Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DogIsYourName

Win final 3 games, fire entire staff

43 posts in this topic

 

11 minutes ago, TheUsualStuff said:

We did have a down year because of injuries, but that does not earn the coordinators a free pass.

Injuries and poor performance by coaches are not mutually exclusive of one another.

Sark and Manuel had no clue as to how to adjust the offense and defense to address our issues (which went beyond injury). If you want to throw that on DQ as well then I certainly wouldn't argue. 

If we didn't address the problems on the coaching staff now, then we probably would have after 2019. If you want to say it takes a year to adjust to new coaches, then 2019 and 2020 would have both been lost.

The worst thing and easiest thing we could have done was give these coaches a free pass because of injury, and that would have set us back 2 years.

We had TE playing on the Oline and fired Smitty

Faithful Falcon and falcons007 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dimi - been here eleven years. Failed miserably addressing the OLine after he lost the linemen he inherited from McKay and Reeves. His front seven roster building prowess was sketchy at best. It's not ironic we still need help in the trenches. Should have been fired five years ago but obviously has pics of Blank doing unnatural things to farm animals. Blank’s fired two head coaches and three wives but can’t seem to fire Dimi

Quinn – his seat is heating up. He is likely on a short leash. I’d say miss the 2019 playoffs or flame out in round one and he’s probably gone. He’s made so many crucial mistakes. Watching Shanny choke away the Super Bowl, letting LeFleur walk, hiring Sark, not taking the reins from Manuel, harboring Armstrong, saying we were OK after the injuries, time management and situational gaffes. Better have a stellar year

Coordinators – was on the fence with Sark and Manuel. Thought they had decent stretches in 2017 and 2018. Derailed by player execution last year then injuries this year. Took way too long to adjust to injuries this year so I’m cool with them getting the axe. Quinn taking over DC is a good thing but he better nail this OC hire. Armstrong shoulda been fired with Smitty. I dropped all three of em off at the state line Monday night

Momentum – it’s real. All coaches and players believe this. The only people who don’t are TATF Tanker Boys who will be in full troll mode when players start comin off the board in April. The NFL is not a tanking league. The sooner they learn that the better off we’ll be. We coulda tanked in 1977, 1979, 1990, 1997, 2003 and 2015 but didn’t. Carried momentum into the next season and went to the playoffs, including three NFCCGs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No team has enough depth to withstand the injuries we did. Want proof? Look at the other teams that had the injuries we did and their records. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Dimi - been here eleven years. Failed miserably addressing the OLine after he lost the linemen he inherited from McKay and Reeves. His front seven roster building prowess was sketchy at best. It's not ironic we still need help in the trenches. Should have been fired five years ago but obviously has pics of Blank doing unnatural things to farm animals. Blank’s fired two head coaches and three wives but can’t seem to fire Dimi

Quinn – his seat is heating up. He is likely on a short leash. I’d say miss the 2019 playoffs or flame out in round one and he’s probably gone. He’s made so many crucial mistakes. Watching Shanny choke away the Super Bowl, letting LeFleur walk, hiring Sark, not taking the reins from Manuel, harboring Armstrong, saying we were OK after the injuries, time management and situational gaffes. Better have a stellar year

Coordinators – was on the fence with Sark and Manuel. Thought they had decent stretches in 2017 and 2018. Derailed by player execution last year then injuries this year. Took way too long to adjust to injuries this year so I’m cool with them getting the axe. Quinn taking over DC is a good thing but he better nail this OC hire. Armstrong shoulda been fired with Smitty. I dropped all three of em off at the state line Monday night

Momentum – it’s real. All coaches and players believe this. The only people who don’t are TATF Tanker Boys who will be in full troll mode when players start comin off the board in April. The NFL is not a tanking league. The sooner they learn that the better off we’ll be. We coulda tanked in 1977, 1979, 1990, 1997, 2003 and 2015 but didn’t. Carried momentum into the next season and went to the playoffs, including three NFCCGs

 ^  the old codger is right again...hard to argue those points

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

No team has enough depth to withstand the injuries we did. Want proof? Look at the other teams that had the injuries we did and their records. 

