Falcons Fan MVP

Who should we have hired as our offensive coordinator in 2017 instead of Sark?

83 posts in this topic

Well it looks like we've wasted another  2 years of Matt Ryan's career with Sark. I don't understand why we hired inexperienced coordinators Manuel and Sark. Looking back in hindsight who should have been hired as our offensive coordinator for the 2017 season? And why do you think Sark was chosen as our coordinator when he was inexperienced and not the best option? Your thoughts?

4 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

"we" didn't hire Sark.. Quinn did.. And obviously Quinn dosnt like competition in his position or he would have hired guys with much more experience 

Who? Surely you have a list of all stars. Maybe he didn't want somebody who would bolt after one year like Shanny did. I seem to remember Quinn hiring him too. Kinda blows up your conspiracy theory. 

5 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Who? Surely you have a list of all stars. Maybe he didn't want somebody who would bolt after one year like Shanny did. I seem to remember Quinn hiring him too. Kinda blows up your conspiracy theory. 

Im sure Quinn wasn't happy with Kyle's departure. I don't blame Kyle for what he did, but how can you force a OC to be loyal? Belichick seems to have a handle on it, and with coaching staff not being capped maybe team owners are ultimately to blame. I understand the team has to be lucrative, but how much money would it have took to retain Kyle? Or how much to entice a guy like Kubiak to come to Atlanta? 

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

1 minute ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Im sure Quinn wasn't happy with Kyle's departure. I don't blame Kyle for what he did, but how can you force a OC to be loyal? Belichick seems to have a handle on it, and with coaching staff not being capped maybe team owners are ultimately to blame. I understand the team has to be lucrative, but how much money would it have took to retain Kyle? Or how much to entice a guy like Kubiak to come to Atlanta? 

Blank needs to open up his wallet big time for Kubiak.

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

32 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Well it looks like we've wasted another  2 years of Matt Ryan's career with Sark. I don't understand why we hired inexperienced coordinators Manuel and Sark. Looking back in hindsight who should have been hired as our offensive coordinator for the 2017 season? And why do you think Sark was chosen as our coordinator when he was inexperienced and not the best option? Your thoughts?

thats a legit question....who was available at the time?

37 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

thats a legit question....who was available at the time?

Matt Leflaur is one. Possibly Gregg Knapp.

5 minutes ago, Halcon-1 said:

Matt Lafleur

7 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Matt Leflaur is one. Possibly Gregg Knapp.

44 minutes ago, E. T. said:

I would have given Matt Lafleur his chance before even thinking of Sark.

Matt had the 25th ranked defense this year. This argument needs to stop.

Vandy, JDaveG and Falconsfan567 like this

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

Matt had the 25th ranked defense this year. This argument needs to stop.

I don't care. Too many factors and variables to rely on this and think that this would have been the same if he had stayed here.

12 minutes ago, Halcon-1 said:

Over your head

Then explain it? Because it sounds like you're just making excuses for someone you like but who actually hasn't shown to be better.

Posted (edited)

30 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

So we don't want Sark because he's never called plays in the nfl so the solution was to promote a guy who's never called plays in the nfl? Brilliant. 

Yes sir . . . . . Sark did not start in any NFL position before taking an OC job in the NFL. People did not complain about Sark having never called plays in the NFL. People complained about Sark not having any NFL experience and coming into the NFL calling plays right away instead of working his way up the usual channels. 

Every OC at one point had never called plays before becoming an OC.

Edited by Halcon-1
⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

2 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Then explain it? Because it sounds like you're just making excuses for someone you like but who actually hasn't shown to be better.

See above

2 minutes ago, Halcon-1 said:

Yes sir . . .  slow one. . . . Sark did not start in any NFL position before taking an OC job in the NFL. Use your head slow one. People did not complain about Sark having never called plays in the NFL. People complained about Sark not having any NFL experience and coming into the NFL calling plays right away instead of working his way up the usual channels. 

Does what you said make any sense? Every OC at one point had never called plays before becoming an OC.

Hes a fan since 1969.... and he probably started watching 16-17 hes probably close to 70 years.

Please have some respect

Halcon-1 likes this

14 minutes ago, falconfreek123 said:

Hes a fan since 1969.... and he probably started watching 16-17 hes probably close to 70 years.

Please have some respect

fixed it

6 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

So Sark is worse than a guy who has NFL experience even tho he coached his offense to a better stat line? Lol ok dude...

I never said Sark was worse than anyone. Where did I state or imply that?

6 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

What has he done as OC that's better than Sark?

You're assuming way too much, which is why you don't understand a simple question.