Alabama vs Clemson 2019 - College Football National Championship

RandomFan

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I never said they would repeat- just that they are virtual lock for Final 4 again.  Who in ACC is even close? If you say “Syracuse” then well...:ninja:

They only need to lose once to put them on the outside looking in. Two losses and they are out for sure. Syracuse, while not a very good team, is a pain in their ***. They have to play Texas A&M. South Carolina absolutely lit up that defense. FSU was hot garbage this season but who knows in year 2.

Just giving my way too early opinion lol. They could miss the playoffs. You have to recruit OL consistently well to be consistently good and their OL recruiting has been trash the past few years.

FSU was preseason #3 last year (2017) when their OL was absolutely terrible and they ended up 7-6. I’m just saying!

Clemson could definitely win the ACC, I really don’t doubt that they will, but the ACC isn’t guaranteed a spot in the playoff. I’m gonna have to see how their OL plays next season before I can consider them a lock to be in the playoff again.

36 minutes ago, Carter said:

#1 team hasn’t won the CFP national title yet so :shrug::lol: 

I was thinking about that last night. Both times we were #1 going into playoffs we lost the natty to Clemson and the other time we lost to #4 Ohio State. Just another weird thing about college football, gotta love it!

PLEASE let's be #2-4 next year if we get in!!

4 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

I was thinking about that last night. Both times we were #1 going into playoffs we lost the natty to Clemson and the other time we lost to #4 Ohio State. Just another weird thing about college football, gotta love it!

PLEASE let's be #2-4 next year if we get in!!

Right? :lol: I was seriously just thinking about that looking at some of the way too early 2019 rankings. Like hmmmm maybe Clemson should just stay #1 and then maybe we can get in at #2-4. :lol: 

4 hours ago, mqg96 said:

But in 2020 if we beat Bama early on in Tuscaloosa with the veteran team we'll have, then we may not have to worry about them in the postseason. That's my point. I believe in it. 

Thats a good point simply because Texas A and M is gonna get good.  Its not gonna be easy for Georgia regardless for that reason.  Georgia Tech is gonna get good under their new coach also.  Kentucky is still there. Florida is getting better.   Georgia can't just walk into a championship. They have to get better and learn to close out games...

8 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Thats a good point simply because Texas A and M is gonna get could.  Its not gonna be easy for Georgia regardless for that reason.  Georgia Tech is gonna get good under their new coach also.  Kentucky is still there. Florida is getting better.   Georgia can't just walk into a championship. They have to get better and learn to close out games...

All these teams you just named we closed out..this doom and gloom and thing is old

Hale part of me thinks UGA needs to run a gauntlet of teams because they lose focus and start thinking they are better than they are.

Yea they closed the gap a bit on Bama but look at where Clemson is. Dawgs need to keep recruiting and keep chopping wood. Aint nothing guaranteed.  

Interesting reports from the local media about Bama players being unhappy and disgruntled enough after the game to speak to reporters about it. This coming from a beat writer in the locker room. Most of it regarding offensive play calling and guys not getting touches. Good to know it’s not just us that deals with locker room stuff. 

Also I think it’ll be interesting to see what Saban does with DC. Lupoi is a great recruiter but this was not a great Bama defense. I wouldn’t be surprised if they hired a new Co-Defensive coordinator to call plays and try to keep Lupoi on staff as well. 

6 hours ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Not taking away from the play of Clemson, but what happened to our team last night? We did not play to our standard. Was it due to Clemson's playing and coaching, or us just not making plays and some questionable play calls?

I think it is a little of both.

Whatever the cause, we got our rear ends spanked, badly! Kudos to Cleamson.

I am still and always will be proud of my Tide! There is always next year.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

It was a lot. Clemson played a near perfect game and we played our worst game of the year. 

2 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

The crazies come out after Alabama loses. First loss by 28 points in over 20 years 

What a bunch of spoiled entitled punks.  They can't have 1 down game in like forever.  Man those type of fans are crazy.  I'm not a Bama fan but Saban is the GOAT.  No one is going to duplicate what he did at Bama in the amount of time he did it.

Wow...

