Arkridge

Dan Quinn: "I'm Comfortable at Left Tackle & Center. Past That, Scrub Every Bit of it"

184 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Changes definitely coming for the offensive line.

As much as we want an offensive tackle, this is probably the most likely scenario right now given our draft position:

And I wouldn't hate it at all. Best OL in the draft at 14 is a steal.

Edited by Arkridge

DQ just said that other than Mack and Matthews, every other position on the OL is up for grabs next year

https://929thegame.radio.com/articles/atlanta-falcons-could-look-replace-three-offensive-linemen-2019

"I'm comfortable at center and left tackle in the same way as you said,” said Quinn. “Past that, you scrub every bit of it. One of the projects we're going through with the staff now is we're all watching the season together, in order, on both sides of the ball together.

Good. It's a shame Schraeder fell off a cliff this year. He even got an opportunity to resurrect his starting position in the last game and STILL f'ed it up. He might be gone. RT is a high need IMO.

It also sucks Levitre went out. He was above average for us but not long term.  Fusco was at least serviceable but they just signed the guy so we'll see what they do with him. Overall, G is a high need as well.

I'd say you try to at least secure one FA tackle or guard and go OL with the first or second pick in the draft.

Just now, Arkridge said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Levitre was gone either. Or Fusco. Injury be ****ed, he was playing like **** before he ever got hurt.

Levitre isn't under contract anyway. Plus he's gonna be 33 & is coming off back to back years with a significant upper body injury.

So, yeah... that one should be kinda obvious.

I do think they'll hang on to Fusco for depth purposes for another year/until they get better options in place.

6 minutes ago, k-train said:

Levitre isn't under contract anyway. Plus he's gonna be 33 & is coming off back to back years with a significant upper body injury.

So, yeah... that one should be kinda obvious.

I do think they'll hang on to Fusco for depth purposes for another year/until they get better options in place.

Agreed. He's probably a veteran cut during the summer if they end up moving on. 

Posted (edited)

Need Guards more than RT.  If we can provide a pocket for Matt to step into, it'll help mask some of our RT deficiencies for another year. We have got to get better inside on this line.

Edited by RubberDucky
aer2033, Statick, quotemokc and 6 others like this

1 minute ago, RubberDucky said:

Need Guards more than RT.  If we can provide a pocket for Matt to step into, it'll help mask some of our RT deficiencies for another year. We have got to get better inside on this line.

Maybe they'll do both. 

Just now, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Maybe they'll do both. 

That'd be ideal. But we still need to go after a legit DT and probably DE as well.

Ergo Proxy likes this

D@@@@@mn did he really say that?

This day has been the first day I’ve actually been proud of having Quinn as a coach.  I love the real honesty coming from his mouth.  

Btw, I absolutely love Jonah Williams.  If we go Chris Lindstrom in the 2nd round we’d be set.

MoFalconsFan56 and Weir1419 like this