Jump to content

Did We Make The Right Decision In Firing All 3 Coordinators?


FalconJim
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

I don't know about Sark, but the response to Manuel's availability has been somewhat less than fast and furious. :ninja:

LOL!  I heard that.  To me, Manuel looked like a high school coach, or a college coach (at best), and didn't seem like he could/would command very much respect from his players. 
I think a few of them may catch on with another team, but probably in a lower capacity than they were fired from --- but I wish them all luck! 


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FalconJim said:

LOL!  I heard that.  To me, Manuel looked like a high school coach, or a college coach (at best), and didn't seem like he could/would command very much respect from his players. 
I think a few of them may catch on with another team, but probably in a lower capacity than they were fired from --- but I wish them all luck! 


 

When I watched Manuel's defense, I was like Vince...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I believe all the decisions were right except for Marquand Manuel. Defense isn't changing in 2019 whether Quinn was taking over calling plays or had Manuel stayed. Quinn has always had complete control of the defense since he got here. Some people still don't understand that tho. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IMO it really seemed like the offense finished well overall in spite of Sark, not really because of him.

He wasn't horrible, but his play calling left a lot to be desired over several large chunks throughout the season & that made his inexperience at this level very obvious.

When you are given the weapons he had access to, there is basically no room for error, and there really shouldn't be any reason for an offense like that to be so inconsistent.

A competent OC with some NFL experience should've easily had us in the top 5, but Sark couldn't do that.

Yes, the o-line was abysmal thanks in part to injuries, but a good coach would figure out a way to adjust in order to make it less on an issue & to mask their deficiencies... but Sark couldn't do that either.

Pretty sure other NFL teams know who he is... a guy who was out of his element... and I'd be kinda surprised if he gets another shot coaching in the NFL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just like all our other cast aways, they'll ride off into the sunset and never be heard from again. Sark can make a comeback, but it's going to take years of experience and probably being fired a few more times.. But if he grinds it out I believe one day he'll be back.. 

Armstrong is washing cars somewhere right about now and MM is probably signing up to coach rec ball

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Just like all our other cast aways, they'll ride off into the sunset and never be heard from again. Sark can make a comeback, but it's going to take years of experience and probably being fired a few more times.. But if he grinds it out I believe one day he'll be back.. 

Armstrong is washing cars somewhere right about now and MM is probably signing up to coach rec ball

I get the hyperbole, but MM would be a fine position coach again.

Armstrong definitely needed to go a few years ago. But they tried to get him some Teams guys the last couple of years, and he didn't do anything with them.

I think the timing worked out badly with Smith moving on a couple of years ago, and needing a replacement for him, while also having planned for MM to be that replacement (farther) down the line.

I'm actually a bit concerned about the Offensive Continuity. I think the better move would have been to hold onto Sark and get the OGs and RT fixed. ...and I'm in the minority here, but I REALLY don't like our RBs.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes. Sark was the only one I thought had an outside lane to come back, but overall Manuel sucked and Armstrong has been terrible for years. All the people who hate TD don't look at how coaching matters more than any one GM. Armstrong had Andre Roberts, who is a Pro Bowler and All Pro just one year after being a bum in Atlanta. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Nope

Agree 100 %.... Sark was fired with similar numbers that got Shanahan a head coaching gig

Everybody and they Mama was talking top 5 defense the beginning of the season...the man **** near lost his entire defense and it's obvious the depth was horrible...if  Manuel was at fault...why didn't Quinn fire him or take control a long time ago...

Armstrong was the right decision..

While I don't agree....I'm giving Quinn a shot to make it right....but he definitely sitting on a pile of coal with the match ready to strike

Link to comment
Share on other sites

First off, they only fired two.

Armstrong was a a easy call. It was time. 

Sark, though his great QB put up outstanding numbers. It was a obivious case of the talent carrying a poor run offense. The offense had no direction, was poorly coached was evident in the execution, and game plans were not on point. It makes sense to fire him. 

MM wasn't fired, just not renewed. Im sure Quinn stood on the side line and watched alot of his calls and thought " he should've called this or done that" or " I would've done this" . Quinn wants to take over the running of the defense and he should. That's his thing and what he what bought in for. If he is gonna take over, not reason to keep MM. Let him find a job that he is calling plays.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PokerSteve said:

I don't know about Sark, but the response to Manuel's availability has been somewhat less than fast and furious. :ninja:

my only thoughts about any part of this being wrong was armstrong should have BEEN gone a long time ago.....I don't see any reports of any other team clamoring or fighting to be first in line for him either

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Agree 100 %.... Sark was fired with similar numbers that got Shanahan a head coaching gig

Everybody and they Mama was talking top 5 defense the beginning of the season...the man **** near lost his entire defense and it's obvious the depth was horrible...if  Manuel was at fault...why didn't Quinn fire him or take control a long time ago...

Armstrong was the right decision..

While I don't agree....I'm giving Quinn a shot to make it right....but he definitely sitting on a pile of coal with the match ready to strike

Match??? more like a blow torch....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think MM and Armstrong will get snapped up by other teams. A few years ago Armstrong was being interviewed for HC jobs, and Arians has always been a big supporter of his so if BA gets back in the biz he may have a shot there at least.

In 2008 he did coach a STs unit that ( at least at the time ) had the fewest punt yards returned against them in a 16 game NFL season ( 49 yards ). 

We did sign a kid off the street to play FG kicker for us, and we didn't miss a beat.

Hall was in the Top 10 on KRs 2018.

Football Outsiders has us as their #10 STs in 2018

Everyone here hates him for our PR game. All the rest of his STs game looks top notch to me.

He still had the best line in "Hard Knocks' LOL

 

Edited by Geneaut
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If reading between the lines, Quinn pretty much made his decision based on that five game losing streak...He talked about it during the press conference and on 92.9.

Also, about Sark...here's a disturbing stat that made me open my eyes about him. He did good vs weak teams but sucked against quality competition overall. I am not surprised he's gone.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...