falcons007

Who was the best Falcons Edge defender?

80 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, raysnill1 said:

that's funny because Garland was bad. there was a reason he got benched but he somehow had a better grade than Wes. maybe they take off a whole lot of points for penalties.

Garland had tons of penalties too. PFF just sucks now. We do NOT have the #12 line in the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Because he plays the run well and can get after the QB. Plus 6'2" and 265 pounds aint undersized. If you don't believe me let him come off the edge and pile drive your as into the turf. You'll then agree. Trust me.

2

sorry to break it to you to DE  need to be  6-3.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Garland had tons of penalties too. PFF just sucks now. We do NOT have the #12 line in the league.

You got confused with Wes. Wes had 8 and Garland 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Robert Mathis was 6'2. 123 sacks.

so you found one exception to the rule. lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

33 minutes ago, osiruz said:

Takk is easily out best edge defender.

that's not really saying much. lol since we went 7 and 9 in our defense was not good.  

Edited by 81KJW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 81KJW said:

so you found one exception to the rule. lol 

So you are you saying Takk is too undersized to handle our DE position? I beg to differ. Led the team in sacks, second in QBHits and second in TFLs on just eight starts. He's a long 6'2" that can play with power and speed. What exactly are you saying? We should bench or cut him? If so, you might just be clueless bro.

vel likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

So you are you saying Takk is too undersized to handle our DE position? I beg to differ. Led the team in sacks, second in QBHits and second in TFLs on just eight starts. He's a long 6'2" that can play with power and speed. What exactly are you saying? We should bench or cut him? If so, you might just be clueless bro.

I'm just saying in defensive ends are usually 6-3 they are all exceptions to the rule and I hope takk is it but is always good to have a plan B. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 81KJW said:

I'm just saying in defensive ends are usually 6-3 they are all exceptions to the rule and I hope takk is it but is always good to have a plan B. 

I believe Takk can give up an inch and beat some as. If you want a plan B for Takk you want him off the field. If so, clueless bro. Trust me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I believe Takk can give up an inch and beat some as. If you want a plan B for Takk you want him off the field. If so, clueless bro. Trust me.

 
 

OK, I believe in him but we still need a draft defensive end.

Edited by 81KJW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2019 at 1:26 AM, primetime said:

I really think we need to let Beasely walk. Happy to resign Reed and Shelby but for a reduced contract - I think both would do this as their market wouldn’t be high but both are serviceable when healthy 

We need to replace serviceable with capable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2019 at 11:33 AM, RING OF HONOR said:

Irvin and Takk bring an attitude that I like in my defensive players...

We need a few more of those...

Yeah we could use some attitude.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Could be one that's 6'2 like Jachai Polite. You good wit dat?

lol no lol would like to draft  Zach Allen  DE

Edited by 81KJW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Glad Falcons replaced Reed with Means saving Millions. Now go sign Irvin..


Yeah, I was glad to see Means re-signed, and Reed go. 

And if you mean Bruce Irvin, he's already been re-signed, too, bro... 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, FalconJim said:


Yeah, I was glad to see Means re-signed, and Reed go. 

And if you mean Bruce Irvin, he's already been re-signed, too, bro... 


 

Link to Irvin being resigned? I hope you are right.

FalconJim likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, FalconJim said:


Yeah, I was glad to see Means re-signed, and Reed go. 

And if you mean Bruce Irvin, he's already been re-signed, too, bro... 


 

 

7 hours ago, TNFalcon1 said:

Link to Irvin being resigned? I hope you are right.

 

 

Irvin has not been resigned.

FalconJim likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just think that if the number of snaps were closer to equal then the rest of the stats would be much more closer

ie 189 chances you are just naturally going to have a more accurate sample size than 89

that said I'm glad they re-signed Means --He may have a larger role in future

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TNFalcon1 said:

Oh well I was hoping it was true.

I’m hoping Brooks Reed being released means we’re planning on keeping him.

TNFalcon1 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now