Just now, tl;dr said:

The crazies come out after Alabama loses. First loss by 28 points in over 20 years 

I was just getting ready to post the exact same thing!

These are not the REAL Bama fans. I don't believe for 1 second this guy who says he has had tickets for all his entire years and this does it for him. REALLY, where was he there during the Shula years, the Debose years, coach Fran years,  when it was a sad state of affairs, I call BS on  him!

And the guy who says he has been donating for 34 years and this is it, BS! No way after 34 years this is it, how about the 24 years of losing after Stallings before Saban, you were okay with that?

I truly hate these fans, they give the real fans a bad name, crawl back into your hole and STHU!

RTR

1 minute ago, Black Francis said:

Dabo is not leaving Clemson for Alabama. He’s building his own legacy at Clemson and who wants to follow Saban? Always being compared to Saban. Also, it appears that Clemson has a much easier road to the final 4 for years to come. 

Exactly!! Nobody wants to be the next in line at Bama and have to deal with that crap. Just as Ray Perkins and Bill Curry how that worked out for them being the next in lines after Bear. Curry had a brick thrown through his office window after a loss to Kentucky.

3 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Exactly!! Nobody wants to be the next in line at Bama and have to deal with that crap. Just as Ray Perkins and Bill Curry how that worked out for them being the next in lines after Bear. Curry had a brick thrown through his office window after a loss to Kentucky.

I remember it well. Some Bama fans are delusional.  

2 hours ago, putnam6 said:

Hale part of me thinks UGA needs to run a gauntlet of teams because they lose focus and start thinking they are better than they are.

Yea they closed the gap a bit on Bama but look at where Clemson is. Dawgs need to keep recruiting and keep chopping wood. Aint nothing guaranteed.  

Clemson had a ton of seniors on that team specifically that Dline ...Georgia is a young team ..we been closed the gap players need time to grow. 

8 hours ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Not taking away from the play of Clemson, but what happened to our team last night? We did not play to our standard. Was it due to Clemson's playing and coaching, or us just not making plays and some questionable play calls?

I think it is a little of both.

Whatever the cause, we got our rear ends spanked, badly! Kudos to Cleamson.

I am still and always will be proud of my Tide! There is always next year.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

Always stay true. RTR sister. 

4 hours ago, Macknsweetjones said:

All these teams you just named we closed out..this doom and gloom and thing is old

yep i am getting real sick of dawg fans continually to trash our team because clemson won..  we had a team made up of 68% sophomores and freshman who are going to continue to irmprove.  this doom and gloom stuff is pure crap..  we have finished all of our games against those teams mentioned as you said except when we went up against bama and kirby and this staff will figure that out.  I have no doubt they will.  our fans need to enjoy this process.  UGA is in for a great ride. 

Quinnen Williams said Georgia and Oklahoma have better offenses than Clemson, all the breaks just went against them last night and everything went right for Clemson. :ninja:

Uhhhh... yeah it was a pretty even game if you don’t consider the touchdowns. :lol: Although a couple of Clemson’s long TD plays were straight up busted coverages and the early pick 6 obviously wasn’t Clemson’s o.

Still... just take the whoopin sir and move on. Kinda reminds me of Florida players 2 years in a row now saying they had the better team despite losing by 3 or more touchdowns.

24 minutes ago, Carter said:

Quinnen Williams said Georgia and Oklahoma have better offenses than Clemson, all the breaks just went against them last night and everything went right for Clemson. :ninja:

Uhhhh... yeah it was a pretty even game if you don’t consider the touchdowns. :lol: Although a couple of Clemson’s long TD plays were straight up busted coverages and the early pick 6 obviously wasn’t Clemson’s o.

Still... just take the whoopin sir and move on. Kinda reminds me of Florida players 2 years in a row now saying they had the better team despite losing by 3 or more touchdowns.

Well he kind of has a point. Bama put up 500 yards of offense but kept shooting themselves in the foot. Had 1st and goal 3 different times and only came away with 3 points. Terrible turnovers. Lost a CB to injury during a play that turned into a long TD. Definitely got outplayed and outcoached but what he said isn't really much of a stretch. 

Archived