Arkridge

Dan Quinn: "I'm Comfortable at Left Tackle & Center. Past That, Scrub Every Bit of it"

184 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I get your point, but I’d argue Tru is asked to cover way more ground than Poole and also Kazee getting INTs playing FS isn’t apples to apples.

Yes, Tru is playing more like an elite CB if he catches those INTs. He’d have some game changer in him instead of this state. Right now he looks like a dude with focus issues and tunneling on his technique; he isn’t letting other instincts help when ball is there because he did get in a good position in the first place many times this year.

Its maddening. That was the only thing saving Rocky until this year winded down. Now we got flags and no turnovers out of him. Before he’d at least get a couple picks. Just a walking liability at times..

yeah thats my pt neither is playing like a true number 1 outside corner, and the only reason trufant is safer is bc of his cap hit. if we cut alford next yr his dead cap hit is only 1.2 million I believe. I could be wrong the cap is not my thing at all lol. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

Say what?  Quinn admitting he has a bunch of busters on the online?  How about the Dline?  I guess we're set since he didn't mention it.   Not!

2 minutes ago, jdawg4876 said:

yeah thats my pt neither is playing like a true number 1 outside corner, and the only reason trufant is safer is bc of his cap hit. if we cut alford next yr his dead cap hit is only 1.2 million I believe. I could be wrong the cap is not my thing at all lol. 

Alford cut now is $1.2M dead 2019. A post 6/1 cut would divide the dead money to $600k 19 & 20. So not much sense keeping him for $600k if we need the $7.9M gained from the cut in time for OL, Grady, Julio...etc

Thd troublesome move if RS; not really worth cutting pre-6/1 designation. He may get the Shelby treatment(who we ironically brought back)

jdawg4876 likes this

4 minutes ago, Da_Truth said:

Say what?  Quinn admitting he has a bunch of busters on the online?  How about the Cline?  I guess we're set since he didn't mention it.   Not!

Context bro. Lol.

2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Alford cut now is $1.2M dead 2019. A post 6/1 cut would divide the dead money to $600k 19 & 20. So not much sense keeping him for $600k if we need the $7.9M gained from the cut in time for OL, Grady, Julio...etc

Thd troublesome move if RS; not really worth cutting pre-6/1 designation. He may get the Shelby treatment(who we ironically brought back)

true after looking at the numbers it would be best to try and restructure schrader and let him compete next yr for the job and have a real open try out between him, ty, and gono

Just now, Da_Truth said:

:huh:

the guy asking dan quinn the questions asked specifically about the o line, the d line did not get brought up there

Ergo Proxy likes this

1 minute ago, jdawg4876 said:

the guy asking dan quinn the questions asked specifically about the o line, the d line did not get brought up there

Right. Even though it wasn't asked, I'm saying the dline has it's own set of issues.  

Ergo Proxy likes this

Posted (edited)

Andy Levitre's contract is up. He's overpaid. He is a zone blocker only, too small for any other scheme.

Brandon Fusco was doing a fine job before getting injured. He's also too small for any other scheme.

Somehow Ryan Schrader has forgotten how to keep a job in the NFL. He's been stinkin' it up.

The scheme could change, especially with Dirk Koetter at OC.

It's rebuild the offensive line time.

Edited by *TMo*
Ergo Proxy and Big_Dog like this

I told you a few weeks ago that Flowery Branch was going to a very hostile work environment for a lot of folks. No doubt that The Don leaned on Quinn something heavy after season's end...

Halcon-1 likes this

2 hours ago, RubberDucky said:

That'd be ideal. But we still need to go after a legit DT and probably DE as well.

2 hours ago, Falcanuck said:

I'd be OK with the entire draft being allocated to the OL and DL.

There's only so many moves that can be made from one offseason to the next. That's just another reason any of this letting Beasley walk talk is silly. We've got far more dire concerns than worrying about how much Beasley will get paid for 2019, whether he plays on the player option or signs an extension. Add in the fact that the Falcons finally seem to find his niche as shown by how well he played the last half of the season and I think he'll surprise quite a few folks in 2019 and be making folks eat their words.

Shelley#37 likes this

20 minutes ago, *TMo* said:

Andy Levitre's contract is up. He's overpaid. He is a zone blocker only, too small for any other scheme.

Brandon Fusco was doing a fine job before getting injured. He's also too small for any other scheme.

Somehow Ryan Schrader has forgotten how to keep a job in the NFL. He's been stinkin' it up.

The scheme could change, especially with Dirk Koetter at OC.

It's rebuild the offensive line time.

Not really. Fusco was underwhelming before the injury. Like other posters have said, he'll likely be kept for depth but I'd bet they'll look for a new starting guard either through free agency or within the first 4 rounds of the draft.

