TheFalcoholic

Dan Quinn: “Let’s make sure we get nastier.”

82 posts in this topic

I’m getting 2014 flashbacks. Mike Smith was saying similar things with all the “toughness” talk in that offseason.

We’ll see if the team can get it done but I don’t like how this issue keeps coming up. Even when the team is good, they don’t beat teams up in the trenches. 

You can't coach nasty.  Bring in players who are already naturally that way.  IMO there's still a disconnect between what DQ wants and what the front office provides. 

Who would you all say is currently a nasty player on the team?

arrogantBEAST likes this

10 minutes ago, Da_Truth said:

You can't coach nasty.  Bring in players who are already naturally that way.  IMO there's still a disconnect between what DQ wants and what the front office provides. 

Who would you all say is currently a nasty player on the team?

On the defense: Grady, Keanu, Takk, Kazee, Poole, Debo

On offense: Julio, Sanu, Free, Mack

And Bosher obviously.

There's more, mostly going for starters. Need more on the OL, period. And ideally more on the DL. Get those lines sorted.

tonatl07, robertap, Stryka and 1 other like this

I think Quinn is a good coach and will be a good HC. I don't think I'd have him on the hot seat next year, I'd give him a few more years. I wouldn't just fire him for not making the Superbowl or not deep in the playoffs. It would take a full fall apart next year. If he shows improvement next year, i would probably be patient.

Halcon-1 likes this

18 minutes ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

I think Quinn is a good coach and will be a good HC. I don't think I'd have him on the hot seat next year, I'd give him a few more years. I wouldn't just fire him for not making the Superbowl or not deep in the playoffs. It would take a full fall apart next year. If he shows improvement next year, i would probably be patient.

I think we will be very good in 2019 or 2020. Super Bowl caliber good.

Posted (edited)

On the defensive side, we have some pieces that play with an edge. Takk, Grady, Neal, Poole, and Debo play with an edge.

On the offensive side, we need to get that edge back in the running game. I feel like Sanu and Julio play with that edge but we were missing that in the running game. Freeman can be that guy when healthy but we need some more physicality with our offensive line.

Edited by Jpg428gggg
Missed something

I wouldn't mind seeing guys like Burfict, Kareem Hunt, and some of the other tough guys in the NFL get a shot with the Falcons.  Its about time we have guys on the field that the opposing team has to account for.  

I say we shore up the linebacker position with a free agent and maybe White from LSU.  I wouldn't mind picking up 2 bodies for the linebacker spot to replicate that Thomas Davis, Kuechly and Thompson combo in Carolina that was dominate for years

Da_Truth likes this