Arkridge

Dan Quinn: "I'm Comfortable at Left Tackle & Center. Past That, Scrub Every Bit of it"

184 posts in this topic

Quinn, like many HC's are hesitant to criticize any player in public.  Doing so can risk team chemistry.  With this public declaration, Quinn is basically saying that enough is enough.  He has been protective of his players in the media.  Now, accountability is at the forefront.  

Congratulations to Dan Quinn for leading.  He has set the course and the first order of business will be to improve the OL.  

I would not suggest that he make it common practice to make such public announcements, but every once in a while is a good way of establishing accountability and reassuring the fanbase.  

Well done, DQ.

1 hour ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Quinn: sheitttttttttttttt I’ll be ****ed if yall get me fired

LOL basically. Heads will roll now, Quinn knows he is on the hot seat in 2019.

Ergo Proxy likes this

Keep Sombrero and draft a starter quality guard in the 1st/second rounds. Also resign anal beadles, Fusco, and supplement thr other guard spot via FA if necessary and have a competition. 

13 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

D@@@@@mn did he really say that?

This day has been the first day I’ve actually been proud of having Quinn as a coach.  I love the real honesty coming from his mouth.  

Btw, I absolutely love Jonah Williams.  If we go Chris Lindstrom in the 2nd round we’d be set.

So not even the days we smashed the Seahawks and Packers en route to the Superbowl?

Tough crowd.

13 hours ago, MSalmon said:

I wouldn’t be mad if we drafted Jonas Williams and Chris Lindstrom and even Jacobs as rb

Combinations for me trump all.

Its hard enough starting in the league if you manage to grab Ford and Samia you don’t have to worry about them knowing one another as they’ve played together for 2-3 years already.

Had a good look at these 2 vs Bama and they were really good.

Francis York Morgan likes this

12 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Take Kyle’s “every game started” OL from 2016 and give him this crap OL we ran with this year; minus Free as well...do we even sniff the playoffs that year?

Tell you what the big thing I noticed about KSs and Ryan’s play was the improvement in Ryan’s pocket movement and throwing the ball on the move.To me that protected the Oline that pocket movement.I’m pretty sure that pocket movement and play calling by KS kept teams pass rush off balance and helped the Oline play immensely.

14 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Quinn going scorched earth.  I love it

And you guys said he wasn’t passionate and just playing his friends...LMFAO!!!  Quinn the Assassin.  Guys better be ready to earn a spot this offseason

Meh

All hype. He said something similar last year and look at what line we ended up with. I dont think he can evaluate OL that well.

7 hours ago, Gold4425 said:

IMHO you can't always assume a high drafted rookie OL is going to step right in and be able to handle NFL D linemen. I would go after a top F A, O lineman and then get one in the draft.

Agree. I'd love to sign Rodger Saffold at guard, maybe Danny Shelton as a big dude since NE declined the 5th year option, then draft either Cody Ford (1st) or Jawaan Taylor (2nd) depending on the value at other positions in the first. I'm also fine with a guard if we fill RT in FA (or hey, go Lindstrom in Rd 3 regardless), just think Saffold is arguably the best OL in free agency. We need to make a BIG push.

Ergo Proxy and PokerSteve like this

Mack and Matthews be all like, "whew!"

Then they turn and look at the other guys during their yearly hunting trip and be like, "oh man they got the guns."

Just now, B_Lo_Touchdowns said:

Lmao, y'all think this is good....DQ is backed into a corner. The ship is sinking fellas 

Well the best way to get out of a hole is to stop digging, and at least he's done that.  We'll see if he can put it all back together. 

I personally think he's making all the right moves so far in taking over the defense, getting a situational coach and getting a new OC and STC.  And I think it's important that he is sending a public message to the players that their play was unacceptable this year and they better get to work.  Maybe it's admitting he was too nice to them.  It's something Mora could never do, so I take it as he's learning there is a delicate balance.      

2 minutes ago, Brewcrew said:

Well the best way to get out of a hole is to stop digging, and at least he's done that.  We'll see if he can put it all back together. 

I personally think he's making all the right moves so far in taking over the defense, getting a situational coach and getting a new OC and STC.  And I think it's important that he is sending a public message to the players that their play was unacceptable this year and they better get to work.  Maybe it's admitting he was too nice to them.  It's something Mora could never do, so I take it as he's learning there is a delicate balance.      