1 minute ago, Arkridge said:

Not really. Fusco was underwhelming before the injury. Like other posters have said, he'll likely be kept for depth but I'd bet they'll look for a new starting guard either through free agency or within the first 4 rounds of the draft.

I'm not gonna argue with you on that one. I think we need two guards and a tackle.

39 minutes ago, jdawg4876 said:

true after looking at the numbers it would be best to try and restructure schrader and let him compete next yr for the job and have a real open try out between him, ty, and gono

Clarity, we should cut Schraeder just doesn’t help us before 6/1.

32 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Yeah man he sounds like a guy who may have got a stern talking to from The Godfather! :lol:

Where is that Godfather AB lurking behind Smitty picture?

blkbigdog35 likes this

1 hour ago, Ergo Proxy said:

It’s not necessarily multiple drafts but drafting alone can hurt how quickly you get a starting caliber OL to perform up to their talent.

Look at Jake’s rookie year.

So, Ty at RT and Gono developed; see another grooming and developing player like Wes, while solving LG and RG starter; even if you draft an OT to become the starter eventually.

More likely we focus on 2 OGs at minimum that can start between FA & the Draft; while securing a plan for RT.

So, technically it’s still possible after FA moves that OL is not the 1st round pick but it’s leaning that way.

Everyone on this message board loves Matt Gono. He was #77 right? I remember seeing multiple clips during training camp of #44 eating #77's lunch. I remember watching the preseason games and watching #77 get lit up across the board. But everyone on this message board hates #44. Go Figure. 95% of the posters on this message board probably have trouble taking a piss without peeing on themselves.

Shelley#37 likes this

1 hour ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

If Sark keeps his head up and grinds it out for another team, maybe as a qb coach I honestly believe he'll be a good NFL oc.. He just didn't have the experience which is invaluable. I absolutely believe he learned alot these last 2 years 

Matt Ryan had 35 TD passes and only 7 picks for the 2nd best year of his career out of 11 and Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley broke franchise records and yet Sark was so terrible? Such fantastic logic at work.

54 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

There's zero chance he just realized it and you know that. Losing both starting OGs and Schraeder going off a cliff ruined the OL and made him take our depth more seriously. They played terrific last year, it wasn't dead obvious this would happen.

It’s more than that on defense and offense. He was too slow and admitted it. Hopefully he has learnt the lesson. 

4 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Everyone on this message board loves Matt Gono. He was #77 right? I remember seeing multiple clips during training camp of #44 eating #77's lunch. I remember watching the preseason games and watching #77 get lit up across the board. But everyone on this message board hates #44. Go Figure. 95% of the posters on this message board probably have trouble taking a piss without peeing on themselves.

? Ty Sambrailo used to struggle with 1 trick speed rusher before learning not only his craft but his opponent.

Do not fail to mention how OL take time to groom out of this time for college to the NFL.

Are you high? Lol

Gono. A developmental player. Did I miss something? If Vic couldn’t eat him up he should just retire already.

3 hours ago, Sandy5prings said:

"I'm comfortable at center and left tackle in the same way as you said,” said Quinn. “Past that, you scrub every bit of it. One of the projects we're going through with the staff now is we're all watching the season together, in order, on both sides of the ball together.

:D

Ummmm...who's on the staff right now?  The ball boys?  Did we hire an OC, DC or STC that I don't know about?

Image result for sitting alone in office

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

? Ty Sambrailo used to struggle with 1 trick speed rusher before learning not only his craft but his opponent.

Do not fail to mention how OL take time to groom out of this time for college to the NFL.

Are you high? Lol

Gono. A developmental player. Did I miss something? If Vic couldn’t eat him up he should just retire already.

No. I'm not high. And Beasley wasn't just beating him with speed. Beasley was overpowering him. But you completely missed the point. All season once it was clear we had an issue at RT folks were calling for giving Gono snaps. Yet Gono didn't do anything during training camp or preseason to justify the coaches putting him on the field in real NFL games. Yet a guy that everyone here calls a bum whipped up on the guy everyone wanted to see on the field. Where does this even make any sense?

EDIT: If Gono can't handle the bum that is Vic Besley then how is he gonna handle good players? That was the point I was trying to make using TATF's logic!!

Edited by Falconsfan567

26 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

There's only so many moves that can be made from one offseason to the next. That's just another reason any of this letting Beasley walk talk is silly. We've got far more dire concerns than worrying about how much Beasley will get paid for 2019, whether he plays on the player option or signs an extension. Add in the fact that the Falcons finally seem to find his niche as shown by how well he played the last half of the season and I think he'll surprise quite a few folks in 2019 and be making folks eat their words.

I’d only let Beasley walk if Irvin is coming back and Campbell would play more SLB. That 12 mil would be useful to put toward a guard. 

Ergo Proxy likes this