Is this the season to drop back in the draft ?

Geneaut

#1 - I know TD rarely drops back

#2 - I know you have to have partners

#3 - I know the QB class is substandard so teams may not be moving up

#4 - This is more a discussion thread than an actual position. A little early to get a great handle on the draft at this point pre-Combine.

If we can get any value for our 1st at #14 should we move back deeper into the 1st while getting some additional picks. Just going from #14 to around #21 can net you the value of a low 2nd rounder. Spend all 3 picks on the line, or maybe snag a special talent at LB/CB with one pick.

If the DL talent is as deep as they say it's a thought.

Impossible to say without knowing who's available. A lot can change between now and the draft, and some fantastic players at positions of need could slip to us.

Who knows - maybe something crazy happens and a guy like Quinnen Williams slips to 7, causing TD to even trade up.

But, as always, I wouldn't mind a trade down if the draft falls the right way.

14 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Move up for a stud. We generally aren’t picking high enough to make a move. Chance to capitalize on our draft position. 

Just another way to look at it...that said many of the great DTs are drafted right where we pick (Donald, Cox, etc)

I think this is the year to move up or back in to the 1st for two guys. Use some 2020 ammo 

Thanks for winning those last 3 pointless games coach!

19 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Impossible to say without knowing who's available. A lot can change between now and the draft, and some fantastic players at positions of need could slip to us.

Who knows - maybe something crazy happens and a guy like Quinnen Williams slips to 7, causing TD to even trade up.

But, as always, I wouldn't mind a trade down if the draft falls the right way.

Agreed. #14 lets us move up or down fairly easy. I think there's enough DL talent to not move up for it, but as you said it's so early in the process you never know.

I'd stay right where we are... We will be able to get a really good player.. ,, If we trade ,, I think we will trade down in maybe the  6th rd to pick up an extra pick,, We've done that a few other times in the draft.. I like it.. gives us another draft pick and the top players where in the top 5 rounds..