So not true. Plenty NFL teams caught an injury bug like ours and still made the playoffs in the past. GB, NE, NYG, you name it. This year PHI lost six starters plus eight other guys and still made the playoffs. They lost:

  • QB - Carson Wentz
  • RB - Jay Ajayi
  • CB - Ronald Darby
  • CB - Jalen Mills
  • FS - Rodney McLoed
  • DE - Derek Barnett

That's the equivalent of losing Ryan, Free, Tru, Alf, Rico and Takk. Do you think our Dimi depth can withstand a hit like that?

Vandy and Bigbenright like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

So not true. Plenty NFL teams caught an injury bug like ours and still made the playoffs in the past. GB, NE, NYG, you name it. This year PHI lost six starters plus eight other guys and still made the playoffs. They lost:

  • QB - Carson Wentz
  • RB - Jay Ajayi
  • CB - Ronald Darby
  • CB - Jalen Mills
  • FS - Rodney McLoed
  • DE - Derek Barnett

That's the equivalent of losing Ryan, Free, Tru, Alf, Rico and Takk. Do you think our Dimi depth can withstand a hit like that?

Did all of those injuries happen in weeks 1 thru 3?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Did all of those injuries happen in weeks 1 thru 3?

Several happened early. Add Timmy Jernigan to the list. Did we lose our starting QB? If we had would Schaub have gotten us to the playoffs? Search your feelings before answering that question bro. Ryan couldn't. There are eight ornamental seasons in the books for Julio now. We paid two firsts, a second, two fourths, $87M and got no Lombardies. Now The Migo wants more money. You happy Coolio? I bet you are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Several happened early. Add Timmy Jernigan to the list. Did we lose our starting QB? If we had would Schaub have gotten us to the playoffs? Search your feelings before answering that question "JulioIsCoolio". Ryan couldn't. There are eight ornamental seasons in the books for Julio now bro. We paid two firsts, a second, two fourths, $87M and got no Lombardies. Now The Migo wants more money. You happy Coolio? I bet you are.

You're a terrible troll. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Vandy said:

Agreed. He is officially in the hot seat. 

He ain't scared though. In fact, he seemed even more eager than ever to put things together. Going to be fun to watch this transformation coalesce around his new plan.

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

You're a terrible troll. 

You're way more of a troll than me bro. Trust me. In my 19 years on TATF only one TATFer changed his freakin nic to try to troll me. You. Switched nics from JulioIsCoolio to FalconFanSince1969. That's ornamental trolling. Head games. Cranium. Seek help. Only Coop was worse and he caught a perma ban. I know you love Julio but eight years after the two firsts, second, two fourths, $87M and lining up for more money, we still have zero Lombardies. Now we're comin off a 7-9 season with absolutely no tangible proof he's the answer and trying to rebuild with Dimi at the helm? You happy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2019 at 9:44 AM, DawnOfThemBirds said:

 

Quinn didn't fire the entire staff.

Yeah, Arthur did by telling Quinn it was either them or him(which would have still fired “them” lol) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2019 at 10:32 AM, isproab said:

Everyone is going to have a different opinion, that's ok.  I don't expect the same staff to take this team anywhere based off of what I saw in 2017 and 2018.  Were their injuries, yes.  Your team definitely does lose something when that happens.  Depth is the GM's responsibility and that wasn't great in some places.  Personally, I see why all 3 were fired and I was fine with it.

1.  Sark was a mistake.  He somehow was able to get an NFL jobs of a very high profile nature after leaving USC after 2 years due to personal issues.  I just think we were too close for someone with NO NFL experience.  That 2 year experiment was a flop and now our offense and Matt Ryan have to pay the penalty.  Should have kept Matt LaFleur if we wanted momentum.  Didn't have that with Sark.

