Drew4719

Julio Jones Snubbed From All-Pro Team

63 posts in this topic

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001007645/article/allpro-team-patrick-mahomes-among-2018-highlights

This is truly unbelievable, they gave him second team. What a joke, they actually gave Michael Thomas First-Team because he caught 125 quick slants. Julio had 272 more yards on 12 less receptions, and only one less Touchdown. This may have been Julio’s best overall season yet, but they clearly gave it to Michael Thomas because of the team he plays for. I thought we could at least get an All-Pro nod for Julio out of this wretched season, but the NFL can’t even give us that.

gazoo likes this

1 minute ago, Jesus said:

If the Falcons had won 10+ games Julio would have won it. Thomas's contributions went towards winning games. It isn't personal. Congrats Mike. Now go lose in the playoffs.

Wins have (or should have) zero effect on individual achievements. Only MVP should sway it but not completely.

I wasnt surprised after seeing who did make first team. Hop should be first team, and shoot me for it, but being a Homer is the only reason I have julio over hop as best in the league. Mike was more consistent, televised games, 'it' team this year and the high catch rate yadayada.. 

23 minutes ago, osiruz said:

Give me Julio over Thomas and Saquon Barkley over Gurley.

23 minutes ago, osiruz said:

i disagree on Gurley but definitely juli0 over thomas. Barkley absolutely has a sky high ceiling, but gurley was the bettee back this year

Ergo Proxy likes this

1 hour ago, Jesus said:

If the Falcons had won 10+ games Julio would have won it. Thomas's contributions went towards winning games. It isn't personal. Congrats Mike. Now go lose in the playoffs.

Ill drink to that 

Ergo Proxy likes this

1 hour ago, osiruz said:

Absolutely Julio over Barkley. If the conversation was between Barkley and Elliot, I'd give you that, but Gurley was the better back this year.

1 hour ago, falcon1fan said:

i disagree on Gurley but definitely juli0 over thomas. Barkley absolutely has a sky high ceiling, but gurley was the bettee back this year

Barkley had more yards receiving and catching.

8 minutes ago, osiruz said:

Barkley had more yards receiving and catching.

on alot more targets and receptions, but theyre pretty even in my book until touchdowns which gurley easily wins. theyre ypc were about even gurley was over a yard more per reception. Also he did it in 2 fewer games

Ergo Proxy likes this

He wasn't exactly snubbed, he got 2nd team all pro. 

Now I would've made him first team over Thomas no doubt...politics be politics, yes, even in football.

1 minute ago, falcon1fan said:

on alot more targets and receptions, but theyre pretty even in my book until touchdowns which gurley easily wins. theyre ypc were about even gurley was over a yard more per reception. Also he did it in 2 fewer games

of course you have to keep in mind Barkley did it on a bum team where he was the main player, where as Gurley was on a super team.

i agree, but all pro should be based on personal stats. I think you could easily go either way, i personally think gurley was the better back this year.

2 hours ago, Drew4719 said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001007645/article/allpro-team-patrick-mahomes-among-2018-highlights

This is truly unbelievable, they gave him second team. What a joke, they actually gave Michael Thomas First-Team because he caught 125 quick slants. Julio had 272 more yards on 12 less receptions, and only one less Touchdown. This may have been Julio’s best overall season yet, but they clearly gave it to Michael Thomas because of the team he plays for. I thought we could at least get an All-Pro nod for Julio out of this wretched season, but the NFL can’t even give us that.

They gave it to the pushoff King.

Osiruz and No.11 like this

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Dirtybird3 said:

I wasnt surprised after seeing who did make first team. Hop should be first team, and shoot me for it, but being a Homer is the only reason I have julio over hop as best in the league. Mike was more consistent, televised games, 'it' team this year and the high catch rate yadayada.. 

NO way....Im a homer too, and I like JUlio, but........Not over my nephew......NUk!!

49074813_340186570043904_6669154672390963200_n.jpg

Edited by zekeyboy1
mar31985 and Dirtybird3 like this