SMH, when will we learn. DQ already is President of Football Operations and HC. Now he's gonna be the DC too, thats ways too many hat's. Plus hes throwing players and coaches under the bus to save his own skin. Pitching new catch phrases (fat and nasty). This the same dude who called time out in 3 games last year that helped us lose games. Same dude had rookie DBs guarding pro bowl WRs with the game on the line. Same dude who has coached this team to a just above .500 avg over the last 2 seasons. All these "scrubs" on this team guess what, they are DQ guys. Him putting a bigger imprint on this team doesn't seem like the best thing for this team but hey were gonna be "Fat and Nasty" next year so break out the kegs of beer and buckets of blue cheese dip theres gonna be alot of crow eating going on round here.

15 hours ago, mtldirtybird said:

**** DQ really said that. He means business.

Yes. He is handling this well.

1 hour ago, B_Lo_Touchdowns said:

SMH, when will we learn. DQ already is President of Football Operations and HC. Now he's gonna be the DC too, thats ways too many hat's. Plus hes throwing players and coaches under the bus to save his own skin. Pitching new catch phrases (fat and nasty). This the same dude who called time out in 3 games last year that helped us lose games. Same dude had rookie DBs guarding pro bowl WRs with the game on the line. Same dude who has coached this team to a just above .500 avg over the last 2 seasons. All these "scrubs" on this team guess what, they are DQ guys. Him putting a bigger imprint on this team doesn't seem like the best thing for this team but hey were gonna be "Fat and Nasty" next year so break out the kegs of beer and buckets of blue cheese dip theres gonna be alot of crow eating going on round here.

YouMad.jpg?1260647699

Posted (edited)

16 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I believe Sark is a smart guy, he was just in way over his head.. Which imo if he was so smart he should have never took the job without proper experience 

And being a nfl assistant is below what he can do.  He gained oc experience the only way you can...

Edited by slickgadawg

3 hours ago, Flying Falcon said:

All hype. He said something similar last year and look at what line we ended up with. I dont think he can evaluate OL that well.

At this point, I don't think you can argue with what you have stated.  Especially since the team had a rash of injuries along the OL, and he said we were fine with what we had.  Should have gone out and at lease acquired someone to help fill the void.  Instead, he & Demi did nothing, and the season went down the drain.

I am hoping that he will have a better approach this year, and that he has learned the importance of a good OL.  He's definitely saying all the right things, but let's see some action.  I think improvements will be made, but only time will tell.

Flying Falcon likes this

15 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

There's only so many moves that can be made from one offseason to the next. That's just another reason any of this letting Beasley walk talk is silly. We've got far more dire concerns than worrying about how much Beasley will get paid for 2019, whether he plays on the player option or signs an extension. Add in the fact that the Falcons finally seem to find his niche as shown by how well he played the last half of the season and I think he'll surprise quite a few folks in 2019 and be making folks eat their words.

You were probably saying this last off season too.  Worrying about how much Beasley is going to make is legitimate, because right now he is a rotational guy.  Don't overpay for him, because he's not a 12 - 13 mil. guy, and no one that says he isn't that type of player will be "eating their words."

17 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

Further proof that Sark was scapegoated...:lol:

Agreed.  What he did with this OL is pretty amazing...

5 hours ago, FalconAge said:

So not even the days we smashed the Seahawks and Packers en route to the Superbowl?

Tough crowd.

I’ve never been that high on Quinn as some others have been.  He a good guy, but has come up very short on countless occasions as a head coach and I think he now understands that.  His current honesty goes a lot further with me than his previous rah rah antics.

PokerSteve likes this

9 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

I’ve never been that high on Quinn as some others have been.  He a good guy, but has come up very short on countless occasions as a head coach and I think he now understands that.  His current honesty goes a lot further with me than his previous rah rah antics.

I'm hoping he gets it right. He loves the game and works as hard as any HC in football and, in general, is a good guy. He's come closest of any Falcon HC to get a SB win, wouldn't mind at all if he managed to finish the job.

KRUNKuno likes this

20 hours ago, RubberDucky said:

Need Guards more than RT.  If we can provide a pocket for Matt to step into, it'll help mask some of our RT deficiencies for another year. We have got to get better inside on this line.

RT was solid when the RG was solid as well. Totally in agreement.