Alabama vs Clemson 2019 - College Football National Championship

RandomFan

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

Georgia offense isn't close to being as good as Clemson. Quinnen Williams is talking like a kid that got his lunch taken

I think he's talking like the only Alabama player that was worth a **** last night defensively

10 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

Georgia offense isn't close to being as good as Clemson. Quinnen Williams is talking like a kid that got his lunch taken

I don' t think it is.  Georgia obviously isn't flashy offensively but  the results are (usually)  effective. 

http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/teamratings/_/sort/offEfficiency/tab/efficiency

And even with all of the busted coverages and big plays by Clemson, our offensive numbers against Bama were similar.  Our weaknesses on defense hurt us in that game. 

2 hours ago, frankly88 said:

I don' t think it is.  Georgia obviously isn't flashy offensively but  the results are (usually)  effective. 

http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/teamratings/_/sort/offEfficiency/tab/efficiency

And even with all of the busted coverages and big plays by Clemson, our offensive numbers against Bama were similar.  Our weaknesses on defense hurt us in that game. 

Most Georgia people are trying to save face because they actually thought Bams would walk all over Clemson when I tried to tell them that wont happened.

3 hours ago, frankly88 said:

yeah i see a few uga fans in here believe we weren't close to clemson, but that is 100% false.. our offensive effeciency was better than Clemson so whether people think williams is bitter or not what he says isn't farfetched at all.  our weakness was indeed our defense (which needs to be fixed by kirby).  clemson's defense was freaking stellar in the red zone.. absolutely amazing what they did to bama's offense. 

https://247sports.com/college/alabama/Article/Alabama-Clemson-national-championship-ratings-viewership-2019-127519832/

Clemson's blowout win over Alabama delivers ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU/ESPNews a 14.6 overnight rating. Lowest for a college football national championship since Bama-LSU in 2012 (13.8 just on ESPN). Thriller last year with Bama-Georgia got a 16.7. 

Fans just don't want to see another clemson/bama final period.  It's old and the game wasn't very good at all.  You have a bad game and frankly fans are sick of seeing the same teams you have a low rating.  If this happens against next year you will have another horrible rating. 

yeah i see a few uga fans in here believe we weren't close to clemson, but that is 100% false.. our offensive effeciency was better than Clemson so whether people think williams is bitter or not what he says isn't farfetched at all.  our weakness was indeed our defense (which needs to be fixed by kirby).  clemson's defense was freaking stellar in the red zone.. absolutely amazing what they did to bama's offense. 

When your defense shows up like Clemsons did...it allows the opposing Offense to get the momentum and wear Bama's "D" down. Those guys (Bama) were gassed. Then Bama's offense got desperate trying to catch up which = mistakes. It's a snowball effect at that point.

2 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

Most Georgia people are trying to save face because they actually thought Bama would walk all over Clemson when I tried to tell them that wont happened.

It  has nothing to do with saving face.  I am rather enjoying the outcome of  that game to be honest.   But we are discussing the Q Williams comment that statistically has some validity to it. 

Edited by frankly88

7 minutes ago, frankly88 said:

It  has nothing to do with saving face.  I am rather enjoying the outcome of  that game to be honest.   But we are discussing the Q Williams comment that statistically has some validity to it. 

yep.. bingo..  facts back up his comment while others want to dismiss it. 

I lend his comment credence only in that Bama shot themselves in the foot so many times. Neither defense could really stop the other team and Bama had some really questionable offensive play calls in short yardage situations. Bamas defense played like hot garbage for the most part.

I don’t think UGA’s offense was better than Clemson though. We did well against the teams we could physically overwhelm with talent. Against Auburn, LSU, Bama, I believe we averaged something like 25 points over the past 2 years and never scored more than 28... which is more than 10 points below our season average in either year.

16 minutes ago, Carter said:

I lend his comment credence only in that Bama shot themselves in the foot so many times. Neither defense could really stop the other team and Bama had some really questionable offensive play calls in short yardage situations. Bamas defense played like hot garbage for the most part.

I don’t think UGA’s offense was better than Clemson though. We did well against the teams we could physically overwhelm with talent. Against Auburn, LSU, Bama, I believe we averaged something like 25 points over the past 2 years and never scored more than 28... which is more than 10 points below our season average in either year.

The Top Billin guy had questioned Bama's speed and overall talent in the secondary and he was right.  They got absolutely thrashed.  

That one area of weakness we didn't or weren't able to take full advantage of in the SECCG and THAT is why I think we should develop a more dynamic passing game - games against elite talent defenses. 

Edited by frankly88

42 minutes ago, frankly88 said:

Whatever you say brother. I remember all the complaining about Chaney and how he got conservative. Talent wise UGA is right there with Clemson on offense except for QB. But as far as playcalling and execution I dont see it

Bama's defense had a chance to prove Clemson offense was overrated and not that good. But they couldn't do it. Whatever any Bama's defensive player says after the fact means nothing. You had a chance and you couldn't get the job done. I tell all my players that. Dont talk after a loss. You sound like a coward

57 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

yep.. bingo..  facts back up his comment while others want to dismiss it. 

His comments ring true in the fact that Bama was able to stop the run against Clemson and there were some just break downs in coverages that bit us in the arse. Their receivers made some incrediable plays, not taking anything away from Lawerence, but freaking plays. I mean we get a hand up and block a pass and it goes into the hands of a Clemson receiver who makes positive yards! Our DB is in coverage and falls down and twists his ankle and is carted off the field, they score a TD. A ball is tipped by the rceiver 2-3 times and he catches it for 20-25 yeards.

In NO WAY am I saying Clemson did not deserve to win, they beat us. But I will say, Q has a point.

1 hour ago, youngbloodz said:

Whatever you say brother. I remember all the complaining about Chaney and how he got conservative. Talent wise UGA is right there with Clemson on offense except for QB. But as far as playcalling and execution I dont see it

That complaint with Chaney  still stands 100% IMO.    But the stats show that Georgia executed at a very high level most of the season. It's  just execution of a different style of offense.  

24 minutes ago, frankly88 said:

That complaint with Chaney  still stands 100% IMO.    But the stats show that Georgia executed at a very high level most of the season. It's  just execution of a different style of offense.  

They did that. I agree. But with Bama once they adjusted it seems like UGA didn't. 

1 hour ago, UAB_DAWG said:

Those types of plays always seemed to fall in Bama's favor in the past. That night they didn't. 

That game showed when the breaks don't fall their way and the refs aren't in their corner Bama is very beatable. 

I love how everyone think we have the refs in our pockets. I looked up a statistical breakdown post from Michigan site claiming that Michigan is always getting screwed by refs.
https://mgoblog.com/diaries/offensiv...yond-part-deux

Let's just quote the most pertinent part: "Since 2012, Alabama has drawn a holding once every 260 plays. That is nearly 2.5 times the average."

I am not so sure that shows we have refs in our corner.

43 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

I love how everyone think we have the refs in our pockets. I looked up a statistical breakdown post from Michigan site claiming that Michigan is always getting screwed by refs.
https://mgoblog.com/diaries/offensiv...yond-part-deux

Let's just quote the most pertinent part: "Since 2012, Alabama has drawn a holding once every 260 plays. That is nearly 2.5 times the average."

I am not so sure that shows we have refs in our corner.

You’re wasting your time.