Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
theProf

2018 PFF Season Grades and Rankings of Falcons Players

42 posts in this topic

PFF final 2018 season grades and rankings in bold below, compared to grades/rankings as of the Bye Week in parentheses:

Offense:

Julio Jones  90.9 #3WR    (89.7 #3WR as of Bye Week)

Matt Ryan  84.3 #11QB     (81.9  #10QB)

Jake Matthews  79.1 #9OT   (76.8  #13OT)

Alex Mack   77.3 #3C      (78.1  #3C)

Mohamed Sanu  72.0 #40WR   (69.2  #43WR)

Ito Smith  69.5 #38RB   (63.5  #39RB)

Calvin Ridley  68.8 #53WR   (72.5  #35WR)

Ben Garland  68.7 #17G    (76.8  Unranked, not enough snaps)

Austin Hooper  68.5 #24TE   (64.0  #28TE)

Tevin Coleman  65.9 #47RB   (51.7  #59RB)

Wes Schweitzer  63.7 #28G   (51.3  #66G)

Ryan Schraeder  63.6 #54OT   (61.7  #47OT)

Logan Paulsen  62.9 #40TE   (59.7  #41TE)

Branden Fusco  60.2 #45G   (60.2  #42G)

Brian Hill 70.1 Unranked, not enough snaps

Ty Sambrailo 67.0  Unranked, not enough snaps

Ricky Ortiz  62.5 Unranked, not enough snaps  

Zane Beadles 57.7 Unranked, not enough snaps

Defense:

Grady Jarrett  91.0 #5DT   (86.8  #10DT as of Bye Week)

Demontae Kazee   77.9 #17S   (77.9  #13S)

Deion Jones  75.8  #12LB

Desmond Trufant  71.4 #35CB   (59.3  #81CB)

Jack Crawford  71.3 #57DT   (67.1  #63DT)

Deadrin Senat   71.1 #59DT   (73.5  #30DT)

Sharod Neasman  67.8 #47S   (60.6  Unranked)

Brooks Reed  66.5 #60DE   (64.5  #61DE)

Jordan Richards  65.2 #62S   (55.1  #77S)

Foye Oluokun  64.6 #44LB   (57.0  #58LB)

Tak McKinley  62.2 #74DE   (57.8  #84DE)

Brian Poole  61.7 #83CB   (57.7  #89CB)

Bruce Irvin  59.0 #88DE

De'Vondre Campbell  57.5 #65LB    (61.0  #46LB)

Robert Alford   56.6 #109CB   (49.9  #103CB)

Terrell McClain  56.2 #109DT   (54.7  #98DT)

Duke Riley  44.2 #85LB   (43.6  #77 LB)

Vic Beasley 42.2 #108DE   (42.3  #101 DE)

Rico Allen  77.5  Unranked, not enough snaps

Steven Means 74.9 Unranked, not enough snaps

Isaiah Oliver   70.0 Unranked, not enough snaps  (58.2  Unranked as of Bye Week)

Derrick Shelby  63.7  Unranked, not enough snaps

Bruce Carter 55.5  Unranked, not enough snaps

Kemal Ishmael  46.8  Unranked, not enough snaps

Again man I'm not trying to wear a cape for Vic but bruh.. The dude wasn't that bad.... I have Pff also and I kept my eyes on him even at the end of the year during a 5 game stretch where he had 4 sacks and like 7 QB hits or something and returned a fumble for TD andddd a tip that turned into a pick six.

Dude grade didn't go up ... lol

Again I'm not wearing a cape here... If dude I'd staying here.. He is taking a HUGE paycut.... 

I just don't think he was that bad lol

Vandy, Dem Birds, gazoo and 12 others like this

So what you're saying is that on any other team Reed would be a good rotational player, but on this team, The Falcons, Reed is the best we've got?

8 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

I’d love to hear what 10 QBs were better than Ryan this year

Brees, Mahomes, Luck, Rivers, Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, Goff, Mayfield and Fitzmagic.

2 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Great post, but wtf.. It's a eye opener to see the lack of talent we've acquired 

Two years ago almost the entire team was 70+.  A lot of same faces and play has either fallen off, play calling isn’t doing them any favors, or those next to them that covered up some major weakness got hurt and they were exposed.

2 hours ago, rings639 said:

Brees, Mahomes, Luck, Rivers, Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, Goff, Mayfield and Fitzmagic.

Is that their actual rankings? That’s hilarious. Fitzpatrick? Lmfao. Brady sucked this year too at least in Brady standards. In raw #s, Matt is probably around the 4th Best this season. Mahommes, Brees, Luck, and Rivers are the only 4 I’d consider putting over him. 

Whoops, I forgot to include Deion Jones and his grade/ranking of 75.8 #12LB in the initial topic post yesterday. Now have him included.

Ergo Proxy likes this

5 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Is that their actual rankings? That’s hilarious. Fitzpatrick? Lmfao. Brady sucked this year too at least in Brady standards. In raw #s, Matt is probably around the 4th Best this season. Mahommes, Brees, Luck, and Rivers are the only 4 I’d consider putting over him. 

