Falconsfan567

Falcons Will Always Be Losers

77 posts in this topic

There seems to be a thought among the long-time Falcon fans that the franchise is cursed and doomed to always suck and blah, blah, blah, blah. Mostly there's a whole lot of nonsense spewed about that the Falcons can never get anything right and that NFL "will never allow" the Falcons to win the Super Bowl. That's all a load of poppy ****!! Seriously, franchises can change their history. People love talking about the Pittsburgh Steelers and how they're one of the gold standards for how professional sports franchises should be run and blah, blah, blah. But folks clearly don't know their history on the Pittsburgh Steelers. This team once had two future HOF QBs on their team and let both of them go for nothing. Those guys? Johnny Unitas and Len Dawson. Both were Super Bowl winning QBs. Meanwhile, the Steelers continued to lose year after year after year.

Don't believe me, look at their history from 1933-1971. From 1933-1971 they posted a 168-270-18 (.388) record. They posted only 6 winning seasons in 37 seasons with 1 playoff appearance (a loss in 1947). How bad is that? The Falcons from 1966-2001 posted a 212-327-5 (.394) record. They made the playoffs only 6 times in 36 seasons.

Chuck Noll was hired in 1969 and it took him 3 years to mold the Steelers into the dominant force they became in 1972. I can do the same thing for the New England Patriots prior to 1994 when Robert Kraft took over ownership of the team. In fact, the Patriots at one point were so bad with such poor fan support that it took Kraft buying them in 1994 just to keep the franchise from moving to St. Louis.

The point is, that the NFL isn't rigged against the Falcons ever becoming a dominant franchise. The Falcons aren't "cursed" to failure. It just takes putting the right people in place who know what they're doing. Arthur Blank is the right owner and I believe Dan Quinn is the right coach. I believe the front office personnel are the right people. I believe in what the Falcons are doing! I fully support them!

Vandy, Tandy, poutlipper and 20 others like this

1933!? Where did that come from?

Anyways, as a Falcons fan, our WORST nightmare before the season began was a possible Saints vs. Patriots match up in Atlanta, and guess who have 1st round byes in their conferences......

The Football Gods want to humiliate us! 

"The point is, that the NFL isn't rigged against the Falcons ever becoming a dominant franchise. The Falcons aren't "cursed" to failure..."

Perhaps you haven't heard about how the NFL refs spend their free time. They make themselves these little Dirty Bird straw dolls. Then they take a long thistle dipped in the blood of a rabid bat and start jabbing and chanting Rise Down Falcons! Rise Down Falcons!

And the refs do this for hours and hours, until you can almost hear the little Dirty Bird dolls screaming out for mercy... but after 50 years, even a 28-3 lead can't overcome the power of the Evil Zebras. Video doesn't lie! :ninja:

tenor.gif?itemid=7901210

Edit: On the brighter side, I'm feeling pretty good about this coming season.

RING OF HONOR and papachaz like this

Let me tell you something,, if we get the right OC, It will be a different world for this team next year.. WE might be hard to stop... I saw this year coming for a mile.. It all boils down to one word,, KISS ,, Keep it simple Stupid.. We have most of the players we need,, I think if we can get a big time DE,, Another top DT and Draft another OT for backup and for the future ,We might make the playoffs next year... I think we will.. Because of the FO showing they have seen the problem,  Our OC. was awful .... We are only as strong as our weakest link. And who ever is running our O# is a huge link and more important than any Coach on our team, and yes I said that. 

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

LOL. I am 63 now.  Been losing since the 60's.  Think they will win the bowl before I die?  Suks to have to keep hanging with my rabid Baltimore fans.

Happy Next Year... that seems to be a nice way to put it.

30 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

1933!? Where did that come from?

Anyways, as a Falcons fan, our WORST nightmare before the season began was a possible Saints vs. Patriots match up in Atlanta, and guess who have 1st round byes in their conferences......

The Football Gods want to humiliate us! 

The Steelers franchise started in 1933 and they were called the Pirates. Many early NFL teams adopted the same name of the baseball team in their city in the early years.

13 minutes ago, Realsurfin said:

LOL. I am 63 now.  Been losing since the 60's.  Think they will win the bowl before I die?  Suks to have to keep hanging with my rabid Baltimore fans.

Happy Next Year... that seems to be a nice way to put it.

Im 61, The year I was born was the year more people was born in the US than any other year. 1957,,, I was the center and main year of the Boom Babies... I do run into more people my age than any other.. That's kind of nice , More of us than any other age.

Realsurfin and papachaz like this

The Braves won in 1995. Atlanta United just won a championship. And Georgia has a title.

However, the Hawks drafted Trae Young over Luka Doncic and we blew a 25 pt lead. So I'm PRETTY sure some voodoo priest only cursed our professional basketball and football teams.

putnam6 likes this

4 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

Im 61, The year I was born was the year more people was born in the US than any other year. 1957,,, I was the center and main year of the Boom Babies... I do run into more people my age than any other.. That's kind of nice , More of us than any other age.

