Arkridge

Dan Quinn: "I'm Comfortable at Left Tackle & Center. Past That, Scrub Every Bit of it"

184 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, k-train said:

Bye, Schraeder.

Who has been the biggest disappointment on the OL. Hurtvitre as well. The other guys were just depth. Too bad we gave up a draft pick for one of them.

vitaman likes this

@jdawg4876 Hill looked good to me this year. Decisive. Also, if Ito really just had a minor procedure we might still be fine at RB.

Besides, If we get the B L O C K I N G straight then Free is icing on the cake.

But I admit RB mid rounds was on my mind. I think that’s more likely than CB this year in the draft. Imagine is Rocky hadn’t fallen off it wouldn’t be a question. Restructure or get a cheaper veteran.

So, to me I’m only going CB if we got OL settled before the draft enough to not take a guy round 1 and he is clearly the BPA over a DL or LB.

jdawg4876 likes this

1 minute ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Who has been the biggest disappointment on the OL. Hurtvitre as well. The other guys were just depth. Too bad we gave up a draft pick for one of them.

Wait, who? Isn’t Ty probably back?

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Wait, who? Isn’t Ty probably back?

Yeah, but he's not really a starter. He fills in well, and that may very well be his role. We just could have used that pick for something else, considering he would have probably been cut anyway.

vitaman and JDaveG like this

@jdawg4876 Hill looked good to me this year. Decisive. Also, if Ito really just had a minor procedure we might still be fine at RB.

Besides, If we get the B L O C K I N G straight then Free is icing on the cake.

But I admit RB mid rounds was on my mind. I think that’s more likely than CB this year in the draft. Imagine is Rocky hadn’t fallen off it wouldn’t be a question. Restructure or get a cheaper veteran.

So, to me I’m only going CB if we got OL settled before the draft enough to not take a guy round 1 and he is clearly the BPA over a DL or LB.

we shall see but we have taken a cb every yr that quinn has been here except 2016 , kazee, oliver, jalen collins

Ergo Proxy likes this

Just now, Faithful Falcon said:

Yeah, but he's not really a starter. He fills in well, and that may very well be his role. We just could have used that pick for something else, considering he would have probably been cut anyway.

Eh, I don’t know. A 5th rounder when we started seeing Schraeder/3rd OT become a problem last year. It’s more of a waste if we don’t bring him back tho.

Eh, I don’t know. A 5th rounder when we started seeing Schraeder/3rd OT become a problem last year. It’s more of a waste if we don’t bring him back tho.

Not bad, but we could have just picked him up in FA.

Ergo Proxy likes this

Just now, jdawg4876 said:

we shall see but we have taken a cb every yr that quinn has been here except 2016 , kazee, oliver, jalen collins

My gut just says Collins was washed out with Oliver to replace him; and that our front 7 play to put teams in pass situations and RUSH the passer will matter more than CB even if Alford is cut. Unless we lack faith in Oliver and at that point we have a problem in drafting CB high suddenly.

2 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Dang, he’s serious. Quinn never throws anyone under the bus. 

Think he got his own *** chewed on a bit, nothing wrong with that either. He just has to get the defense up to snuff

Vandy, Drew4719, Ergo Proxy and 2 others like this

Just now, Faithful Falcon said:

Not bad, but we could have just picked him up in FA.

But the trade arguably kept control on his rookie deal(am I right?) vs any team offering him a contract if he hit FA.

Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

My gut just says Collins was washed out with Oliver to replace him; and that our front 7 play to put teams in pass situations and RUSH the passer will matter more than CB even if Alford is cut. Unless we lack faith in Oliver and at that point we have a problem in drafting CB high suddenly.

not necessarily the way I read between the lines is the staff has a problem with both trufant and alford, its just easier to get rid of alford next yr than trufant. but lets not act like we all didnt see trufant run away from a tackle. that cant make dan "mr fast and physical" quinn happy

ATL Fan in the DMV likes this

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, putnam6 said:

Thing is if they get offense clicking defense just needs to be 15-20 range, got to hope Neal and Rico return to form.

You get our front 7 right and with those guys coming back; we can play with a lead.

D L 100%

Put up or shut up time for VB; one of those “disappointing” players from the presser IMO.

Irvin needs to be back. Is VB back at nearly $13M? Or is that OL FA money? I’m thinking front 7 all day outside of OL. Couple other decisions of less capital on O side.

