked at anyone from Rams, Saints, Pats or Cheifs.

21 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Koetter means this franchise doesn't learn from it's mistskes. I don't want to see another blatant mistake that holds us back another couple of years.

How was he a mistake? We had some pretty nice offense under him, his offenses are why he became a HC after all.