1956 here.

@Falconsfan567 our door slammed shut so hard after the 28-3 fail I seriously don't think we'll get back to the SB with this staff. You gotta take it all when it's open to you, and we missed it in historic fashion. Yes, we are cursed. 

Flying Falcon and Malachore like this

5 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

There seems to be a thought among the long-time Falcon fans that the franchise is cursed and doomed to always suck and blah, blah, blah, blah. Mostly there's a whole lot of nonsense spewed about that the Falcons can never get anything right and that NFL "will never allow" the Falcons to win the Super Bowl. That's all a load of poppy ****!! Seriously, franchises can change their history. People love talking about the Pittsburgh Steelers and how they're one of the gold standards for how professional sports franchises should be run and blah, blah, blah. But folks clearly don't know their history on the Pittsburgh Steelers. This team once had two future HOF QBs on their team and let both of them go for nothing. Those guys? Johnny Unitas and Len Dawson. Both were Super Bowl winning QBs. Meanwhile, the Steelers continued to lose year after year after year.

Don't believe me, look at their history from 1933-1971. From 1933-1971 they posted a 168-270-18 (.388) record. They posted only 6 winning seasons in 37 seasons with 1 playoff appearance (a loss in 1947). How bad is that? The Falcons from 1966-2001 posted a 212-327-5 (.394) record. They made the playoffs only 6 times in 36 seasons.

Chuck Noll was hired in 1969 and it took him 3 years to mold the Steelers into the dominant force they became in 1972. I can do the same thing for the New England Patriots prior to 1994 when Robert Kraft took over ownership of the team. In fact, the Patriots at one point were so bad with so poor fan support that it took Kraft buying them in 1994 just to keep the franchise from moving to St. Louis.

The point is, that the NFL isn't rigged against the Falcons ever becoming a dominant franchise. The Falcons aren't "cursed" to failure. It just takes putting the right people in place who know what they're doing. Arthur Blank is the right owner and I believe Dan Quinn is the right coach. I believe the front office personnel are the right people. I believe in what the Falcons are doing! I fully support them!

Do you guys think Beville is the right coordinator? Because he appears to be the odds on favorite.

3 hours ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

The Braves won in 1995. Atlanta United just won a championship. And Georgia has a title.

However, the Hawks drafted Trae Young over Luka Doncic and we blew a 25 pt lead. So I'm PRETTY sure some voodoo priest only cursed our professional basketball and football teams.

The Falcons will probably break the curse one day. Probably before Matt Ryan retires.

1957 was a heckuva year wasn't it....from one to another  :tiphat:

1 hour ago, fuego said:

1956 here.

@Falconsfan567 our door slammed shut so hard after the 28-3 fail I seriously don't think we'll get back to the SB with this staff. You gotta take it all when it's open to you, and we missed it in historic fashion. Yes, we are cursed. 

Complete mumbo jumbo ********.

LOL . . . yall up all night posting on a message board?

2 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Complete mumbo jumbo ********.

8 hours ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

You don't know what you're talking about man.

2 minutes ago, JerseyNo12 said:

You don't know what you're talking about man.

I'm a very casual basketball fan, so you're correct in this assessment lol. I've just heard the hype around Doncic, people calling him a generational talent, etc. I know Trae Young had a good rookie season, but the narrative is usually that the Hawks missed out in spite of that.

1 minute ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

I'm a very casual basketball fan, so you're correct in this assessment lol. I've just heard the hype around Doncic, people calling him a generational talent, etc. I know Trae Young had a good rookie season, but the narrative is usually that the Hawks missed out in spite of that.

Doncic is really good. He's definitely way ahead of the curve and may even be a generational talent. But Trae Young is really good, too. People look at the highlights and are impressed by scoring and step back treys, and that's fine. But there's more to it. Trae's floor vision, anticipation, and understanding of spacing and how to manipulate it is already so advanced that teams are already trying to trap him with double and triple teams, and he's finding ways around it. He's as good, if not better than Doncic in that department. 

When his jump shot efficiency matches his passing skills (and it will), Trae will be a monster to defend.

And we get an extra first round pick, which will likely be a lottery pick because the West is tight.

ChickenBiscuit and Vandy like this

9 hours ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

I'm and many others are sick and tired of hearing 1980 though. In fact, when it comes to any major football team in the state of Georgia none of us have won a championship from 1981-present, in a state where football matters the most and a state where highly talented players are recruited from year in and year out. 

The whole Trae Young and Luka Doncic thing needs to stop. It's only their rookie seasons. There's many "NBA rookie of the years" who have fallen off. We have to see several years into their career. If Trae Young gets bigger in size and becomes a better defender, then look out, in fact, the whole Hawks team has been bad defensively all year and not just Trae Young. 

ChickenBiscuit likes this