Yeah those are the actual scores.  Watching his grade throughout the season it was for sure better the back half.  He struggled outdoors, particularly early in the season in Philly and in Pittsburgh.  He also had one of the highest pressure rates of any QB, which isn’t his fault necessarily, but normally that hurts quality of play from a QB.  I think they said on their podcast that indoors Ryan was 90+, but outdoors somewhere in the high 60s. 

8 hours ago, rings639 said:

Brees and Mahomes i can see.

Maybe Rivers, Luck and Wilson.

Brady, Rodgers, Goff, Mayfield and Fitz are extremely laughable.

Been saying it for years, but no one believes it...

D. Campbell is overrated as %#$& on these boards and by the FO and coaching staff.

Hes average at best. A poor mans Stephen Nicholas...

We still need to get a playmaker next to Debo...which is why I’d look at Keanu as a WLB

9 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Been saying it for years, but no one believes it...

D. Campbell is overrated as %#$& on these boards and by the FO and coaching staff.

Hes average at best. A poor mans Stephen Nicholas...

We still need to get a playmaker next to Debo...which is why I’d look at Keanu as a WLB

I championed him. He looked lost this year.

atljbo likes this

On 1/4/2019 at 3:35 PM, PriMeTiiMe said:

I’d love to hear what 10 QBs were better than Ryan this year

Ryan Fitzpatrick was 10th, if that tells you anything.

PFF is and always has been a ******* joke. 

falconsd56, Emmitt and dawgsfan426 like this

We need to upgrade the dline, oline and could use an upgrade to our corners. About what we already knew 

15 minutes ago, red falcon said:

I championed him. He looked lost this year.

Something a buddy of mines (not a falcons fan but had to study his tape) was telling me last year..... Campbell is not a shoot the gap attack the LOS guy... He just doesnt have those instincts .. Now if you ask him to play man coverage or to blitz ... Those are his strengths with his athletic ability.

That showed up BIG TIME this year with Deion Jones  and Neal out...  Those guys do have instincts and also attack the LOS... So the faluts in his game showed wayyyy more.

In coverage we played zone more which asked him to to read and react... Thats not his thing tho (instincts).

I think he is good at certain role but i think this year kinda showed the core pieces to the team ....

red falcon likes this

10 minutes ago, atljbo said:

Something a buddy of mines (not a falcons fan but had to study his tape) was telling me last year..... Campbell is not a shoot the gap attack the LOS guy... He just doesnt have those instincts .. Now if you ask him to play man coverage or to blitz ... Those are his strengths with his athletic ability.

That showed up BIG TIME this year with Deion Jones  and Neal out...  Those guys do have instincts and also attack the LOS... So the faluts in his game showed wayyyy more.

In coverage we played zone more which asked him to to read and react... Thats not his thing tho (instincts).

I think he is good at certain role but i think this year kinda showed the core pieces to the team ....

I recall the biggest knock on Campbell coming out of college from scouting reports was his lack of instincts. One would think that years of NFL experience would have improved his instincts somewhat by now. Guess not, as lack of instincts still appear to be his greatest weakness.

Ergo Proxy and red falcon like this

Just now, theProf said:

I recall the biggest knock on Campbell coming out of college from scouting reports was his lack of instincts. One would think that years of NFL experience would have improved his instincts somewhat by now. Guess not, as lack of instincts still appear to be his greatest weakness.

naw it dont really work like that .... instincts like speed is something that you just have .... I do think the simpler scheme that we have, the repetition, and knowing the ways team want to  attack the scheme helps with the lack of instincts....

But yea the way Deion jones break on the balll or the way Neal break on the ball to hit a guy to get an incompletion..

Again i think Campbell is a good LB for the role we ask him to play... The problem is when key guys got hurt **** changed up the way we did things.

red falcon likes this

21 hours ago, atljbo said:

Again man I'm not trying to wear a cape for Vic but bruh.. The dude wasn't that bad.... I have Pff also and I kept my eyes on him even at the end of the year during a 5 game stretch where he had 4 sacks and like 7 QB hits or something and returned a fumble for TD andddd a tip that turned into a pick six.

Dude grade didn't go up ... lol

Again I'm not wearing a cape here... If dude I'd staying here.. He is taking a HUGE paycut.... 

I just don't think he was that bad lol

They take into account opponent, scheme, etc. Doing well when you are in a an easy spot won't raise you rating as much as doing average in a really tough spot. There is some subjectivity to it. Who your lined up against matters as well as how plays develop. If Jarrett gets a high grade on a play, Beasley won't get much of a boost for production on the same snap. He will be seen as a beneficiary. In other words, the average Joe could have been expected to succeed on that snap. 

Don't sweat a 5 game sample for a player who has posted 4 seasons of data. He is who he has been over 4 years. Nothing more, nothing less. 

atljbo and ZoneOne01 like this

4 minutes ago, falcndave said:

They take into account opponent, scheme, etc. Doing well when you are in a an easy spot won't raise you rating as much as doing average in a really tough spot. There is some subjectivity to it. Who your lined up against matters as well as how plays develop. If Jarrett gets a high grade on a play, Beasley won't get much of a boost for production on the same snap. He will be seen as a beneficiary. In other words, the average Joe could have been expected to succeed on that snap. 

Don't sweet a 5 game sample for a player who has posted 4 seasons of data. He is who he has been over 4 years. Nothing more, nothing less. 

I agree you have to go by the overall picture