Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FalconJim

Did We Make The Right Decision In Firing All 3 Coordinators?

118 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Most here don’t pay that much attention to defense or much about it. Same with STs, but Manuel was the worst of the three actually. 

If you look at our STs we are ranked in the top half in almost every category except PRs. Has been for years. 

Knight of God likes this

19 hours ago, FalconJim said:

For the record, I'm alright with the firings.  But I'll be curious to see if any of them are picked up by another NFL team. 
If they don't, you have to feel that the right decision was made... 

Is the Pope Catholic?

FalconJim likes this

1 hour ago, Geneaut said:

If you look at our STs we are ranked in the top half in almost every category except PRs. Has been for years. 

That’s where stats will do you wrong. 

To answer the question....we need to see who we replace them with first.

We know DQ will be calling the defense....which I am ok with.

it is going to be interesting to see who comes in for OC   and ST coach

RING OF HONOR likes this

11 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Most here don’t pay that much attention to defense or much about it. Same with STs, but Manuel was the worst of the three actually. 

What was perplexing is that we would see glimpses of the defense playing well when they would do certain things......but then we would stop doing them.

When the defense  got up to the LOS and the corners got physical at the line.....the defense played better.

like the Cincy game......that game was a perfect example of the Falcons season in a nutshell

Knight of God likes this

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

What was perplexing is that we would see glimpses of the defense playing well when they would do certain things......but then we would stop doing them.

When the defense  got up to the LOS and the corners got physical at the line.....the defense played better.

like the Cincy game......that game was a perfect example of the Falcons season in a nutshell

I was nervous his first year when he said he would run a style of defense that was like he played.

Posted (edited)

To me Manuel deserved to be let go. He lacked the ability to scheme and adjust to what was happening during a game. There was no attacking or designs to create pressure . Instead he played soft zone keep the ball in front of you defense... and the results were awful.

Armstrong also seemed to be just a place holder. He’s been here a long time with little to show for it .  No blocked kicks, no return game what so ever ( see Andre Roberts production with the Jets ).

Sark, on the other hand should have gotten a raise IMO. We should have kept him because he got better and better. The offensive problem was failure of players to carry out assignments. His numbers rivaled Shannahans and he was scape gloated by Quinn and Dimotroff. 

As far as Quinn taking over the defense... his failure to intervene during the season speaks volumes .  He looked like a spectator on the sidelines, not a coach. His hands off approach was a failure and his staff got fired for it. 

Our Super Bowl window has closed because he had it won but failed to coach or intervene to preserve our victory over the Patriots. Matt Ryan deserved better , Arthur Blank deserved better, Falcon fans deserved better. Getting back is a very hard proposition . 

I have been a season ticket holder since Fulton County Stadium hoping for such a moment, the prospect of continuing to shell out money , to have been so close and have it slip thru our fingers because the head coach failed to intervene to preserve and respect being in the Super Bowl... is a sting I may never recover from. 

Edited by Deadwood
Notification of replys
Vandy and ⚡Slumerican⚡ like this

9 hours ago, Dukeduke211 said:

We will never know

Well, I'll say we will know by the 3rd game next year.. On the positive. Sark was pitiful !!! 

1 hour ago, Deadwood said:

To me Manuel deserved to be let go. He lacked the ability to scheme and adjust to what was happening during a game. There was no attacking or designs to create pressure . Instead he played soft zone keep the ball in front of you defense... and the results were awful.

Armstrong also seemed to be just a place holder. He’s been here a long time with little to show for it .  No blocked kicks, no return game what so ever ( see Andre Roberts production with the Jets ).

Sark, on the other hand should have gotten a raise IMO. We should have kept him because he got better and better. The offensive problem was failure of players to carry out assignments. His numbers rivaled Shannahans and he was scape gloated by Quinn and Dimotroff. 

As far as Quinn taking over the defense... his failure to intervene during the season speaks volumes .  He looked like a spectator on the sidelines, not a coach. His hands off approach was a failure and his staff got fired for it. 

Our Super Bowl window has closed because he had it won but failed to coach or intervene to preserve our victory over the Patriots. Matt Ryan deserved better , Arthur Blank deserved better, Falcon fans deserved better. Getting back is a very hard proposition . 

I have been a season ticket holder since Fulton County Stadium hoping for such a moment, the prospect of continuing to shell out money , to have been so close and have it slip thru our fingers because the head coach failed to intervene to preserve and respect being in the Super Bowl... is a sting I may never recover from. 

Sark should have been given a raise!! Wow.... I have no idea how you see that.. are you kin to him?????  or something? Wow...

gazoo likes this

On 1/4/2019 at 11:18 PM, Knight of God said:

Most people don't care about defense. They want highlight plays and fantasy numbers. Manuel was terrible for majority of the 34 games he was DC. 

Knight of God likes this

On 1/5/2019 at 10:39 AM, falconsd56 said:

Yep. He had no clue how to adjust his talent once the injuries happened. He still had the corners to play a pressure defense. He didn't. Played too passive and scared. Bend but don't break does not work in this NFL. 

28 minutes ago, vel said:

Yep. He had no clue how to adjust his talent once the injuries happened. He still had the corners to play a pressure defense. He didn't. Played too passive and scared. Bend but don't break does not work in this NFL. 

Sark was the same, and even admitted it after the first Bucs game.. Basically said they kept rushing I "Sark" did nothing to counter it

1 hour ago, vel said:

Most people don't care about defense. They want highlight plays and fantasy numbers. Manuel was terrible for majority of the 34 games he was DC. 

Dead serious. Well he said he would run the defense the way he played.

On 4/1/2019 at 3:45 PM, The Don™ said:

If reading between the lines, Quinn pretty much made his decision based on that five game losing streak...He talked about it during the press conference and on 92.9.

Also, about Sark...here's a disturbing stat that made me open my eyes about him. He did good vs weak teams but sucked against quality competition overall. I am not surprised he's gone.

That was the reason I wanted him gone. Hadn't crunched the numbers but it doesn't surprise me one bit.

Posted (edited)

On 1/5/2019 at 11:30 AM, Knight of God said:

That’s where stats will do you wrong. 

Depends what stats. Our coverage teams usually do fairly well. Our kickers are good to great, and have been for years. 

Returns are Armstrong's weak points. He is extremely conservative in fair catching and what balls to field. It probably cost him his job. 

Edited by Geneaut
Knight of God likes this