2.  Armstrong, he was in charge of special teams.  We were consistently bad for the last couple of years.  I know special teams is more than just the return game, but we get nothing out of it.  No reason why he should stick around.

3.  Manual, some may like him.  I just didn't see a defense that did anything other than lineup and try and make a tackle in front of them.  They just relied on the other team making a mistake or not executing.  CB's were never competitive.  Always gave guys too much room.  Were they coached up to play tighter?  Could not generate a pass rush with the front 4, ok, so get creative and bring extra guys.  Falcons rarely did that.  Defense was always back on their heels in my book.  I think their needs to be a new philosophy on D.

Exactly, bro. This reactive defense might be fine if you have pro bowlers at every position. If you don't you can forget about beating elite offenses with that crap. They'll just keep going down the field and put a 40-burger on your Charmin ais. Quinn has to start blitzing like the last few games. That better become a much more integral part of the scheme.

Just like trying to go into an even MORE soft zone when you get a little bit of a lead. You're begging to get beat, and if you're playing a decent team, you'll often get your wish. It's frustrating to watch when you know before the game even starts the D is going to get slapped around, give up big plays, whiff on tackles, rarely get a sack, etc. all day long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For all the hate on TD I’d argue we would have won 2016 if he had called the final drive. At some point you guys need to appreciate that the coaches are responsible also. They do the game day decisions and are responsible for coaching of players and game plans. You can’t blame TD every time something goes wrong. Someone said it earlier if you fault TD it is that he puts a lot of cash into key players and hopes that we don’t have key injuries. Let’s be honest how many wins will we have if Ryan goes out in preseason or Julio for that matter? But that is modern day NFL and salary caps

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 3:45 PM, FalconFanSince1970 said:

So not true. Plenty NFL teams caught an injury bug like ours and still made the playoffs in the past. GB, NE, NYG, you name it. This year PHI lost six starters plus eight other guys and still made the playoffs. They lost:

  • QB - Carson Wentz
  • RB - Jay Ajayi
  • CB - Ronald Darby
  • CB - Jalen Mills
  • FS - Rodney McLoed
  • DE - Derek Barnett

That's the equivalent of losing Ryan, Free, Tru, Alf, Rico and Takk. Do you think our Dimi depth can withstand a hit like that?

I total agree. Losing Wentz is not as big of an issue because they have Foles, who is a SB MVP. But Foles does not make up for their other injuries.

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2019 at 8:39 AM, DogIsYourName said:

We had a down year because of injuries.  Our next man could not always step up.  And now we will probably lose next year to coaching turnover.  

I don't like it.  Sometimes you just have bad luck.  Just because you didn't get the result you wanted doesn't mean someone must be fired.  But if someone is to blame, that would be TD.  He's the only one responsible for ensuring we have a good OL and backups who can still play.

Firing the whole staff just means our win streak will not give us any momentum into next year.  Instead, we just ruined our draft position for no reason.  Ironically, this makes TD's job harder--the one guy mostly to blame for 2018 in the first place.

 Ah, not on TD. He’s done well getting the players that DQ wanted. That defense has had a lot of high picks...injury bug aside...what will be interesting is seeing if DQ can take this defense to the right level while bolstering that OL and creating a smash mouth running game through draft and some FA.

we have two first rounder Edge guys (Vic and Takk). A 5th rounder in Grady, 3rd rounder in Senat, first round SS in Neal, 2nd rounder in Debo, third rounder in Riley (bust), a first round cb in trufant ! 2ndrounders In Alford and Oliver. I included trufant and Alford as we re-signed them under DQ. Plus a host of fifth rounders that outplayed their status in Kazee and rico (another DQ choice), Campbell was a 4th rounder, Foye a nice 6th rounder. Point is we’ve put resources that DQ wanted on that defense.

No excuses. He’s had talent and TD found or re-signed them according to DQ’s desire

Vandy and Bigbenright like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0