RandomFan

Alabama vs Clemson 2019 - College Football National Championship

443 posts in this topic

The big game is only 3 days away, let's get this party started. 

If you're so inclined to burn an hour, here is a preview of the game from the College Football Nerds. Their picks are both for Bama, 42-24 and 40-24, and that Oklahoma was a tougher matchup for them than Clemson. 

SacFalcFan likes this

Posted (edited)

Not watching. Goodbye college football until August 2019. I refuse to watch the Tide win an 18th national championship or Clemson win 2 over 3 against the team we can't beat and yet have another rival have one more national title than us. 

Edited by mqg96

I dont know how you can bet against Bama,Ill watch but I aint stoked to watch like I used to be watching a Natty.  

Not gonna be close.

But of course I am going to watch. Last college football game at all for 8 months. I don’t give two craps about the NFL playoffs this year unless we get Bears or Rams vs KC. 

I'm glad you all are confident in a Bama win. I am so nervous!

Clemson has an awesome defense and their OL is just as good. If we can get pressure on Lawrence,  I think that will be the difference. 

Also, our OL needs to stand up against their DL. As you all know, GA was able to disrupt Tua so much and knocked him out. If they get to him like you guys did, I don't have a good feeling. 

But, Roll Tide anyway!

18 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Clemson has an awesome defense and their OL is just as good. If we can get pressure on Lawrence,  I think that will be the difference. 

Also, our OL needs to stand up against their DL. As you all know, GA was able to disrupt Tua so much and knocked him out. If they get to him like you guys did, I don't have a good feeling. 

But, Roll Tide anyway!

Bama has already played a tougher opponent in Oklahoma. And they played a tougher opponent than Oklahoma in Georgia. This will only be their 3rd most difficult game of the season; they have no business losing this game. 

g-dawg likes this

1 hour ago, RandomFan said:

Bama has already played a tougher opponent in Oklahoma. And they played a tougher opponent than Oklahoma in Georgia. This will only be their 3rd most difficult game of the season; they have no business losing this game. 

I hope you are right! Still remember the the game they beat us for national championship. 

Hate pulling for bama but I’ll hate em even more if they don’t win - CLEMSON all time hated team, not even close. Dex Laurence not playing should help, te as well

4 hours ago, BamaBirdLady said:

But, Roll Tide anyway!

All Bama fans share these feelings lol...

Roll Tide!

BamaBirdLady likes this

14 hours ago, mqg96 said:

Not watching. Goodbye college football until August 2019. I refuse to watch the Tide win an 18th national championship or Clemson win 2 over 3 against the team we can't beat and yet have another rival have one more national title than us. 

*17th

1941 doesn't count. 

12 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

*17th

1941 doesn't count. 

A whole lot of those that Bama claims don't count. :munch:

10 hours ago, RandomFan said:

A whole lot of those that Bama claims don't count. :munch:

For me to try and argue this would be like swinging a bat at a hornet's nest. Not going there, but will say hmmm.

14 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

For me to try and argue this would be like swinging a bat at a hornet's nest. Not going there, but will say hmmm.

People say this because several of the titles were awarded before the bowl games. Yeah that seems ridiculous now, but that's how the system was back then lol

1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

People say this because several of the titles were awarded before the bowl games. Yeah that seems ridiculous now, but that's how the system was back then lol

It was the way the system worked back then, but us Bama people just roll eyes when this comes up every year we are playing for another 

Lawrence is going to light up that defense. Question is will he make key mistakes. Clemson goes into the 4th with the lead. I just don't know if they can hold it. Dabo is my favorite college coach so I'm pulling for him. And Joey King is a personal friend so I'm hoping Lawrence can get it done

12 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Watching this game is like being forced into an arranged marriage where you get to choose between two very ugly girls.  

Pull for Clempsun

Since Bama is adding titles I will too: everyone knows if Miami gets in the BCS game against Oklahoma in 2000 we would have skull crushed them. They beat FSU 13-6 I believe. We beat then number 1 FSU 27-21. Yeah we lost to Washington but if we had 3 more minutes we would have won. 2002: I don't even need to talk about this bs and how we got robbed by the refs. 7 time world championships Miami Hurricanes 

4 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Since Bama is adding titles I will too: everyone knows if Miami gets in the BCS game against Oklahoma in 2000 we would have skull crushed them. They beat FSU 13-6 I believe. We beat then number 1 FSU 27-21. Yeah we lost to Washington but if we had 3 more minutes we would have won. 2002: I don't even need to talk about this bs and how we got robbed by the refs. 7 time world championships Miami Hurricanes 

that was one of the worst PI calls ever..  never should have happened.. late flag.. just bogus all around. 

19 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

that was one of the worst PI calls ever..  never should have happened.. late flag.. just bogus all around. 

Still hurts to this day Sac. 

Some of you might think less of me for this, but I've never watched one of these (now traditional) Bama vs Clemson championship games, and I don't plan on changing that tonight. It's definitely immature of me, but I just get too disgusted to watch.

Do I suck?