Edited by Ergo Proxy
putnam6 likes this

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, jdawg4876 said:

not necessarily the way I read between the lines is the staff has a problem with both trufant and alford, its just easier to get rid of alford next yr than trufant. but lets not act like we all didnt see trufant run away from a tackle. that cant make dan "mr fast and physical" quinn happy

If tackling of Tru is our biggest concern we alright. Dude catches some INTs and he is earning his paycheck. Not quite but yeah he can’t be cut anytime soon. We can’t afford the dead money with DeBo, Grady, Julio contracts hitting cap soon.

Tru was way more consistent; albeit underperforming on the year, than Rocky. Tru played better down the stretch as well.

This is why it’s more reliable to fix our anemic pass rush. And a better front 7 + Neal minimizes CB tackles in open field on RBs.

Another reason Poole should be back. Like a LB or S tackling out of the slot in sub packages (RFA)

Edited by Ergo Proxy

You get our front 7 right and with those guys coming back; we can play with a lead.

D L 100%

Put up or shut up time for VB; one of those “disappointing” players from the presser IMO.

Irvin needs to be back. Is VB back at nearly $13? Or is that OL FA money? I’m thinking front 7 all day outside of OL. Couple other decisions of less capital on O side.

vic would be gone or on a very team friendly deal if it was me. id keep irvin, and jack crawford though

Ergo Proxy likes this

1 hour ago, KRUNKuno said:

D@@@@@mn did he really say that?

This day has been the first day I’ve actually been proud of having Quinn as a coach.  I love the real honesty coming from his mouth.  

Btw, I absolutely love Jonah Williams.  If we go Chris Lindstrom in the 2nd round we’d be set.

Let's see what he and the Organization actually does, not what they say they mean.

9 minutes ago, putnam6 said:

Thing is if they get offense clicking defense just needs to be 15-20 range, got to hope Neal and Rico return to form.

Call me greedy, but I want a top 10 defense next year! I'm tired of average to (mostly) below average defenses year after year! Quinn is supposed to be a defensive guru, and it's time to show it!

Ergo Proxy likes this

Just now, vanhino said:

Call me greedy, but I want a top 10 defense next year! I'm tired of average to (mostly) below average defenses year after year! Quinn is supposed to be a defensive guru, and it's time to show it!

Not hard to be “top 10” like 2017 but I want a dominant top 10 not just yardage. Points allowed per drive instead of just PPG.

PPG is fine as long as your PPG on offense is back to 28+.

vanhino likes this

If tackling of Tru is our biggest concern we alright. Dude catches some INTs and he is earning his paycheck. Not quite but yeah he can’t be cut anytime soon. We can’t afford the dead money with DeBo, Grady, Julio contracts hitting cap soon.

Tru was way more consistent; albeit underperforming on the year, than Rocky. Tru played better down the stretch as well.

This is why it’s more reliable to fix our anemic pass rush. And a better front 7 + Neal minimizes CB tackles in open field on RBs.

Anorher reason Poole should be back.(RFA)

to me they all played bad the best cb for the entire yr was prob brain poole and thats sad to say. trufant had 0 ints this yr. he has had 9 in his entire career. kazee had all 7 of his in one yr, and we all saw that trufant should have had like 4 or 5 this yr.

Ergo Proxy likes this

Just now, vanhino said:

I hear ya would love a mean *** defense you could count on occasionally. Need to drop that soft *** zone **** and blitz a few times.

vanhino likes this

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, jdawg4876 said:

to me they all played bad the best cb for the entire yr was prob brain poole and thats sad to say. trufant had 0 ints this yr. he has had 9 in his entire career. kazee had all 7 of his in one yr, and we all saw that trufant should have had like 4 or 5 this yr.

I get your point, but I’d argue Tru is asked to cover way more ground than Poole and also Kazee getting INTs playing FS isn’t apples to apples.

Yes, Tru is playing more like an elite CB if he catches those INTs. He’d have some game changer in him instead of this state. Right now he looks like a dude with focus issues and tunneling on his technique; he isn’t letting other instincts help when ball is there because he did get in a good position in the first place many times this year.

Its maddening. That was the only thing saving Rocky until this year winded down. Now we got flags and no turnovers out of him. Before he’d at least get a couple picks. Just a walking liability at times..

Edited by Ergo Proxy

52 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

He should have realized it sooner. Questioning his boneheaded decision doesn’t make some one hater. 

There's zero chance he just realized it and you know that. Losing both starting OGs and Schraeder going off a cliff ruined the OL and made him take our depth more seriously. They played terrific last year, it wasn't dead obvious this would happen.

Falconsfan567 likes this