lostnmexico

Why Falcons should NEVER let Grimes anywhere near Atlanta

44 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Four-time Pro Bowl corner has bizarre explanation for his ugly season with the Buccaneers

Brent Grimes was apparently offended after the Buccaneers gave him a tough defensive assignment in Week 3

When Buccaneers cornerback Brent Grimes officially becomes a free agent in March, don't look for him to be making a return to Tampa Bay, and that's because he apparently isn't a very big fan of the team. 

During an interview this week, Grimes had multiple complaints to make about the Bucs, and it seems his biggest complaint was that the team asked him to shadow Antonio Brown in Week 3. Apparently, Grimes, who made $7 million in base salary in 2018, felt the Buccaneers weren't paying him enough to justify a tough defensive assignment like that. 

"I just couldn't agree with it," Grimes told his wife Miko on her #IHeartMikoPodcast, via ESPN.com. "It's just disrespectful. People who follow receivers all the time, unless they're on a rookie contract or trying to get paid, are usually making $13-15 million a year."

According to Grimes, he was so upset by the Buccaneers' request that it ruined his mindset for the season and caused him to have a bad year.  

"That's not right. It's disrespectful," Grimes said. "It just f---ed up my whole vibe for the whole year, to be completely honest. It's just disrespectful. I just felt disrespected."

To sum this up: The Buccaneers asked Grimes to do his job and then he got offended because he didn't feel they were paying him enough to do what they asked him to do. To add to the drama, Grimes was benched during the second half of Tampa Bay's 48-10 loss to the Bears in Week 4, which was just one week after the Brown incident. 

Grimes, who just finished his third seasons with the Buccaneers, also said that the coaching staff took his spirit away. 

"It was gone. The whole year," Grimes said. "From training camp -- it was gone."

According to Miko, her husband was so upset with the Bucs that he thought about skipping Tampa Bay's Week 17 game against the Falcons

"Before that week, you wanted to pull an Antonio Brown," Miko Grimes said. "You told the coaches that you were not playing Sunday. You [were] like, 'F--- this, I'm not playing. I'm sick of y'all. You benched me twice for some dumb s---.'"

With free agency right around the corner, this podcast probably wasn't the best way for Grimes to sell himself to other teams.  

Edited by lostnmexico

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, Dirtybird3 said:

I didn't know shadowing required a pay scale.. 

All I know is thank God that dude is outa here!  68 posted about Grimes salary versus his replacements and how we would have been better off with Grime Time........this should reinforce the fact that that dude is a serious cancer to any team but Team Miko!

Edited by lostnmexico

Why is this even a topic on TATF except for clickbait? NOBODY thinks the Falcons were considering bringing Grimes back. The thread title just smacks of "Hmmm...how can I make a thread on TATF that has NOTHING to do with the Falcons because...Miko." Lame.

2 minutes ago, Bunchy Carter said:

Why is this even a topic on TATF except for clickbait? NOBODY thinks the Falcons were considering bringing Grimes back. The thread title just smacks of "Hmmm...how can I make a thread on TATF that has NOTHING to do with the Falcons because...Miko." Lame.

He's a former falcon and been a topic on these boards for years. 

mashburn*Fibonacci likes this

1 minute ago, Bunchy Carter said:

I actually enjoy the controversial threads as it's more entertaining to watch but the board has always been a little obsessed with Miko. Her whole shtick is being provactively outspoken to gain interest for her podcast/TV show. This board tends to take the bait pretty hard.

Wow, I can’t believe Brent Grimes said that! WTF????

As much as I love that dude on the field, I have to wonder how he can be that fkg stupid.

Now I’m wondering if that gutter punk woman of his is wearing off on him or if maybe they’re a match made in heaven.  Please stay away from Atlanta. We don’t need that kind of ignorance here man. 

Vandy and HouseofEuphoria like this

1 hour ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

I actually enjoy the controversial threads as it's more entertaining to watch but the board has always been a little obsessed with Miko. Her whole shtick is being provactively outspoken to gain interest for her podcast/TV show. This board tends to take the bait pretty hard.

Yep

papachaz likes this

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Bunchy Carter said:

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

The Grimes household is so deep in this boards heads lol

Yea, it's pretty sad and lame. . . 

Edited by Halcon-1
ya_boi_j likes this

6 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

No doubt in my mind buddy could come in here tomorrow and outplay every corner on our roster. Seriously. Sad.

Nawww

osiruz and EJmusic like this

6 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

No doubt in my mind buddy could come in here tomorrow and outplay every corner on our roster. Seriously. Sad.

Lmao you are crazy sir

HouseofEuphoria and osiruz like this

9 minutes ago, atljbo said:

Nawww

No doubt he was a beast, but he's old af now. Also, This is definitely not the same Grimes I knew and defended back in the day.

atljbo and quickzero like this

That is 100# Miko talking and influence.

Grimes was probably fine until after the game Miko told him "baby they aint payin' you enuff to cover Antonio Brown. They disrespectin' you baby... ---- them baby"

Godzilla1985 and The Daywalker like this

I knew when he chose not to play against the Giants in the playoffs that year we had a loser on hand especially with the wife. 

7 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Wow, I can’t believe Brent Grimes said that! WTF????

As much as I love that dude on the field, I have to wonder how he can be that fkg stupid.

Now I’m wondering if that gutter punk woman of his is wearing off on him or if maybe they’re a match made in heaven.  Please stay away from Atlanta. We don’t need that kind of ignorance here man. 

You’re actually surprised? I’m not. Look who Grimes is married to. His wife is pure trash and a complete moron. If he married that, he’s not too bright himself. 

1 hour ago, Atl Falcon said:

I knew when he chose not to play against the Giants in the playoffs that year we had a loser on hand especially with the wife. 

She'll have him broke within 10 years of his retirement.

Atl Falcon and HouseofEuphoria like this

What an absolute loser! This is the exact mentality we don’t want. Most successful people want to take on the greatest challenge in an effort to prove they can be and/or beat the best. To complain you’re asked to blanket AB (tough/impossible task) because you’re not “paid enough” is total horse sh*t. Just an absolute loser mentality, do your job, THEN get paid!