falcons007

Who was the best Falcons Edge defender?

67 posts in this topic

Brooks Reed: 189 snaps, 11 tackles, 4 mistackles, 10 stops, 5.4 % stops. 

Takk : 188 snaps, 10 tackles, 1 mistackle, 8 stops, 4.3 Stop%.

Vic: 209 snaps, 8 tackles , 7 mistackles, 7 stops,  3.3% stops.

Steven Means: 69 snaps, 11 tackles, 0 mistackles, 11 stops, stop%: 14.5 %.

Shelby: 60 snaps, 9 tackles, 0 mistackles, 5 stops, stop%:8.3%.

It’s obvious, Steven Means had more tackles, more stops than all other edge defenders in limited snaps. Why did it take so long for DQ to put Means in the line up?  What happened to DQ playing more young guys over veterans  myth? 

If Falcons are negotiating a new deal with Vic Beasley, they need a discount for having as many mistackles(7) as tackles(8).

Shelby and Means should have played more against the run than Reed. It’s time to cut Reed and give more snaps to Means. 

Got buddy in the first edition of my offseason retooling plan. Him and Irvin. Those guys can play the run and pass and can be signed for half of Beasley's cap hit. Put em with Takk and a draft pick and I think we could wreck some QBs. I cut Beasley and Reed and let Shelby walk. It's time to get serious about both lines.

vitaman likes this

19 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Got buddy in the first edition of my offseason retooling plan. Him and Irvin. Those guys can play the run and pass and can be signed for half of Beasley's cap hit. Put em with Takk and a draft pick and I think we could wreck some QBs. I cut Beasley and Reed and let Shelby walk. It's time to get serious about both lines.

I really think we need to let Beasely walk. Happy to resign Reed and Shelby but for a reduced contract - I think both would do this as their market wouldn’t be high but both are serviceable when healthy 

Hometownfan likes this

3 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Brooks Reed: 189 snaps, 11 tackles, 4 mistackles, 10 stops, 5.4 % stops. 

Takk : 188 snaps, 10 tackles, 1 mistackle, 8 stops, 4.3 Stop%.

Vic: 209 snaps, 8 tackles , 7 mistackles, 7 stops,  3.3% stops.

Steven Means: 69 snaps, 11 tackles, 0 mistackles, 11 stops, stop%: 14.5 %.

Shelby: 60 snaps, 9 tackles, 0 mistackles, 5 stops, stop%:8.3%.

It’s obvious, Steven Means had more tackles, more stops than all other edge defenders in limited snaps. Why did it take so long for DQ to put Means in the line up?  What happened to DQ playing more young guys over veterans  myth? 

If Falcons are negotiating a new deal with Vic Beasley, they need a discount for having as many mistackles(7) as tackles(8).

Shelby and Means should have played more against the run than Reed. It’s time to cut Reed and give more snaps to Means. 

Where do you get your stats?

osiruz likes this

3 hours ago, RING OF HONOR said:

I mean....how can you not like a guy named Means...in my opinion I mean...he should have gotten more snaps...he could be a Means to an end....he definitely seems like he means business...

did you mean to say you maybe like the guy a little bit? 

RING OF HONOR likes this

4 hours ago, Knight of God said:

I mean what I mean about Means. Nah-mean?

I have nothing good to add but this made me think about Sidney in scary movie. She didn’t say nah mean but this just made me think of that scene. 

Knight of God likes this

Was saying he could be good before he came in. Deserves to be a solid part of the rotation - ie take Reed's snaps when he's cut. Underrated pass rusher too. Just an all around player.

Being fair though - we've given him more of a chance than anybody. And he got way more snaps the last three games.

falcons007 likes this

Well, they made it sound like Beasley is being brought back, so it comes down to Irvin, Means, Reed. I assume they keep two of them around at most and bring in a rookie or two.

27 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Well, they made it sound like Beasley is being brought back, so it comes down to Irvin, Means, Reed. I assume they keep two of them around at most and bring in a rookie or two.

I can see them cutting Reed and re-signing Irvin. The money Beasley wants will determine a lot

10 hours ago, RING OF HONOR said:

I mean....how can you not like a guy named Means...in my opinion I mean...he should have gotten more snaps...he could be a Means to an end....he definitely seems like he means business...

What do you mean exactly?

RING OF HONOR likes this