RandomFan

Alabama vs Clemson 2019 - College Football National Championship

443 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Carter said:

Well I saw it on Ugasports... no one was talking about him coming to UGA or even wanting him though. It was more like speculation about the locker room rumors and changes Saban will probably be making now.

On the Bama boards they were posting the posts from other school message boards about him in the portal.

Saban making lots of changes and needs to lock down solid coordinators that will stay more than a year. Stuff to do with a successful program, GA knows!

Wardog357 likes this

54 minutes ago, Carter said:

Well I saw it on Ugasports... no one was talking about him coming to UGA or even wanting him though. It was more like speculation about the locker room rumors and changes Saban will probably be making now.

It seems like there were some issues, but I don't know if they were as bad as everyone initially thought. I think a lot of it was a product of the team getting their *** kicked honestly. 

Alabama DT Quinnen Willams not impressed by Trevor Lawrence.

Called a "once-in-a-generation" quarterback by several analysts following his 347-yard, three-touchdown performance in Monday's national championship game, Clemson true freshman Trevor Lawrence's rapid ascension to nationwide stardom has already generated No. 1 pick in 2021 buzz.

Lawrence was at his best on third down vs. Alabama, moving the chains twice in long-yardage situations and connecting with Tee Higgins in the end zone on third-and-goal from the 5 during a 12-play statement drive in the third quarter that proved the final tally.

This is what makes Crimson Tide defensive tackle Quinnen Williams' public denial of Lawrence's stellar outing in the post-game a bit of a head-scratcher.

“No, they really didn’t do anything that caught us off guard. We knew everything was coming. We ran a zone and they ran go routes. 50-50 balls,” Williams said, via AL.com. “Trevor Lawrence threw the ball up — it ain’t like he just put it on the money, dropped dimes, none of that. He just threw them up and the receivers made plays. You’ve got to give all the respect to the receivers.”

Lawrence's over-the-top strike to Higgins for 62 yards in the first quarter on Clemson's second possession led to Travis Etienne's touchdown run a few plays later, giving the Tigers an early lead and proving things may come easy the rest of the way against Alabama's vaunted defense.

By definition, that was dime.

No doubt the Odell Beckham-like grab from Justyn Ross in the second half was more receiver than quarterback, but Lawrence was incredibly accurate with pinpoint precision after early shakiness — 8 for 11 in the second half — against the Crimson Tide and detonated Alabama's secondary with several chunk plays.

"He just threw 50-50 balls," Williams said. "He threw it up. They have receivers that make plays and their receivers made plays.”

Putting Lawrence's historic season and individual outing vs. Alabama into perspective, the nation's top-ranked player in the 2018 class per the 247Sports Composite finished with final numbers as a first-year player better than all of the elite-level prospects in recent memory that preceded him — 3,280 yards, 30 TD, 4 INT, 65.2 completion percentage — including Jalen Hurts, Josh Rosen and Jake Fromm.

"Trevor Lawrence is a special talent,” Alabama coach Nick Saban said after the game. “I saw him when he was a sophomore and he was a special player as a sophomore in high school. And he’s playing in a good system, a good scheme, that’s somewhat similar to what he played in high school. We have 7-on-7s all over the country, we’ve got great quarterback coaches that help these guys develop early in their careers, but Trevor has always been a special talent in my mind and it doesn’t surprise me.

"He’s got he right stuff as a person, and he’s played phenomenally well for his team this year.”

https://247sports.com/Article/Trevor-Lawrence-Clemson-Alabama-Quinnen-Williams-not-impressed-playoff-college-football-127629100/

Clemson definitely had a lot of open catches that didn't require Lawrence to be accurate. Seems like most of their big chunk plays and long touchdowns were on the receiver being pretty wide open and making the catch.

Williams is salty af though lol

youngbloodz likes this

2 hours ago, Carter said:

Clemson definitely had a lot of open catches that didn't require Lawrence to be accurate. Seems like most of their big chunk plays and long touchdowns were on the receiver being pretty wide open and making the catch.

Williams is salty af though lol

Never seen so many busted coverages from a Saban defense

BamaBirdLady likes this

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Looked more like Oklahoma’s defense that night.

6 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I think we really missed Christain Miller more than anyone thought we would! He was the MAN on defense, getting guys in the right place, and his leadership on the field.

His injury was a HUGE.

Falcons In 2012 likes this

2 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

I think we really missed Christain Miller more than anyone thought we would! He was the MAN on defense, getting guys in the right place, and his leadership on the field.

His injury was a HUGE.

No doubt.  But a Saban defense is always disciplined in the secondary.  Not used to seeing them out of sync on the back end

BamaBirdLady likes this

30 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

No doubt.  But a Saban defense is always disciplined in the secondary.  Not used to seeing them out of sync on the back end

We lost our top 6 DB's from last year. The talent level is just as good as ever, but experience matters a lot. I think that really hurt them. It also hurt that the MIKE LB is playing out of position. 

BamaBirdLady likes this

3 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

No he is just causing the shutdown with his stupid and idoictic demand 

We will disagree on that completely..  let's stop with the political commentary on this forum please everyone.. that nonsense is over on another forum.  if we get more political comments i will just remove them all.  

i have removed the political posts.. if you have a question about something pm me.. thanks. 

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 0:41 PM, Falconsfan567 said:

South Carolina fans are happy he's gone. Seemed like he was there for 10 years.

He will be playing on Saturday in Senior Bowl, of course it will be good for him as a 10th year senior!

So glad he is gone!