RandomFan

Alabama vs Clemson 2019 - College Football National Championship

443 posts in this topic

did yall see where where they are starting a pro league for football players in California, that dont or cant get into college Pacific Pro League 8 teams in California. 

2 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

That's why I created the "I'm done with Jim Chaney" thread on this forum and over at the dawgnation website, and several delusional people are pissed off at me. He's the reason we ran off Fields and the reason all of our best juniors on the offensive side are going to the NFL early. I wouldn't be surprised if UGA's offense takes a step back next season. Georgia had back to back 1000+ yard rushers with Chubb/Michel and Swift/Holyfield back to back years and Jake Fromm hasn't developed much. We've only made him a game manager who relies on a heavy run game and if our run game gets stopped we can't convert 3rd & longs. We don't use our tight ends enough either, which is why our 5 star tight end is transferring to Illinois. I'm done with Chaney and as long as he's still, UGA is still gonna be stuck with the same old school outdated offense. 

Luke Ford actually transferred to Illinois because he’s from Illinois and has a close relationship with his grandfather who is in poor health. But carry on. Chaney does suck. So does Kirby’s offensive philosophy/stubbornness.

2 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

Yes, Clemson is aggressive on both sides of the ball, not conservative.

We started aggressive in the first half of both games, but got ultra conservative in the 2nd 

That's why I created the "I'm done with Jim Chaney" thread on this forum and over at the dawgnation website, and several delusional people are pissed off at me. He's the reason we ran off Fields and the reason all of our best juniors on the offensive side are going to the NFL early. I wouldn't be surprised if UGA's offense takes a step back next season. Georgia had back to back 1000+ yard rushers with Chubb/Michel and Swift/Holyfield back to back years and Jake Fromm hasn't developed much. We've only made him a game manager who relies on a heavy run game and if our run game gets stopped we can't convert 3rd & longs. We don't use our tight ends enough either, which is why our 5 star tight end is transferring to Illinois. I'm done with Chaney and as long as he's still, UGA is still gonna be stuck with the same old school outdated offense. 

Luke Ford actually left as he has a sick grandparent.

But I'm starting to wonder if Jake Fromm being well developed coming in already hides Chaney's issues as when he came in, the offense just took off big time.

mqg96 likes this

15 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Trevor Lawrence > Jake Fromm

He’s the difference and Clemson is so much more aggressive.

It’s not even close.   He better than Tua too

g-dawg likes this

If this rout continues, and no reason to think it won’t in 2nd half, then Kirby really needs to consider a more aggressive re-set if we get new OC - not only to beat Bama, but Clemson and Oklahoma as well.   Otherwise, what’s the point of having all those 5-stars?

mqg96, frankly88 and FalconsIn2012 like this

1 minute ago, youngbloodz said:

I'm not surprised by Trevor playing well. And I told everyone Bama's defense this year isn't great like years past

We’ll see how Bama adjusts in the 2nd half. So far I’m very wrong about how I thought this one would go. Bama is getting whipped.

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

I'm not surprised by Trevor playing well. And I told everyone Bama's defense this year isn't great like years past

I didn't think this was a typical Bama defense but Clemson hasn't played like this against much lesser defenses including ND.  Tua's mistakes is what has really killed them.  Outside of the TO's its an even game with Bama probably leading by TD.

Edited by frankly88

As a South Carolina fan, this is rough.  We play both of these teams next year.  Y'all *might* be the third best team we play.  What a nightmare.

Lawrence is looking like he could keep Clemson on top for the next two years too.  I kept expecting/praying for him to choke this year... It ain't happening.  We need to tank for this dude as Ryan's replacement

I thought Tua was a dual threat QB?  unless he is more injured than he is leading on, he doesn't look very mobile at all.  Also, the longer this game goes on, the more Lawrence looks like a total miss for us and the more obvious it is that we need to retool our offense!

2 minutes ago, Carter said:

We’ll see how Bama adjusts in the 2nd half. So far I’m very wrong about how I thought this one would go. Bama is getting whipped.

I think the biggest issue for them is Tua. He just looks confused. But you know Saban will make adjustments. Will be interesting to see how Clemson counters

2 minutes ago, frankly88 said:

I didn't think this was a typical Bama defense but Clemson hasn't played like this against much lesser defenses including ND.  Tua's mistakes is what has really killed them.  Outside of the TO's its an even game with Bama probably leading by TD.

Clemson confused Tua. This wasn't a fumble. He saw one coverage but it was another. That's just great coaching by Brent Venables 

4 minutes ago, Cockybrit said:

I thought Tua was a dual threat QB?  unless he is more injured than he is leading on, he doesn't look very mobile at all.  Also, the longer this game goes on, the more Lawrence looks like a total miss for us and the more obvious it is that we need to retool our offense!

Lawrence would be sitting behind Fromm...

Just now, youngbloodz said:

Clemson confused Tua. This wasn't a fumble. He saw one coverage but it was another. That's just great coaching by Brent Venables 

Sure its good coaching but its also carelessness by Tua.  He threw both passes before he even saw if the WR was covered and the WR had no shot at either pass. 

1 minute ago, frankly88 said:

Sure its good coaching but its also carelessness by Tua.  He threw both passes before he even saw if the WR was covered and the WR had no shot at either pass. 

Tua has played like that all year. This is him and Brent Venables knows it

frankly88 likes this